So would you say the season is over now? Before Halloween?

dayman

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the season we anticipated has been over since the Pats game when our rosy assumptions were revealed as nothing more than smoke and dark mirrors. But we're Bills fans so even though that game showed us that the Bills weren't what we hoped and thought they'd be, we at least had the reasonable expectation that we'd be mediocre as usual and maybe a hair or two better than that as supposedly the O was somewhat improved and the D and ST were elite. Now even that has been exploded with the nauseating Jags loss.

We now have nearly a half season's worth of performances from which to make a prediction about the rest of the year and I think only the most deranged Bills fan can come to any other conclusion than this season is burnt toast.

Realistically need to go 7-2 the remainder of the season to have a shot.

I actually don't think that's true.

Two wild card spots will go to:

Pittsburgh (4-3)

NYJ (4-2)

BUF (3-4)

MIA (3-3)

OAK (3-3)

If we win the next two weeks, adding a loss to both NYJ and MIA, it's HUGE, with Pittsburgh having to play CIN and OAK during that stretch.

These next two weeks will snap the Wild Card race into focus.

Then, as you know, it's on to Foxboro for MNF for these Bills. :(

Edited by The Big Cat

I predicted 4 wins at the beginning of the season. I am shocked we won 3 so far. I haven't watched a full game all fall. Except for today, the weather has been nice every Sunday, and I refused to watch today's game due to globalism. NFL games are all WWF, so don't let yourself get too bent out of shape when the same five or six teams make the playoffs every year: Pats*, Cowboys, Steelers, Giants, Packers. It's all a joke anyway. Rex knows it and the veteran players know it. I do feel bad for fans with their blinders on and the Pegula's, though.

why post?

I actually don't think that's true.

Two wild card spots will go to:

Pittsburgh (4-3)

NYJ (4-2)

BUF (3-4)

MIA (3-3)

OAK (3-3)

If we win the next two weeks, adding a loss to both NYJ and MIA, it's HUGE, with Pittsburgh having to play CIN and OAK during that stretch.

These next two weeks will snap the Wild Card race into focus.

Then, as you know, it's on to Foxboro for MNF for these Bills. :(

Miami plays the Pats this week right? 3-4 for them.

For as much has gone wrong so far the Bills are one game under the JETS. 2 from the AFCE and 2 from the AFCN in my opinion.

Unless SD, KC, Houston or start a 8 to 10 game win streak. Who knows, out of the black hole the Raiders might fly high.

Miami plays the Pats this week right? 3-4 for them.

For as much has gone wrong so far the Bills are one game under the JETS. 2 from the AFCE and 2 from the AFCN in my opinion.

Unless SD, KC, Houston or start a 8 to 10 game win streak. Who knows, out of the black hole the Raiders might fly high.

Yeah, no chance in Houston, it looks like it's gone off the rails in SD and KC is missing its best (only) offensive weapon in Charles.

Sure, there's a possibility SD and KC start on a little run, and since the Bills have to go to KC, it would be fitting, but if for once this century the football gods want to shine on our team, SD and KC will sink lower and lower into the cellar.

Jets are for real. Split maybe, but will not beat them twice.

If the Bills are a playoff caliber team, they will have to win a few tough ones.

The Jets (like we were a month ago) are about TWO - yep...TWO major injuries away from being worse than us, and we would immediately be a better team than them. Give me any combination of 2 out of 4 injuries to Revis, Marshall, Ivory, or Richardson. Two of those 4 go down and everything tips in our favor. If we are at 100% health, or close to it...and they lose any two of those four (very possible) guys - then we win.

To be fair, the people who said the Bills wouldn't make the playoffs last season were right. And there's a difference between understanding the path a team is currently on and thinking that path can't change. Right now the Bills aren't going to the playoffs. The odds are statistically very low. That's reality. Now if the team comes back from the break with Taylor hot and the team playing great around him and they start to rip off some wins, then things change. But right now that's wishful thinking.

As for yesterday, I actually called a comeback that would fall just short. I made the call at halftime. The reason for thinking it would fall short was EJ. I'd have been more confident with Taylor.

The point isn't to be right.

The Jets (like we were a month ago) are about TWO - yep...TWO major injuries away from being worse than us, and we would immediately be a better team than them. Give me any combination of 2 out of 4 injuries to Revis, Marshall, Ivory, or Richardson. Two of those 4 go down and everything tips in our favor. If we are at 100% health, or close to it...and they lose any two of those four (very possible) guys - then we win.

So we are back to hoping for injuries and miracles?

how about, just win games you are supposed to win, and control your own destiny.

Yeah, no chance in Houston, it looks like it's gone off the rails in SD and KC is missing its best (only) offensive weapon in Charles.

Sure, there's a possibility SD and KC start on a little run, and since the Bills have to go to KC, it would be fitting, but if for once this century the football gods want to shine on our team, SD and KC will sink lower and lower into the cellar.

@ Jets Thursday Nov 12, @ NE MNF Nov 23 and @ KC Sun, Nov 29 th.

3 road games in a row. 2 in prime time - ugh

Edited by NOVABillsFan

Its not over until the fat lady sings, and the Bills are eliminated from playoff contention.

Still, if Rex doesn't shut his mouth, and put his back into what needs to be fixed on this team during the bye week. Then yea, put a fork in them.

Miami

NY Jets

New England

All coming up after the bye week, and going 1 for 3 will put the Bills at 4-6. I don't see them beating the Chiefs, Eagles, and Cowboys who will have Romo & Dez back by then. Yea, 7-9

Its not over until the fat lady sings, and the Bills are eliminated from playoff contention.

Still, if Rex doesn't shut his mouth, and put his back into what needs to be fixed on this team during the bye week. Then yea, put a fork in them.

Miami

NY Jets

New England

All coming up after the bye week, and going 1 for 3 will put the Bills at 4-6. I don't see them beating the Chiefs, Eagles, and Cowboys who will have Romo & Dez back by then. Yea, 7-9

If they lose to the Chiefs, Eagles AND Cowboys, I'll eat my shoe.

The point isn't to be right.

I prefer to live in the real world. Wishing real hard for your dreams to come true is for little kids at Disney. Trying to maintain a realistic view of things doesn't mean I'm not ever wrong, but it keeps me from getting worked up and overexcited about popular fantasies - like thinking the Bills were heading to the Super Bowl this off season and going out and blowing thousands of dollars on season tickets. Or buying a Harvin jersey.

But it also gives me perspective when things look bad. Many people are realizing that the Bills aren't what they thought they'd be, but that doesn't mean they're a bad team. They're not. They're probably above average overall, but they lack some things: A bona fide franchise QB would make a tremendous difference. So will scheme familiarity. Experience in the system and tailoring the system to players' strengths will help. There's no guarantee that the coaches will succeed at that, but it's not fair to blame them for not having it done now. I'm not one of the people on the "fire everybody" bandwagon either.

Why would somebody want to live a Pollyanna life or a bipolar over reactive way?

To answer the question posed, obviously it is not over till the Bills are eliminated officially. That said, I have not seen anything, on any side of the ball, that encourages me that this team is anything but mediocre. It is a major disappointment to me that they are as inept as they have been.

If I hadn't seen the same players on D perform in recent years, i would say they aren't competent but I know that isn't true. Their pass rush, whether scheme or personnel, is not there this year. They don't pressure offenses. They rarely get turnovers. They don't force fumbles. Offenses rarely have negative plays.The only thing going for them are their corners. They have real issues at safety with Aaron Williams out as Duke Williams just doesn't cover well. The linebackers have been meh.

The penalties on ST are just beyond annoying. The lack of discipline in general is ridiculous. Gay and Schmidt have been the most consistent members of perhaps the whole team.

The Offense has excuses with the injuries. I still don't like what I am seeing on the O Line at times but I'd like to see them with all their weapons. That said, the 2 minute drill at the end of the game yesterday was so abysmal it is hard to describe. Incompetent timeouts called, terrible play selection. Ugh! Looks like they have never practiced it but I am sure that isn't true.

Until I see with my own eyes that the D is better and the ST are capable of making a play without a penalty I have a very hard time thinking this team is going anywhere. I am sick to death of the head coach blathering on about what we will see. Game after game it never seems to change.

So are they done before Halloween? I think so unless they show marked improvement.

If they lose to the Chiefs, Eagles AND Cowboys, I'll eat my shoe.

At first glance, the Chiefs would seem to be what makes that fairly safe. Then I remember the Bills just lost to the Jags. Hopefully it isn't a leather shoe.

Edited by CodeMonkey