Rams Relocate to LA; Chargers Have 1st Option to Also Move

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant see it given the Pegulas' ownership of both sports teams and their heavy investment in downtown Buffalo as shown by Harbor Center, the Marriott, and 716 Sports Bar.

I certainly hope you're right, however, if there is no public money for the stadium, I don't think it gets built, and the NFL will be pressuring the Pegulas to move since The Ralph will be deemed inadequate for the plutocrats who run the league.

Actually probably not. If history repeats itself, once the team actually leaves, the city then will turn around and give some new team exactly what their old team that just left had wanted all along. See Baltimore, Cleveland, Houston, and even St Louis.

Raiders could go to St. Louis

I know, totally dumb. But Kronke is leaving no matter what.

The NFL's greed and indifference to fans other than the super rich is just disgusting. Wait and see what happens if Buffalo and the State of New York aren't willing to cough up big bucks for a new stadium. It will be the London Bills, the Mexico City Bills, the Las Vegas Bills or the San Antonio Bills once the onerous prohibitions against moving expire in the current lease.

The city of Minneapolis kicked in $150 million plus for the Vikings stadium. Buffalo 2nd poorest city in the USA I would think has zero bucks to kickin considering some of the infrastructure problems that are already present in other parts of the city. Erie County Executive is in favor of rehabing the Ralph. New York State governor has said no $$$ for a new stadium. So it comes down to the Pegulas spending roughly $1 billion or rehab the Ralph or as once again I heard this weekend from someone who does not know my position in the stadium location issue talked about the sale of ECC South land for stadium development. We all can speculate but in the end it's up to the Pegulas.

I'm just glad we don't have to deal with this LA madness as Bills' fans. Thank You Pegulas!

Right?

For a long time THIS moment was what we most feared. The vote taking place now. And then if it wasn't LA it was Toronto...

Amazing that the Pegula's came along and saved our little team! :beer:

You think people are pissed about Rex? TBD would explode if they were voting to move the Bills. I'd have my pitchfork lit for sure!!

Personally I think putting 2 AFC teams into a stadium will be a nightmare. Should have approved Rams move conditionally and told them they needed to pick one of the two teams to be partner like with NJ stadium of NJiants and NJets. Rams already said they were open to this option and then let Chargers and Raiders give their proposals to Rams.

Edited by Koolaid