EJ versus Tyrod

EJ is a nice guy but a terrible QB, I'd be supposed if he was still in the league in 3 years.

How could you even say EJ is terrible? Did you even watch the game. EJ was not great, but he wasn't terrible, in fact he played at the same level as Tyrod. EJ is not the reason the Bills lost, it is the 100million dollar defensive line that played like a 10 cent line.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The OP forgot to mention that EJ actually caused Sammy Watkins to injure his ankle yesterday with that horrible, horrible TD throw. How convenient that he left that little morsel out. EJ injures his own teammates.

Complete Lie. That BS Ralph Wilson slipperly field caused that injury.Ive been saying that for quite some time now. Nice try though. As a matter of fact EJ pass on the run was perfect to Sammy

EJ Manuel will never be a starting QB in this league. Not today, not in 2016, not in 2020. If you could resurrect Bill Walsh and have him coach EJ he still would not ever be a starting NFL QB. The game simply moves too fast for him. Rex Ryan knows it, Greg Roman knows it, and heck, even Doug freaking Marrone knew it. If fact, the only people that don't get it are a few vocal EJ Dreamers that wouldn't be able to assess QB play if Aaron Rodgers drilled them in the face.

That was a dreadful performance yesterday. Even the passes he completed were often off target and forced receivers to bail him out. He makes Trent Edward look like a gunslinger. If you watched that game and thought he did a good job, you need to put down the clipboard and retire from armchair QB scouting.

That game is also Exhibit A on how stats can be deceiving.

Complete Lie. That BS Ralph Wilson slipperly field caused that injury.Ive been saying that for quite some time now. Nice try though. As a matter of fact EJ pass on the run was perfect to Sammy

But surely you must know that what your saying makes no sense. The ball was thrown too low, like the ball Clay caught, and Sammy had to dive forward to gather it in.

EJ Manuel will never be a starting QB in this league. Not today, not in 2016, not in 2020. If you could resurrect Bill Walsh and have him coach EJ he still would not ever be a starting NFL QB. The game simply moves too fast for him. Rex Ryan knows it, Greg Roman knows it, and heck, even Doug freaking Marrone knew it. If fact, the only people that don't get it are a few vocal EJ Dreamers that wouldn't be able to assess QB play if Aaron Rodgers drilled them in the face.

That was a dreadful performance yesterday. Even the passes he completed were often off target and forced receivers to bail him out. He makes Trent Edward look like a gunslinger. If you watched that game and thought he did a good job, you need to put down the clipboard and retire from armchair QB scouting.

That game is also Exhibit A on how stats can be deceiving.

But does Doug Whaley (finally) know/own it?

How could you even say EJ is terrible? Did you even watch the game. EJ was not great, but he wasn't terrible, in fact he played at the same level as Tyrod. EJ is not the reason the Bills lost, it is the 100million dollar defensive line that played like a 10 cent line.

Its not the D-line. Its the scheme all way around. The biggest issue is that the players don't understand the defense at all and its not the players fault. Preston Brown is lost getting everybody set and the good QB are picking the Bills apart when they are playing soft coverage.

Here is what we missing on defense:

1) We need Mckelvin back ASAP to play the slot or cornerback whatever you prefer because Roby sucks this year

2) Let the Front four rush. There were a couple of plays yesterday were the Bills rushed 3 and the Bengals left 6 in. Yes 3 vs 6 and Dalton just brought time to complete the pass. Also not a good idea to have Mario Williams checking Sanu which happened yesterday

3) Let our DBs get after these WR's. All these soft zones are getting us killled

4) Rambo and Duke Williams need to be replaced.ASAP. It was Duke Williams fault on the bomb to Marvin Jones that changed the game. We miss Sercey bad

Edited by Protocal69

But surely you must know that what your saying makes no sense. The ball was thrown too low, like the ball Clay caught, and Sammy had to dive forward to gather it in.

Oh no, an NFL receiver had to adjust to a ball thrown in his direction. The horror. (OK, Sarcasm off).

Not every pass thrown by NFL QBs is 100% spot on. Actually watching the NE vs INDY game last night was a good example. The first pass thrown by the Almighty Andrew Luck to his Tight End was exactly the same pass EJ threw to Clay. His TE adjusted and made a nice catch like Clay did. Does Andrew Luck suck to? Or is the irrational hate saved only for EJ?

Nobody is saying he played great. He was adequate. I have seen MANY worse QB performances by our QBs over the years.

The funny thing is that the EJ backers always said that he hasn't had enough starts to fully evaluate his skills

yet they're calling a ceiling on TT after 5 starts.

I've said it numerous times. I don't see why we have to like one of our QBs and hate the other.

Both have strengths and weaknesses. Both have some impressive physical abilities and both have potential. I'm happy we have both of them and I don't care which one plays on any given Sunday. I'm 100% behind either or both.

The funny thing is that the EJ backers always said that he hasn't had enough starts to fully evaluate his skills

I doubt that is typical. I wanted to see EJ play after his good preseason and presumably better coaching.

I still don't think he is awful and I still despise the contempt thrown his way.

I like TT. I fear the way he has to play will entail the likelihood of injury ala Vick.

At this point, I would play Taylor when he is healthy, but I am already assessing the 2016 draft.

Right now, I like Kevin Hogan.

So it seems like EJ didn't impress enough for anyone to talk about him being the starter when Taylor returns from injury.

I would argue that 1. there was zero drop off in overall production from the QB position with EJ in.

2. EJ actually had the best total passing yards in a Bills game this season.

3. EJ gets sacked once every 21 attempts and Tyrod has been sacked once per every 9.8 attempts

4. Tyrod loses on average 7.14 yards per sack and EJ has averaged 3.5 yards lost per sack

5. EJ had at least 6 completions to WRs in this game. Tyrod has struggled to hit WRs. Last game our top two wideo outs had 1 catch

6. EJ also made plays with his feet albeit less exciting ones but he got a TD and a bug first down when needed.

7. While the Bills went 3 and out an embarrassing 50% of the time under EJ, they did the same thing against the Titans under Tyrod and Taylor did even worse against the Giants where the Bills were 57% 3 and out.

Both are throwing close to 70% completion, Tyrod a little over EJ a little under.

Neither is tearing it up the way they should with all these weapons.

Personally I think EJ has more potential because he actually can play from the pocket. If he has more practice time as the number one he could elevate his game. I feel like Taylor is already playing at the top of his game and the result is not much better than EJ in mid learning curve.

I say start EJ against Jacksonville. If he doesn't play better than this week then Taylor can come back after the bye but if EJ plays well I think you use the BYE to establish EJ as the QB because these scrambling QBs don't last more than a few games without injury. My prediction is that EJ would have to start week 5 when Tyrod got hurt and I was only a week off. Michael Vick has only had one season out of 13 where he was able to avoid injury. That is a telling stat.

All these weapons? People do realize we haven't had "all these weapons" for most the year right? Our offense is decimated by injuries, and even when on the field they have been playing hurt (TT, McCoy, Harvin, Sammy). So how can any QB take advantage of weapons who aren't in the game?

Which is kind of annoying, isn't it? I'm all for giving either of them time to figure it out or get shipped out but saying anything about either of them (future career-wise) at this point is still premature.

Which is kind of annoying, isn't it? I'm all for giving either of them time to figure it out or get shipped out but saying anything about either of them (future career-wise) at this point is still premature.

I like both QBs moving forward, but how anyone can question TT as the starter right is mind blowing. The kid has balled out and without most of his weapons all year while playing hurt. EJ needs time to play to evaluate his future as more than a backup, but no way TT should have his job in jeopardy. Now if EJ had lit it up for two weeks after having such a strong preseason, then there would be something to talk about. But to unseat TT at this point, EJ would have had to be exceptional to even open that can of worms, and he wasn't.

Doesn't your post point to possible a weakness with Tyrod then those past 2 games? Why weren't they throwing the ball more to the TE's?

If people choose to use the excuse that it was because Sammy wasn't on the field then I might suggest that they think hard for a better excuse.

If you have watched both and cannot determine that TT is head and shoulders a better QB than EJ, then it is pointless to debate with you. You just don't get it.