EJ Maneul stinks out loud.

ScrewyLouie

EJ showed why he is NOT the starter. Having said that he did lead the offense to score 21. The defense couldn't stop a nosebleed as NickleCity wrote. The D played better last year. Rex will wear out his welcome unless he can get the fixed fast!

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude that's a weird statement

chill brother. he was not as bad as you are thinkin' .

not weird at all. it might have been a game past the middle of the 3rd quarter had cassell played. i would have watched it on tivo in and hour rather than 30 mins.

Edited by birdog1960

no. this thread is definitive proof that this board is partially populated with astroturf, planted bills "fans". no objective fan can defend manuel or whaley's pick of him at 16 in 2013. FAIL.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you breath through your mouth and watch "Two Broke Girls."

No one is defending EJ that I've seen, except maybe TakeYouToTasker. Some of us are suggesting there is some nuance to the issue, but I realize that not everyone can handle any shred of complexity.

Come on...Rex is literally working with 2nd string players or worse at most the skill positions on offense. Rex hasn't had a healthy team all year, and missing critical players...yet had us 3-2 coming into this game. This pile on Rex when he's missing the best players on his offense is ridiculous. Yes the D has been a let down, but they are also missing 2 starting DB's and have been on the field a lot.

I say fire the DC and bring back Schwartz.

Rex is working with TOP defensive players and the defense SUCKS. It was better last year. There is a reason why he is a sub 500 coach. Look how much better the Jets are this year without him - pretty much the same team on defense.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you breath through your mouth and watch "Two Broke Girls."

No one is defending EJ that I've seen, except maybe TakeYouToTasker. Some of us are suggesting there is some nuance to the issue, but I realize that not everyone can handle any shred of complexity.

there's nothing nuanced about the 16th pick of the 2013 draft being a barely adequate backup. probably wouldn't make many teams that didn't have ulterior motives. so give me your highly detailed, profound, reasoned analysis of why we shouldn't consider manuel a bust at this point. i'm usually a gray type of guy but in this case it's black and white to me. he's not remotely the guy that anyone that follows the bills hoped for

there's nothing nuanced about the 16th pick of the 2013 draft being a barely adequate backup. probably wouldn't make many teams that didn't have ulterior motives. so give me your highly detailed, profound, reasoned analysis of why we shouldn't consider manuel a bust at this point. i'm usually a gray type of guy but in this case it's black and white to me. he's not remotely the guy that anyone that follows the bills hoped for

WHO IS DISAGREEING WITH YOU?

WHO IS DISAGREEING WITH YOU?

well, looking at just the first page of the thread, the op (who said pretty much the same thing as i just did) was savaged by 5 out of 6 of the next posters including you. not seeing a lot of support for his or my thesis but if you've changed your mind, i'm glad you've seen the light.

Edited by birdog1960

Not defending EJ at all. He did not demonstrate today that he is "The Guy". He played OK. It was one of the better quarterback performances this year for this team. Which says far more about the overall quality of the position than it says about EJ.

To be frank, neither he nor Tyrod are good enough to start in this league.

My commentary has largely been: that even if you assess EJ's play as poor, he was at least able to move the ball and score points in the first half, which Tyrod has been unable to do. He wasn't generating 3 and outs on 50 percent of our possessions. He led us to 21 points, which Tyrod has been unable to do in the last two games. Tyrod, playing as he has been, would not have won this game either.

"The Guy" isn't on this team.

no. this thread is definitive proof that this board is partially populated with astroturf, planted bills "fans". no objective fan can defend manuel or whaley's pick of him at 16 in 2013. FAIL.

nope. i am just a fan of the laundry and look for the good

Not defending EJ at all. He did not demonstrate today that he is "The Guy". He played OK. It was one of the better quarterback performances this year for this team. Which says far more about the overall quality of the position than it says about EJ.

My commentary has largely been: that even if you assess EJ's play as poor, he was at least able to move the ball and score points in the first half, which Tyrod has been unable to do. He wasn't generating 3 and outs on 50 percent of our possessions. He led us to 21 points, which Tyrod has been unable to do in the last two games. Tyrod, playing as he has been, would not have won this game either.

I don't disagree. But I do think Taylor's throwing mechanics are better and give me more hope that he can become "the guy." I know you don't feel that way.

EJ, on the other hand, cannot or will not set his feet and is always going to have accuracy issues as a result. He can't even accurately throw a 4-yard rollout pass for chrissakes. It's never gonna happen for him, but he's fine as a backup.

Not all QB picks work out. It happens. I don't blame them for taking the chance. EJ is better than Blaine Gabbert and Brandon Weeden. He's just never going to be a full-time starter.

You do realize that our offense has scored 21 or more points every game that we've had Sammy and Shady, right?

agreed. ergo whaley's biggest gamble (among many others) is a clear failure. and some people here still think he's the best thing since packaged american plastic cheese slices.

I might consider him a barely adequate back up :flirt:

bust? thats another story for another day.

he did alright today. nothing more though

I don't disagree. But I do think Taylor's throwing mechanics are better and give me more hope that he can become "the guy." I know you don't feel that way.

EJ, on the other hand, cannot or will not set his feet and is always going to have accuracy issues as a result. He can't even accurately throw a 4-yard rollout pass for chrissakes. It's never gonna happen for him, but he's fine as a backup.

Not all QB picks work out. It happens. I don't blame them for taking the chance. EJ is better than Blaine Gabbert and Brandon Weeden. He's just never going to be a full-time starter.

not al all sure how you conclude this. so far, they're all losers. that's all that matters. there's no honor among losers in a sport defined by winning.

agreed. ergo whaley's biggest gamble (among many others) is a clear failure. and some people here still think he's the best thing since packaged american plastic cheese slices.

i dont care much for processed cheese products myself, seriously, i wont even make a grilled cheeses without real cheddar

I think we have a lot of Bipolar people on this board. It often makes me wonder how someone like Marvin Lewis lasts for 15 years in Cinci. Hell he would have been chased out of here with pitchforks after he choke the second time in the playoffs.

Not sure what you've been watching. I don't think Tyrod has shown he is top 10 quarterback or anything like that yet, but he has looked REALLY good most of the time, looked OK sometimes, and has not looked really bad at any point in my estimation.

Even on EJs completions today, the passes were bad for the most part. Low, behind receivers... just off target. His throwing motion is awful. He aims the ball, flicks it like a dart, and double clutches almost every time. Every other person that I know who isn't a fan of the Buffalo Bills who has seen EJ play has seen the same thing. I understand a lot of Bills fans really, really want to justify all the hope they put in the first quarterback we've taken in the first round in forever, but c'mon people. He just does not have the skill set.

And I don't understand the desire to rip down our starting quarterback in the process to try and make up for the fact that you have been so wrong about EJ. It's OK. He's the backup. And we'll all cheer for him as such. And Tyrod is our unquestioned starter for this season. And we should all back him as such. But any more arguments about who should be starting between these two is absurd at this point.

Edited by DC Greg

I think we have a lot of Bipolar people on this board. It often makes me wonder how someone like Marvin Lewis lasts for 15 years in Cinci. Hell he would have been chased out of here with pitchforks after he choke the second time in the playoffs.

the real psychopathology involves following a team for years that has produced so very little entertainment and quality. somehow i still have hope especially with a new owner but it's still pathological to be a bills fan. but bipolar? nope.

I really thought he was going to take the next step but just an awful game. Open receivers and checking down when we needed a first. On third and three the intentional grounding was grose. Most of his passes were off the mark. The interception when Hogan had his MEN beat was garbage. The kid cannot play in the NFL. Disclaimer- I was at the game and saw many open recievers that this guy just doesnt see.

Yeah... Just not the guy. Might be a competent back up

I might consider him a barely adequate back up :flirt:

bust? thats another story for another day.

he did alright today. nothing more though

EJ does NOT stink out loud. Rex? Another story..... (Loud is his style, and his defense stinks.)

Not sure what you've been watching. I don't think Tyrod has shown he is top 10 quarterback or anything like that yet, but he has looked REALLY good most of the time, looked OK sometimes, and has not looked really bad at any point in my estimation.

Even on EJs completions today, the passes were bad for the most part. Low, behind receivers... just off target. His throwing motion is awful. He aims the ball, flicks it like a dart, and double clutches almost every time. Every other person that I know who isn't a fan of the Buffalo Bills who has seen EJ play has seen the same thing. I understand a lot of Bills fans really, really want to justify all the hope they put in the first quarterback we've taken in the first round in forever, but c'mon people. He just does not have the skill set.

And I don't understand the desire to rip down our starting quarterback in the process to try and make up for the fact that you have been so wrong about EJ. It's OK. He's the backup. And we'll all cheer for him as such. And Tyrod is our unquestioned starter for this season. And we should all back him as such. But any more arguments about who should be starting between these two is absurd at this point.

agree on every point. well said.

<stuff>

I have absolutely not been "wrong about EJ".

All I've said about EJ is that I didn't know if he had what it takes to be "The Guy".

Today he did not demonstrate that he could be "The Guy".

I've wanted him back in the lineup, as I've stated multiple times, because Tyrod has demonstrated through 5 starts in his fifth year as a professional, that he is absolutely not "The Guy", and needed to see what he may have matured into in year three, when jumps are typically made at his position.

"The Guy" can get first downs in the first half. "The Guy" can score first half TDs. "The Guy" can cross midfield in the first half. "The Guy" doesn't lead the league in drives ending in 3 and outs.

EJ doesn't look to be "The Guy", but neither has Tyrod.

Flip a coin at this point. I don't really care which one leads us to 7-9.

At this point I'm pining away for the Flutie/Johnson disputes. Both guys were light years better than what we have now.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

EJ sucked, but isn't that why he is the backup? For all those saying that the D and special teams cost us the game, if EJ hadn't sucked so much and didn't keep giving the ball back to cincy, wouldn't that make a difference? Dude is done!

Typical EJ, stink er up and then make the stats look ok. If he could move the O and keep the ball at least a little bit, we could have kept it out of the #2 ranks O in the NFL.

I have absolutely not been "wrong about EJ".

All I've said about EJ is that I didn't know if he had what it takes to be "The Guy".

Today he did not demonstrate that he could be "The Guy".

I've wanted him back in the lineup, as I've stated multiple times, because Tyrod has demonstrated through 5 starts in his fifth year as a professional, that he is absolutely not "The Guy", and needed to see what he may have matured into in year three, when jumps are typically made at his position.

"The Guy" can get first downs in the first half. "The Guy" can score first half TDs. "The Guy" can cross midfield in the first half. "The Guy" doesn't lead the league in drives ending in 3 and outs.

EJ doesn't look to be "The Guy", but neither has Tyrod.

Flip a coin at this point. I don't really care which one leads us to 7-9.

At this point I'm pining away for the Flutie/Johnson disputes. Both guys were light years better than what we have now.

Your schtick is old, especially for someone who claims to know about the game. Our offense was averaging 33 points a game when healthy, then it's 2 best players went down and the production suffered. Our QB isn't Brady or Manning, he can't make up for that heavy of losses, but to say he absolutely can not be "the guy" because of stats from games without our best playmakers is flat out ignorant.

the defense sucked. i doubt anyone will disagree. ej sucked and many apparently disagree. why?

He was a first round pick. It's impossible!

Your schtick is old, especially for someone who claims to know about the game. Our offense was averaging 33 points a game when healthy, then it's 2 best players went down and the production suffered. Our QB isn't Brady or Manning, he can't make up for that heavy of losses, but to say he absolutely can not be "the guy" because of stats from games without our best playmakers is flat out ignorant.

Great, maybe we can wait 4 more years to be sure.

I think we got better at QB, corner, OL and TE. The rest of the team is significantly worse than last year. I think had what was good about us last year shown up this year - we'd be one hell of a team. I can't help but blame Rex.

ummmm the rest of the team is the same. ????what are yu even saying??? that they play worse or are worse players?? cuz theyre the same players!

Great post, 100% spot on.

Reading this board makes me think some believe we have a QB controversy to solve. EJ is a back up and TT is the starter who should continue to get better with more playing time and confidence. Same for OL which is struggling, but not a surprise. The real mystery and our very real problem is the DL. No penetration at all. Last couple of years, someone was always in the backfield disrupting running plays and chasing QBs on passes. This season, zip! Same guys, different scheme. Running D is ok, but seem to lose their will to play as soon as things get tough. They seem to catch runners and pull them down rather than hitting through them like last year. Better switch back to the old scheme soon before it is too late. 3-3 isn't bad, but losing repeatedly at home is inexcusable.

Yet he has 2 TDs in the first half...RELAX he is a BACKUP. News flash: backups are not as good as the starters

relax? our starters are not capable even as back-ups. the droughts this team went through in Tennessee and at home with little or no net yards / no first downs over 10 series is appalling. These guys, this offense and this putrid defense are getting stale. Bortles will pick this team apart at Wembley.