I'm Not Done With This Team, Just Dormant

Peace Frog

I've been following them since 1988 and have witnessed the good times and bad. My father & I were there for the comeback game against Houston. I've seen them live the last four times we've played against Dallas (my folks live in Dallas). I'm in Washington state and took my wife to her first Bills' game last year against New England. I've decided to save my enthusiasm (and attention) for when they make the playoffs. Bandwagon fan, you say? Perhaps. But I feel I've earned it after years of heartbreak, anger, and frustration. This team hasn't made the playoffs since Clinton was president. Maybe they won't make it again until another Clinton is president, who knows? I do know that I'll be glad to get my Sunday afternoons back and not waste them watching hot garbage take the field. I wish the team well and hope they do make it but until then, I'm not done, just dormant. Au revoir.

Good ridince don't let the door hit you in the arrrsseeee. I like my Bills no matter if there 0-16 or 16-0

You just stick with them. We don't need fans like you. Goodbye

Hot Take!!!

The OP has a good point. Part of my concern with the bills during this slide has been the unwavering support from fans. While good, it can lead to complacency from owners. I wonder what would happen if the fan base started being more unforgiving and voicing themselves with their wallets and time.

I agree in a lot of ways with the OP and would add that the NFL also contributes to my questioning whether or not I want to spend the time and emotion that I have over the years supporting such a pathetic team and increasingly worse league. The officiating is just so bad that it makes the whole experience unenjoyable.

Anyway, I think at this point - after such a long streak of futility, I can't blame anyway for looking elsewhere to spend their time and money.

I've been following them since 1988 and have witnessed the good times and bad. My father & I were there for the comeback game against Houston. I've seen them live the last four times we've played against Dallas (my folks live in Dallas). I'm in Washington state and took my wife to her first Bills' game last year against New England. I've decided to save my enthusiasm (and attention) for when they make the playoffs. Bandwagon fan, you say? Perhaps. But I feel I've earned it after years of heartbreak, anger, and frustration. This team hasn't made the playoffs since Clinton was president. Maybe they won't make it again until another Clinton is president, who knows? I do know that I'll be glad to get my Sunday afternoons back and not waste them watching hot garbage take the field. I wish the team well and hope they do make it but until then, I'm not done, just dormant. Au revoir.

Well Clinty wont be pres, so it will be awhile

time for a 2016 draft thread

Cook, Goff, Lynch

Im off the bandwagon. No more 200$ gamepass, no more Jackson, Manuel, Spiller Jerseys...( ha, funny to think those were my last 3 Jerseys )

I think we've had enough and Rex was the one that put me over the top!

I still want a Kyle Williams jersey as he represents everything I like about football even though the Bills suk

Anyway, I think at this point - after such a long streak of futility, I can't blame anyway for looking elsewhere to spend their time and money.

yup. most sane people probably would. not sure what's wrong with the rest of us. oh, right -- it's russ brandon's terrific marketing that keeps us coming back for more.

Good idea op. After 16 seasons of enduring the Bills' losing product, we'd all be better off not wasting our time and $$$ on this team.

I still want a Kyle Williams jersey as he represents everything I like about football even though the Bills suk

Is he going to pay you to wear a Bills jersey with his name on it? I guess I just don't understand why a grown man would want to wear a jersey with some other dude's name on it.

Today will likely be remembered as the worst day of this season. I watched every minute of it. I was dying (engaged) throughout most of the second half.

If you can't be entertained watching your team, even when they lose, then you aught not be a fan. It makes no sense. Personally, as disgusted as I am at the team, I still don't understand how someone could say they truly don't want to watch. No matter how bad it gets.

Edited by Rex'sOffense

Terry needs to address the whole management team, no more QB frauds and we need to hire a couple direct QB scouts. Find a freaking QB and stop this madness. Let these two scouts do nothing but scout QB'S and draft one if not two every season until we hit on one. EJ is lucky to be a third stringer in this league.

They pop up every year and I believe some do what they say. Living in another country, next year I will not be buying Gamepass. I can buy month per month. Will probably wait til week 6 or so to see if the Bills deserve my hard earned money.

I think I'm with you. This game really hit me hard. When they were down 24-3 in the 2nd, I turned it off and told myself I wasn't turning it back on, no matter what. After about an hour the sting was wearing off, and I checked the score. Comeback in progress. I reluctantly switched back and watched as if I was watching a horror movie, ready at any moment to cover my eyes. I knew the script. Why simply lose when you can trample the fans hearts twice? Did Ralph Wilson have some kind of secret beef with the league and this endless train of misery is their retribution? Does god hate buffalo?

I've suffered through fifteen seasons of this. I'm not a masochist. This team is not good for my mental well-being. I know what will happen if I stop watching, though. I know the script. They will win three straight after the bye. I won't be able to stop myself from re-engaging, this damned team drawing me in yet again. I won't be able to quell the feelings of hope, of "this is the year." They'll win again, and again, all but assured of a playoff spot. Then they will collapse in the worst way possible. Phantom penalties, receptions that break the natural laws of the universe, missed extra points, God knows what else. It's too much.

And if they somehow overcome all of the obstacles, somehow make it in, it will be even worse. hopes and dreams on steroids, quashed, like a lateral across the field on the final kickoff. Lately, I wish my parents hadn't set me on the couch beside them every Sunday, fostering an emotional attachment to a football team from birth. My first bills game, I was one week old. Thirty years later, I've had enough.