Rams Relocate to LA; Chargers Have 1st Option to Also Move

I live here. There is seemingly very little interest from the general populace in one team let alone two. The Dodgers deal has little to do with football. That deal, like the Clippers, is all about local TV deals of which there is no such thing in NFL.

I get that and have posted that here in the past. I just don't see an empty stadium for the NFL in LA--especially for Rams games. You can't know the interest of others until the team in that new stadium.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Hydra? :lol:

The next Avengers movie begins with Ant Man sneaking into Kroenke, Inc. to plant a virus and lower the facility's electromagnetic shields. Everything looks good, until Ant Man and his army of cool little critters enter the final stretch....

AND THE FLOOR IS STICKY! It's an ANT TRAP! They can't move!

Then there is a shadow. In walks Kroenke with his robotic hydra soldier. For good measure he slowly steps down on a whole group of poor ants and crushes them with a dark grin on his face.

Can the Avengers save Ant Man? Or will Kroenke crush the Avengers and complete his plan for global domination?

Edited by TheFunPolice

I get that and have posted that here in the past. I just don't see an empty stadium for the NFL in LA--especially for Rams games. You can't know the interest of others until the team in that new stadium.

It's impossible to predict. Sure. And IMO it's at least eight years away, three to build the thing, five for the novelty to wear off. Hell, half the people in LA don't even know what football is.

Darth Kroenke at it again...what an @sshole...St Louis betrayed by one of its native sons...

It would be like if someone from Buffalo bought the Bills and moved them on us...stabbed in the back.

There was a candidate for just that scenario if I recall.

They don't go to USC and UCLA games?

They don't sell out. But they get 70-75k which is pretty good and is what Kroenkes stadium will hold. But that is a little different because a lot are students or old time fans because the teams have been around 100 years. And this is a college football town.

Fixed. :rolleyes:

If you treat PSLs/tickets or merchandise as an "investment" to the team (which of course you can't - there's no precedent, but bear with me), then this man lied to people to get their money despite knowing full well there were talks to move the team. Essentially, had he released this information in definitives (confirming the team will stay in St. Louis) prior to collecting season ticket $. It's crooked business. It would do a lot of good if this type of thing was more severely frowned upon as it's deceitful and a form of financial fraud.

Of course this suit will go nowhere, but by no means is it frivolous. I contend that there's a lot of value in attempting to hold crooks accountable.

Edited by fridge

That is interesting but what are they suing for? An injunction against the move, refund of tickets and merchandise? Seems like if it is the latter it will mean little to the Rams.

Not sure what the basis for the suit is since a relocation clause was built into the Edward Jones lease in St. Louis.

If you treat PSLs/tickets or merchandise as an "investment" to the team (which of course you can't - there's no precedent, but bear with me), then this man lied to people to get their money despite knowing full well there were talks to move the team. Essentially, had he released this information in definitives (confirming the team will stay in St. Louis) prior to collecting season ticket $. It's crooked business. It would do a lot of good if this type of thing was more severely frowned upon as it's deceitful and a form of financial fraud.

Of course this suit will go nowhere, but by no means is it frivolous. I contend that there's a lot of value in attempting to hold crooks accountable.

The only thing that would be reasonable in that argument would be if he had just sold PSLs to people; not sure if that was the case or not. I also don't know what people agree to in those deals. Do they cover a certain time period?

Sadly, I think everyone knew full well there have been talks about moving the team back to LA pretty much since the day Kroenke took over full ownership.

They don't sell out. But they get 70-75k which is pretty good and is what Kroenkes stadium will hold. But that is a little different because a lot are students or old time fans because the teams have been around 100 years. And this is a college football town.

Living in LA for a little bit now, it appears this is how things work:

1.) Older generation grew up with Rams and are Rams fans. Rams left and they either stopped following football or found a new team; not many followed the Rams.

2.) No football in LA for 20 years - new generation likes other teams; the Rams are not in that conversation - they suck.

3.) The Raiders - the colors are cool so I like this team

What the market place is now:

1.) I'm not from LA (no one is from LA) and like a different team. I will always root for my team, but you have to pull for the Rams when they aren't playing my team.

2.) I only like my team and no others. If my team left I would never follow the NFL

3.) Meh - they are below .500, the ref's suck, no one knows what a catch is, too many commercials, it is warm out. The Kings, The Clippers, The Lakers, The Dodgers, USC, UCLA are good etc..

4.) Older fans are crawling out of the woodwork and are excited, but don't really care for how quickly a team can get pulled out from under you...