Best pizza in wny?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that bozanna is closed where can I find good pizza in the 716?

My personal favorite is Dino's Bocce Club, but you must go to the Bailey location; Hopkins Rd is not as good (same recipe; poor management).

Outstanding sauce, perfect crust, and they make a 12-slice large.

The sauce is so good there we get double sauce pizza. Excellant.

Good call...we did the same growing up.

La Hacienda in Niagara Falls, NY. (No relation to Bob and John's La Hacienda.) The owner is looking to sell the place. A real shame if it closes.

I like both the La Hacienda in NF, as well as Bob & John's (Hertel location)...funny that they're totally different, but both very good.

My personal favorite is Dino's Bocce Club, but you must go to the Bailey location; Hopkins Rd is not as good (same recipe; poor management).

Yep. However, I wouldn't completely avoid Hopkins. It can be hit or miss though. I'd say 1 of 5 pies you are like "what the F did they do to this one." Maybe more like 1 in 10. I have said that once or twice about the Bailey location too though. That's just what happens when you use a pizza oven that is not one of those that just is on a conveyor and you have to actually check it and cook it properly using young kids.

Good call...we did the same growing up.

I like both the La Hacienda in NF, as well as Bob & John's (Hertel location)...funny that they're totally different, but both very good.

There is also a La Haceinda on Brighton. Related? Decent italian that is very modestly priced but never tried their pizza.

I used to live on Hopkins rd, but haven't been back since '83 - where is Bocce's located on Hopkins?

You can't. :P

Agreed..think most WNY pizza is just awful. LaNova might be the worst dreck of a pizza i have ever had. I will take a Price Club takeout and cook at home everyday over that steaming pile of doo!

As Dean mentioned La Hacienda in the Falls was my favorite growing up. That being said, picked up 3 pies from there about 3 years ago and thought it was bad. Maybe was the fact we did not eat in...

Edited by plenzmd1

Agreed..as Dean mentioned La Hacienda in the Falls was my favorite growing up. That being said, picked up 3 pies from there about 3 years ago and thought it was bad. Maybe was the fact we did not eat in...

It's a personal thing. Kind of like music. I think the sauce on WNY pies is too heavy and too sweet. The dough too thick and often under cooked. Since I moved to the Bay Area I have come to really like Neapolitan style with thin crispy crust.

My favorite part of Buffalo pizza is the tiny pepperoni that curls into a cup shape. I've never found a place in Syracuse that has that.

Yes! Great place to hold the grease. :nana:

Amherst Ale House has very good specialty pizza's as well as the traditional cheese and pep. Plus half price large pizza and pitchers of beer during all Sabres games until they win the cup...

Just Pizza (Transit, Williamsville) and Besta (Millersport, Getzville) are very good as well. I always order mine well done, for the nice crispy crust...

Edited by ricojes