The elephant in the room.....

Hey Rex I love that you are trying to build a team and love the city but Schwartz's defense last year was way better more pressure more turnovers and most of all a lot more disapline which is weird as I thought we took a lot of stupid penalties last year. That said can I suggest you take your defensive mastermind self back into the film room and look at what worked last year.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Rex I love that you are trying to build a team and love the city but Schwartz's defense last year was way better more pressure more turnovers and most of all a lot more disapline which is weird as I thought we took a lot of stupid penalties last year. That said can I suggest you take your defensive mastermind self back into the film room and look at what worked last year.

And put a muzzle on Hughes while you're at it.

And Preston

And it was sad watching play after play our D talking to each other and adjusting w million times as Eli was changing the play and not being set. Great defense's line up get set and impose there will we did that last week. What changed we should of just lined up and whoop them

This team mirrors their head coach. He can't control his emotions and they can't either. There were STILL quotes this week about how he can't let the NE game go. That's a man not in control of himself, so much so that he can't even just tell the media he's concentrating on the Giants even if it is still bothering him.

To top it off he makes cracks about how stats are meaningless this week yet at the same time claims the team was going to have the #1 D in the league. What was that #1 ranking going to be based on if not stats, his opinion?

#1 in boneheaded penalties is about the only thing they'll lead the league in. So disgusted with this team. It's the SOS.

I agree and have been saying it all year. Our d was better last year. I don't really blame the guys for loosing their cool the refs have had it out for them all year. Even when we don't do anything we get flagged. If it's a mutual jawing we get flagged. If they hit us late we get flagged. There is nothing we can do other than play flat and give up which to me isn't really an option either

If it weren't for our surprising offensive output the first three games we would be 0-4.

This defense is giving up passing yards in large chunks per game.

HIs criticism of Schwartz D at his press conference is a bit laughable now.

They just have trouble stopping veteran savvy QB's in this league. Giants moved the ball at will same as Patriots.

It just seems whenever we get a big win all they talk about is how great they are and then they lay an egg the next week, almost as of they spend more time reading press clippings about how great they are instead of just focusing one game at time.

That is where Belicheat is so great. He keeps the team focused on each opponent, and doesn't let them get caught up on how good they are.

If the season continues like this, it's going to be tough sledding. And a playoff birth may not be in the cards at 8-8 or 9-7

Horrible in the first half. They got it together in the second. They scored enough to win. But they had to play stupid and beat themselves.

Didn't finish drives in the 2nd half, despite moving the ball. That's still not good O. There was no room for error after they start they had and they couldn't put it together.

Bull. This game was eerily like the San Diego game.