Cierre Wood signed to active roster

YoloinOhio

I too thought Wood looked pretty good in the action that he saw in preseason.

best of the bunch for sure

Good thing.

i really have no faith in Boobie this year, and dunno why he isn't doing better.

no preseason reps?

You know...its those fans that feel they need to B word about everything

Ask Bill from NYC about the Dire Wolf character from Workingmans Dead perhaps?

We could hear an announcer say, "Wood runs behind the pulling Wood with blocking downfield by Woods."

and how awesome would that be. If i was an announcer i would have that in my notes and use it as soon as Cierre got the ball, just because. Even if Robert is not on the field. just too cool

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There it is

@buffalobills: RB Cierre Wood has been promoted to the active roster + DT Andre Fluellen has been released.

http://t.co/5eNovRcX5bhttp://t.co/qhz4UYBX69

He is a vested veteran and with their salary cap issues I am really surprised they did not release one of the other players with potential but would allow them to sign them again later without the cost.

Seems odd our best RB and highest paid is out and more or less has been all year which is 25% of the season and our best receiver Sammy is out for the better part of that. Really makes you wonder if all the money is worth it. Sammy not so much the money yet but he will want it. He has been hurt too much. I don't know Shady's history on being hurt but we are paying him a lot and have received little in return. Just doesn't sit well with me.

There are so many things wrong with post. You've been properly abused already for most of this post. But my biggest complaint about this asinine post is that you're complaining about players who got HURT!!!!!

I thought Bronson Hill looked better in preseason but what do I know? As for Fluellen, his nickname should be "Yo-yo."

I agree. Looked like he made better decisions running the ball. One cut and then move Fwd quickly. Good hands. I thought he has a definite notch above Cier re.

Maybe he did not know the playbook and blitz pickups as well as Cierre. Must be...

Seems odd our best RB and highest paid is out and more or less has been all year which is 25% of the season and our best receiver Sammy is out for the better part of that. Really makes you wonder if all the money is worth it. Sammy not so much the money yet but he will want it. He has been hurt too much. I don't know Shady's history on being hurt but we are paying him a lot and have received little in return. Just doesn't sit well with me.

When your QB is putting up 116 passer rating, the "playmakers" are secondary. At this point in their careers, Harvin seems to be a better WR than Watkins, so we still have a legit #1 WR. And as a change of pace back Karlos Williams has been outstanding. If Tyrod, williams and harvin keep up their level of play, then Watkins and Shady are expendable.

If DCs start making adjustments after having 4 games of Tryrod et al, on film, that slow him down, then we will need them back.

When your QB is putting up 116 passer rating, the "playmakers" are secondary. At this point in their careers, Harvin seems to be a better WR than Watkins, so we still have a legit #1 WR. And as a change of pace back Karlos Williams has been outstanding. If Tyrod, williams and harvin keep up their level of play, then Watkins and Shady are expendable.

If DCs start making adjustments after having 4 games of Tryrod et al, on film, that slow him down, then we will need them back.

The "adjustments" will be to the pass coverages due to Watkins not being on the field. Not from having an extra game of film on Taylor. That could definitely result in the Bills passing attack being less effective. McCoy has been good in the short passing game, but his inability to make his patented cuts in the backfield have been obvious. He hasn't done much to help the ground game as a result. A healthier player will do better in that regard. Conversely no healthy WR the Bills can put on the field will draw coverage the way Watkins does. This will have a much greater impact than no shady.

He is a vested veteran and with their salary cap issues I am really surprised they did not release one of the other players with potential but would allow them to sign them again later without the cost.

The Bills did a bunch of cutting and resigning Fluellen around final cutdown/opening week. Dunno what that was all about if not some sort of salary cap/contract maneuver where he wasn't actually on the roster when the season started.

The "adjustments" will be to the pass coverages due to Watkins not being on the field. Not from having an extra game of film on Taylor. That could definitely result in the Bills passing attack being less effective. McCoy has been good in the short passing game, but his inability to make his patented cuts in the backfield have been obvious. He hasn't done much to help the ground game as a result. A healthier player will do better in that regard. Conversely no healthy WR the Bills can put on the field will draw coverage the way Watkins does. This will have a much greater impact than no shady.

ayup