Another Mass Shooting!, This Time in Oregon

Part of me thinks if they have served their debt to society they deserve to have their rights given back.

I think that's reasonable, provided that their crime wasn't violent or involved a weapon of any sort.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And a Christian, business owner, journalism major who isn't any of them.

Who isn't any of what?

How early do you start drinking each morning?

Please...start with simple sentences. Try to stick to two-syllable words that you understand. Like 'used' and 'condoms' and 'throw' and 'women.'

Who isn't any of what?

Please...start with simple sentences. Try to stick to two-syllable words that you understand. Like 'used' and 'condoms' and 'throw' and 'women.'

Actually, he could make a very believable defense by claiming he doesn't know what any of those words mean.

I don't see why the Constitution couldn't be changed, so I'm not sure why people latch on to it so dearly. It has changed to meet the needs of a changing society, and I'm sure it will again in the future.

So what Amendment to the Constitution would you make to address this issue?

So what Amendment to the Constitution would you make to address this issue?

It's significantly more complicated than an amendment... was just commenting on the "well its in the constitution, so nothing can be done" idea.

Culture needs changing, social programs need changing, gun availability needs to be addressed, gun safety needs to be addressed, etc etc It's a problem that the US will likely never tackle because of the divide among our representations, and who is lobbying them.

Chris Mintz name is trending. The killer's name isn't. If you want to stop these kinds of crimes. This is a good start.

Most noteworthy about Obama’s speech is not the predictable exploitation of gun control but his divisiveness when he should be healing.

Kurt Schlichter@KurtSchlichter 1h1 hour ago Los Angeles, CA

If someone points a gun at you and asks if you are Christian, shoot him. Then he can discuss his militant atheism with Jesus personally.

madmen_fullbody_bigger.jpgHprynne@HPrynne 1h1 hour ago

@AugustJPollak @owillis Can you imagine if some yokel pulls a gun out and starts playing hero? Total chaos. May it never happen.

oII116z-_bigger.png TheShoeFits @theshoebart 1h1 hour ago

TheShoeFits Retweeted Hprynne

Yes, the last thing you need in the middle of a targeted mass shooting is the chaos of someone stopping it.

Chris Mintz name is trending. The killer's name isn't. If you want to stop these kinds of crimes. This is a good start.

Most noteworthy about Obamas speech is not the predictable exploitation of gun control but his divisiveness when he should be healing.

@hprynne

Oh my. If that mentality is representative of any sizeable percentage of this country we are doomed.

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

Who isn't any of what?

I'm a non-drinker LA. Quit that crap

Actually, they do. Hence the overturning of DC's gun ban.

One decision. In NY the infringment is a permit.

I've been enjoying* this story. I'm glad it's happening this way.

* - enjoying might be the wrong word.

Edited by Dorkington

It's significantly more complicated than an amendment... was just commenting on the "well its in the constitution, so nothing can be done" idea.

Culture needs changing, social programs need changing, gun availability needs to be addressed, gun safety needs to be addressed, etc etc It's a problem that the US will likely never tackle because of the divide among our representations, and who is lobbying them.

The Constitution was designed for amendment, so of course it could be changed. It is, however, a difficult process, so it doesn't happen very often. Gun availability can only be impacted by such an amendment, so good luck with that.

all of Obama’s commitments come with an expiration date.

Here’s Obama in 2008:

“I just want to be absolutely clear. Alright, So I don’t want any misunderstanding when you all go home and you are talking to your buddies and you say, ah ‘He wants to take your guns away.’

You’ve heard it here, I’m on television so everybody knows it.

I believe in the Second Amendment.

I believe in people’s lawful right to bear arms.

I will not take your shotgun away.

I will not take your rifle away.

I won’t take your handgun away.”

Video at link: http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/10/obama-and-guns-then-and-now.php

That's not a idea. It's the law. No matter what two bit politician says it isn't. It's the law so it can't be changed on a whim like "Cultural needs" . The Constitution is the culture. There to protect us from mob rule that fakes like Obama like to stir up.

Edited by Dante

Think Chis gets a invite to the White House? That little kid with the suitcase bomb did.

And a Christian, business owner, journalism major who isn't any of them.

Oh ya, you say you read books, too, which is obviously not true

it's the paranoid ramblings of a hysterical kook like this + access to guns that makes America so unstable:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/181519-another-mass-shooting-this-time-in-oregon/?p=3707548

Edited by JTSP