Lions Making Coaching Staff Changes

Bills should do so on the defensive side.

Really? The Lions have won what, one game? The Bills are 3-4 and the backup QB is hot garbage. That's the only reason they are not 4-3. Not ideal, but it would be a winning record with a new staff, new QB and two games vs unbeatens. Changes halfway into a new staff's first season would fall into the knee- jerk category. The Lions supposedly have a franchise QB and a renowned #1 WR. Watching their O, they look like they have no idea how to protect Stafford or even play offense in general. They've underachieved for years and are overdue a shakeup on O.

I keep checking the story lines to see if the Bills are going to do something on their bye week. Realistically, I know it is too early to declare this season a bust and make changes.

However, I am so disappointed in Rex with all of his bragging and side-show personality, I would love to see something happen.

I also know that the injuries have been ridiculous, and it is premature to pin the poor W/L record on Rex. But my disappointment causes me to wish something would be done.

Rex is being paid too much for anyone to just eat his salary and send him away. Perhaps bring in an "associate head coach" and knock Rex down a little in prestige. But nobody with any credibility would want the job.

I think I just made a circular argument. The fate of a Bills fan.

Really? The Lions have won what, one game? The Bills are 3-4 and the backup QB is hot garbage. That's the only reason they are not 4-3. Not ideal, but it would be a winning record with a new staff, new QB and two games vs unbeatens. Changes halfway into a new staff's first season would fall into the knee- jerk category. The Lions supposedly have a franchise QB and a renowned #1 WR. Watching their O, they look like they have no idea how to protect Stafford or even play offense in general. They've underachieved for years and are overdue a shakeup on O.

We have a top 3 caliber D currently performing in the bottom third of the league. Really no different than the lions O

Edited by peterpan

I keep checking the story lines to see if the Bills are going to do something on their bye week. Realistically, I know it is too early to declare this season a bust and make changes.

However, I am so disappointed in Rex with all of his bragging and side-show personality, I would love to see something happen.

I also know that the injuries have been ridiculous, and it is premature to pin the poor W/L record on Rex. But my disappointment causes me to wish something would be done.

Rex is being paid too much for anyone to just eat his salary and send him away. Perhaps bring in an "associate head coach" and knock Rex down a little in prestige. But nobody with any credibility would want the job.

I think I just made a circular argument. The fate of a Bills fan.

this is everything, in a nutshell ... 98% of Bills fans probably agree

injuries are no excuse, but we have had a lot

the backup QB is not adequate to get a W, but neither is Cassel

we gave decent effort, but don't confuse effort with results

the circling of wagons goes on, but it doesn't

thank you football gods, may we have another?

We have a top 3 caliber D currently performing in the bottom third of the league. Really no different than the lions O

I don't think the Lions are in year one of a new system. The Bills defense has also played a few solid games, so those numbers are a bit skewed by two games. They haven't looked utterly inept like the Lions O. You just don't see NFL teams make sweeping changes after 7 games of a new HC regime. It would have to be an absolute disaster, and while the Bills D has underperformed, I don't think they're in the disaster category.

And as previous Bills coaches couldn't figure out how to use CJ Spiller, Lombardi wasn't putting Abdullah in situations to succeed.