NYT: Insider betting scandal in Fantasy Football

YoloinOhio

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps, but the TOP TOP player like maxdalury use custom algorithms based on usage rates, touches, past history, etc. He knows that on average he finishes in the top 20 percentile so he bets on every single game he can. 8 out of 10 times you'll lose to him in a head to head. I doubt he does any research on new sites, he just plugs numbers into his algorithms.

I think the odds are closer to 4 out of 5...

Please explain why. I can't think of a good reason (sincerely)

I'm sure this is answered already, but I just got to this post. If every player in the league picks the same player, their points cancel out for everyone.

It's like the ncaa tournament this year. Anyone who picked Kentucky was a sucker...most likely right, even though they lost, but still a sucker. That's because since everyone picked Kentucky, had they won everyone would have gotten the points and it made scoring correctly in the early rounds super important...no room for error. The nfl single week fantasy leagues have no early round, you only pick maybe 10 players so everyone picking the same lineup as anyone else can only tie.

This is a huge deal if true, basically means it's rigged, especially since if they are showing that are willing to cheat, they are likely willing to trade that information or possibly rope refs in to help influence scoring...Ingram getting that td vultured last night for example.

I was listening to an interview on the radio this morning about this, it is pretty interesting. Apparently Draft Kings employees with access to current data have been playing Fan Duel and Fan Duel employees playing Draft Kings. This is illegal on wall street as insider trading, but apparently there is nothing (currently) illegal about this. According to this interview, one person on Draft Kings has made over $320K on Fan Duel so far this season this way and there are several others doing the same thing. Nice gig if you can get it.

Feels like a Hegelian Dialectic. States wanted a cut and needed an excuse to enforce regulation.

I mean, some employee accidentally posts something on a message board and one day later the NYT is all over it? Then ESPN drops sponsorship? Too fast over something too small. Little shady stuff like this goes on everywhere and the NYT doesn't give a hoot.

There's so much money associated with the activity that is the NFL that there's no way there isn't corruption at many levels.

Our game against the Giants had many moments that elicit feelings of conspiracy and said so in other threads.

#1 on the hit parade is our kneeling out the first half. Rex's public reasoning was to keep time away from the Giants. Complete BS. The playcalling and time management looked like a kneel - out to any NFL fan. Why ? We were in it and had plenty of new pays and schemes we could try - especially ince we hadn't run many plays in the first QTR anyway.

The answer to that is related to the subject of this post plus the Billions of $ bet on the games themselves aside from fantasy.

I still submit that it looked for a very long time in the Giants (an inferior roster by all experts' analysis) game that the Bills were not trying to win.

I'll STFU when i can get a cogent, football explanation of the last 2 minutes of the half playcalling in the Giant game.