Connor Cook

Tu-Toned

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is exactly the type of pocket passer the Bills need and should covet next year.

The dude can flat out ball, and we need to target this guy, TT can back him up!

2 factors which disagree:

The kiss of death has been applied to him by Buffalo Barbarian in Gabbertesque fashion

His team at MSU apparently hates his guts as he is a 4 year starter at QB and they rejected him as a potential team captain. Has something like that ever happened before?

He is exactly the type of pocket passer the Bills need and should covet next year.

He is just so unimpressive to me. A career Completion % below 60 is not very good. That is only going to get worse in the pros.

IF you transitioned his numbers to the pros, in terms of completion % he would rank in the high 30's low 40's for ALL QB's.

He is Ryan Tannehill, Alex Smith.

Also this:

Completion %.

EJ Manuel at FSU - 66.9%.

Connor Cook at MSU - 58%.

Edited by CountDorkula

Fair to say EJ had more talent around him but I take the point. I was high on Cook's potential last year but I have to say I have been a little underwhelmed so far this year. I don't know... I need to really get stuck into watching some of these guys in more detail before I clarify the potential order in my head.

He is just so unimpressive to me. A career Completion % below 60 is not very good. That is only going to get worse in the pros.

IF you transitioned his numbers to the pros, in terms of completion % he would rank in the high 30's low 40's for ALL QB's.

OK, but he sure looked good to me on Saturday against Indiana, I think we need to keep an eye on him!

He seems pretty durable and should be able to handle the snow and elements!

OK, but he sure looked good to me on Saturday against Indiana, I think we need to keep an eye on him!

He seems pretty durable and should be able to handle the snow and elements!

The elements thing, means very little to me. Yea I get it, it is Buffalo and it snows, but that is maybe 1-2 games a season, maybe. Sometimes none at all. and with the talk of a new stadium (I fully believe It's gona be a dome) I think the elements will be eliminated.

Guess it is a agree to disagree scenario on Cook. :beer:

Also this:

Completion %.

EJ Manuel at FSU - 66.9%.

Connor Cook at MSU - 58%.

I will say this about Cook: he makes far more challenging, deeper throws than the average college QB. That affects his completion pct. Indeed, I'd say he is the OPPOSITE of Tannehill and Smith (and I think Tannehill is a little better than average as a pro). So many completion pcts of QBs at elite programs are products of easy, one-half-of-the-field short passing games combined with top-shelf surrounding talent. Those numbers are deceiving.

Edited by dave mcbride

thanks for joining the club!

However I'd rather he sit for a yr and learn while TT gets beat up with this line, hopefully whaley can find better tackles

2 factors which disagree:

The kiss of death has been applied to him by Buffalo Barbarian in Gabbertesque fashion

His team at MSU apparently hates his guts as he is a 4 year starter at QB and they rejected him as a potential team captain. Has something like that ever happened before?

glad you don't like him since you apparently can't see his talent :thumbsup:

Fair to say EJ had more talent around him but I take the point. I was high on Cook's potential last year but I have to say I have been a little underwhelmed so far this year. I don't know... I need to really get stuck into watching some of these guys in more detail before I clarify the potential order in my head.

He has looked a lot better the past few weeks as he is getting into sync with the new WRs

I will say this about Cook: he makes far more challenging, deeper throws than the average college QB. That affects his completion pct. Indeed, I'd say he is the OPPOSITE of Tannehill and Smith (and I think Tannehill is a little better than average as a pro). So many completion pcts of QBs at elite programs are products of easy, one-half-of-the-field short passing games combined with top-shelf surrounding talent. Those numbers are deceiving.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

MSU alum here - so I watch all the games - or most - I would say this about CC - the guy wins - since he came on as starter MSU has been on a tear - something like 28-3. He has won every big game he has been in except last years Big 10 championship to OSU - but then beat Baylor in a HUGE win.

With all those wins - a lot of big throws - a lot of clutch throws. MSU plays as close to a pro style offense as anybody in college.

try watching his games JR

I will admit that I haven't seen him play much. I did see the Michigan/MSU game a few weeks ago, and wasn't blown away by him, or even consider that he could be a top prospect-- but I am not a huge college football guy.

It's just rare that MSU would be pumping out a franchise QB.

Sure, why not!

Draft another player in the 1st round and throw him to the wolves behind a piss poor offensive line ...again. Then be sure to have his OC call more pass plays then run plays out of the shotgun all game long.

Take a long hard look at the Jets this year to see them doing better on offense with someone who Bills fans called noodle armed Fitz. Mostly because they have a decent run game, and a decent line to protect the QB.

No offense to the fans who want a legit franchise QB in Buffalo because so do I. The problem is that nobody will ever do well at QB in Buffalo until the FO upgrades the line properly. This year the Bills might lose both Glenn in free agency, and Incognito who was signed for only one year. The right side is a disaster again this year, and to top that off center Eric Wood isn't playing up to the level we saw in years past.

BB needs to remove Cook from #1 and replace him with another OT / OG should the Bills not resign Glenn / Cogs

I will admit that I haven't seen him play much. I did see the Michigan/MSU game a few weeks ago, and wasn't blown away by him, or even consider that he could be a top prospect-- but I am not a huge college football guy.

It's just rare that MSU would be pumping out a franchise QB.

My wife is an MSU alum and they're always on, so I see a lot. He's pretty good, and he runs a pro offense that requires big league throws. It's not Bryce Petty out there.

Edited by dave mcbride

Sure, why not!

Draft another player in the 1st round and throw him to the wolves behind a piss poor offensive line ...again. Then be sure to have his OC call more pass plays then run plays out of the shotgun all game long.

Take a long hard look at the Jets this year to see them doing better on offense with someone who Bills fans called noodle armed Fitz. Mostly because they have a decent run game, and a decent line to protect the QB.

No offense to the fans who want a legit franchise QB in Buffalo because so do I. The problem is that nobody will ever do well at QB in Buffalo until the FO upgrades the line properly. This year the Bills might lose both Glenn in free agency, and Incognito who was signed for only one year. The right side is a disaster again this year, and to top that off center Eric Wood isn't playing up to the level we saw in years past.

BB needs to remove Cook from #1 and replace him with another OT / OG should the Bills not resign Glenn / Cogs

That's just false. Rodgers, Brady, Big Ben, Wilson, etc etc, all have terrible lines.

QB's that can read pressures, and recognize blitzes, and call certain protections improve o-line play.