I'm Not Done With This Team, Just Dormant

Peace Frog

I've been following them since 1988 and have witnessed the good times and bad. My father & I were there for the comeback game against Houston. I've seen them live the last four times we've played against Dallas (my folks live in Dallas). I'm in Washington state and took my wife to her first Bills' game last year against New England. I've decided to save my enthusiasm (and attention) for when they make the playoffs. Bandwagon fan, you say? Perhaps. But I feel I've earned it after years of heartbreak, anger, and frustration. This team hasn't made the playoffs since Clinton was president. Maybe they won't make it again until another Clinton is president, who knows? I do know that I'll be glad to get my Sunday afternoons back and not waste them watching hot garbage take the field. I wish the team well and hope they do make it but until then, I'm not done, just dormant. Au revoir.

Have you agreed to see other people?

As the team inevitably proves itself to be a disappointment and the playoffs become unobtainable, watching the game becomes less of a priority. I've never regretted missing a loss, but I've regretted watching a few of them.

Well said.

I stopped showing emotion a couple years ago, for the most part. Especially at bad play. I didn't get pissed off once yesterday. I didn't show any emotion until we took the lead (for those 4 seconds). "Less of a priority," is exactly how I feel about watching the games. I'm sure I'll watch most of them, but only because I've got nothing better to do (especially as the weather starts to get schitty). But the days of saying, "no I can't because the Bills are on," are history.

Well said.

I stopped showing emotion a couple years ago, for the most part. Especially at bad play. I didn't get pissed off once yesterday. I didn't show any emotion until we took the lead (for those 4 seconds). "Less of a priority," is exactly how I feel about watching the games. I'm sure I'll watch most of them, but only because I've got nothing better to do (especially as the weather starts to get schitty). But the days of saying, "no I can't because the Bills are on," are history.

I wish all football games could start at 9:30AM. to be honest. Be over and out of the house by noon.

I did get pissed off yesterday, and I did because I bought into the hype, like many others. I am looking forward to the bye week where if I watch football, great, if i don't, great. It will all depend on the weather.

Im off the bandwagon. No more 200$ gamepass, no more Jackson, Manuel, Spiller Jerseys...( ha, funny to think those were my last 3 Jerseys )

I think we've had enough and Rex was the one that put me over the top!

Had an Alonso jersey, fwiw

And difficult to disagree with the OP. Won't stop watching or being the avid fan I am. But exactly when do we get a break in this horrific streak of losing?

Wow, a heartbreaking loss, but not enough to abandon my Bills, or be dormant! I think the injuries are killing the Bills more than anything. Hey, I didn't expect Rex to create a prize-fighter right off the bat. Face it, he brought just about his whole Jets coaching staff with him and they've sucked the last few years. I figured we'd get some exposure (which we have) and have a boost in excitement choosing Rex (Season ticket purchases). I think we'll win more games this year, probably not get a playoff spot and we'll be fighting for real next year!

Yeah, this team is in constant re-building mode, but the buzz is still there in Bills land. I've been a fan since 'Talking Proud' so I've seen some big ups AND big downs. The fact that I'm seeing more hats out there and getting more high-fives from people in the supermarket (Upstate NY Fan) is a sign that the interest in this team is coming around again. I don't think an injury depleted loss is going to derail the comeback with this team.

GO BILLS!!!!

We all need the bye-week!!!!

p.s. EJ Manual sucks!!!! Nice guy, but bad QB!

Good ridince don't let the door hit you in the arrrsseeee. I like my Bills no matter if there 0-16 or 16-0

You just stick with them. We don't need fans like you. Goodbye

And us who have kicked the team to the curb are so much happier on Monday's like this. I was whistling on my way to work today sounds like you were kicking puppy dogs. Between how the Bills have performed the past 15 years and how the rules committee and refs have ruined the game (in my opinion) Sunday's are much more fun and a hell of a lot more productive.

And no you don't just stick with them. If a restaurant, bar, store, any service provider, that used to be my favorite !@#$s up and !@#$s up consistently I move on.

I wish all football games could start at 9:30AM. to be honest. Be over and out of the house by noon.

I did get pissed off yesterday, and I did because I bought into the hype, like many others. I am looking forward to the bye week where if I watch football, great, if i don't, great. It will all depend on the weather.

Move too the left coast!!

First game 10:00 am starts. it was great. MNF? 6pm. I miss that big time. You can watch the Bills krap the bed before lunch!

Fine - give up if you want, but I absolutely guarantee that the Bills will not lose this Sunday...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

16 and 4 baby!!!!!

I was waiting for someone to say The Bills wont lose this week! That reminds me, there are some people here at work that love taking bets. They don't care who the Bills are playing, they just like to bet against them!

GO BILLS!