Shady Listed as Proable for Sunday vs. Cincinnati

26CornerBlitz

I'm not, yet.

http://www.athleticbusiness.com/athlete-safety/concussion-protocol-keeps-nfl-players-sidelined.html

"Ellenbogen said more than half the players who have suffered concussions this season have not been cleared to return by the following week, and he estimated the typical time for a return is nine to 10 days. When reported concussions in the NFL dropped 36% last season, the average time to return was eight days, according to the league's figures. In 2012 and 2013, the average return was six days."

I still think NFL should expand the rosters by 2-3 players because of the new emphasis on concussion protocols.

thanks for the link. I'll take that as good news.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/123542/inside-slant-running-back-cliff-after-age-27

As per workload you also factor in the passing game in which he was involved in just as heavily.

The graph is nice and all, but doesn't say anything about whether Shady himself is in his prime or not. But he just came off a season in which he was 3rd in the league in rushing yards. This year he suffered a hamstring injury, which can happen to even young players. Again we'll see whether he lives up to his contract but making definitive statements after 4 games is premature.

The graph is nice and all, but doesn't say anything about whether Shady himself is in his prime or not. But he just came off a season in which he was 3rd in the league in rushing yards. This year he suffered a hamstring injury, which can happen to even young players. Again we'll see whether he lives up to his contract but making definitive statements after 4 games is premature.

I disagree with you 100%.

This wasn't trying to troll this thread or hindisght either. I have been on record and in STRONG disagreement of the McCoy acqusition from the beginning (same reasons I stated above)

I know you're not a troll.

Joke of a trade and contract extension all around:

- high injury risk position

- can be done "by committee"

- based on his carries it was reasonable to expect he was going to start slowing down. And he sure did, all the way to 0

Enough about Kiko.

- based on his carries it was reasonable to expect he was going to start slowing down. And he sure did, all the way to 0

I would never EVER give any running back a 13.5 million signing bonus and 26.5 million guaranteed in today's NFL. Would not even do that for Adrian peterson when he was rushing for 2000 yards. RB's break down and their productions falls off WAY too quickly nowadays.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I thought the trade was fine. But I have no idea why we gave him a huge contract with so much guaranteed money. Why throw big money at an aging RB you already have under contract?

I suspect it was to save face which makes that decision even worse. McCoy didn't want to come here. That was their sign of good faith to him. My opinion.

The trade was great for the Bills

No.

It was interesting.

Some fans confuse the two.

Trading for a young, low mileage back who is coming off a productive season......that's a positive move.

Trading for a high mileage, bad personality RB coming off a season where his per play production dropped significantly.....and then re-doing his contract to the tune of $26.5M guaranteed?......bad!

Bad.

Interesting but dumb.

Dumb enough that it looks like it could even be $20M in dead money right now.

I was a big critic but even I didn't expect it to be this bad.

Thought for sure they would get 250 touches out of the guy so he could defend his lowest yards per touch crown. :bag:

No.

It was interesting.

Trading for a young, low mileage back who is coming off a productive season......that's a positive move.

Trading for a high mileage, bad personality RB coming off a season where his per play production dropped significantly.....and then re-doing his contract to the tune of $26.5M guaranteed?......bad!

Bad.

Interesting but dumb.

Thought for sure they would get 250 touches out of the guy so he could defend his lowest yards per touch crown. :bag:

Yup. Dumb moves like this is going to hurt with keeping our own like Glen and Gilmore let alone there is going to be no room for any quality free agents in the coming years.

Yea that committee looked awesome vs the Giants

I disagree with you 100%.

We heard your victory lap on Shadys injury weeks ago. Yawn.

No.

It was interesting.

Bad.

Interesting but dumb.

Yep, Shady's done. :rolleyes: