Richie Incog ranked #1 Guard

BuffaninATL

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Incognito is not a sentimental fool. He in my mind unfairly lost a season of work. This year he is playing on a substandard contract relative to his talent because of the controversy that happened in Miami. RI would be a fool if he doesn't try to maximize his earning power in what's left of a short career life span.

Glenn is coming up in a contract year. He is having a below par season. It's very early in the season but it is evident that RI is our best performing lineman. The way TT is playing he will certainly garner a contract that will make it challenging for the GM to work out the cap ramifications. If RI agrees to terms on his next contract with the Bills there is a good chance that Glenn will be gone.

I don't disagree with any of that.

The best possible thing that could happen would be for Taylor to earn himself a raise this season, and Buffalo to needing to identify a new LT as a result of having to pay Taylor is a small price to pay IMO. They may, of course, feel comfortable moving Henderson over and Kouandjio to RT, but I would want another high draft pick in the fold to compete for the job.

Incognito is not a sentimental fool. He in my mind unfairly lost a season of work. This year he is playing on a substandard contract relative to his talent because of the controversy that happened in Miami. RI would be a fool if he doesn't try to maximize his earning power in what's left of a short career life span.

Glenn is coming up in a contract year. He is having a below par season. It's very early in the season but it is evident that RI is our best performing lineman. The way TT is playing he will certainly garner a contract that will make it challenging for the GM to work out the cap ramifications. If RI agrees to terms on his next contract with the Bills there is a good chance that Glenn will be gone.

Nobody is saying that Cog should take a bad contract.........but the fact is nobody was touching him and the bills did give him that opportunity....taking a FAIR contract should be totally reasonable

I agree. They will need to re sign TT - I think he has a 2 year contract. Glenn is a likely victim of the numbers. Mario will either be cut; be traded; or have his contract redone. Players over 30 are always in danger of being let go either by cuts or by trade.

RI looks great and Miller is playing above expectations and should develop into a long time starter with some luck and good coaching. I am not a fan of Wood as he just seems too soft against big men (like Levitre was/is). Henderson and Glenn should only get better with time. They need to play as a unit, build cohesion and the sky's the limit!

Glenn has peaked and is getting worse. He is as good as gone. They will draft OT in first or second round next year.

It may be time to wrap him up with a contract right now if at all possible. I'm not sure we have enough cap space to sign him but he's got to be a major priority. He has proven himself in Buffalo, the team and fans have embraced him, the team is on the upswing...All things ($$) being equal I can't believe he wouldn't want to stay here.

I don't disagree with any of that.

The best possible thing that could happen would be for Taylor to earn himself a raise this season, and Buffalo to needing to identify a new LT as a result of having to pay Taylor is a small price to pay IMO. They may, of course, feel comfortable moving Henderson over and Kouandjio to RT, but I would want another high draft pick in the fold to compete for the job.

I agree with you that in next year's draft there should be much attention paid to the OL position. With respect to Henderson he is struggling. He's big and atheltic but he seems to get stumped too often by the defenders he is matched against. I have major concerns over Kujo's prospects. He seems to have slow feet and is not very athletic. NYC Bill is a Crimson Tide afficionado. When Kujo was drafted he expressed his displeasure and cited his limitations that have become evident in the pro game.

I also agree with your take on TT. If he demonstrates that he can be a quality franchise qb then he has earned whatever he can get. The front office will then have to wisely maneuver to handle the financial cap stresses that having a good starting qb entails. That is a good problem! I'm sure the Seahawks are not unhappy that they have secured Russell Wilson for a hefty price that is worth it from a value standpoint.

Nobody is saying that Cog should take a bad contract.........but the fact is nobody was touching him and the bills did give him that opportunity....taking a FAIR contract should be totally reasonable

A fair contract for RI is getting a maximum deal for himself. He lost a year in which he was forced to sit out (unfairly blackballed) and he is currently playing on a below market contract relative to his talent. So far he has demonstrated that he is our best lineman. He also has to factor in that considering his age this is going to be his last big money contract.

This is a cold-blooded business where your body is placed in jeopardy.Teams have no compunction in cutting players for playing and financial reasons. Ask Fred Jackson about loyalty and money! My adice to the tatooed Italian guard is when you have the teat in your mouth suck as hard as you can until it is dry. Sentiment is not part of the equation when the organization is making a judgment on a player and it shouldn't be part of the equation when the player is making a judgment on a contract offer available in the marketplace. The organization acts in its own interest and so should you.

I agree. They will need to re sign TT - I think he has a 2 year contract. Glenn is a likely victim of the numbers. Mario will either be cut; be traded; or have his contract redone. Players over 30 are always in danger of being let go either by cuts or by trade.

You bring up a good point regarding Mario. The Mario contract issue is going to be an intriquing issue to follow. He is still playing at a very high level but his contract is unsustainable given the other contract issues that are impending. I have a lot of confidence in Whaley and his judgment. Buddy Nix was a checkers player while Whaley is more of a chess player. He is much more strategic than the former GM.

Incognito is playing better than his first time with the team. He's also playing a lot cleaner as well. The Bills seem to be doing well with players who have "Off the field" issues.

Both RI and Harvin seemed to being thriving in their new environment. Both are coming from similar situations where each is trying to establish credibility not only for the way they play but also as trustworthy and responsible teammates. In addition, from a financial standpoint they want to demonstrate that while they are playing under a current cheap contract they want to increase their value when they enter the open market. .

He was pretty good the last stint with us. I was actually surprised they let him walk. It was shortly after Jason Peters if I recall.

I honestly do not think he was. I was happy to see him go. He was an average guard who was a penalty machine. I like version 2.0 much better.

I'd give him a 2-3 year extension.

he should retire a Bill. whatever it takes.

You have found your home Richie

Same.

Despite how much of a gamble he is, I value him over re-signing Cordy Glenn right now. OG doesn't fetch as huge of a price as OT, but the line is remarkably improved with Richie in the mix. He's worth a lot to us, and the price tag isn't huge.

the bolded, but just the bolded

#1 - I am a big fan of Incognito's play. He has been outstanding. However... he has not been perfect...

This statement below seems to imply that he has been perfect

"Incognito helped keep Tyrod Taylor sack-free, and through three weeks he’s allowed only one quarterback hit and no sacks in 196 snaps—good for the top guard in the league as rated by Pro Football Focus"

Go back and watch the first 2 games and it is obvious that he failed to pick up a couple of stunts correctly .. and these failures led directly to pressure on Taylor.

Again... based on my Game Pass review of the O Line play he's definitely our been our best lineman.. just wanted to point out that he hasn't been perfect in pass protection and he still has a few things he needs to work on.

Its a fair cop !

A fair contract for RI is getting a maximum deal for himself. He lost a year in which he was forced to sit out (unfairly blackballed) and he is currently playing on a below market contract relative to his talent. So far he has demonstrated that he is our best lineman. He also has to factor in that considering his age this is going to be his last big money contract.

This is a cold-blooded business where your body is placed in jeopardy.Teams have no compunction in cutting players for playing and financial reasons. Ask Fred Jackson about loyalty and money! My adice to the tatooed Italian guard is when you have the teat in your mouth suck as hard as you can until it is dry. Sentiment is not part of the equation when the organization is making a judgment on a player and it shouldn't be part of the equation when the player is making a judgment on a contract offer available in the marketplace. The organization acts in its own interest and so should you.

You bring up a good point regarding Mario. The Mario contract issue is going to be an intriquing issue to follow. He is still playing at a very high level but his contract is unsustainable given the other contract issues that are impending. I have a lot of confidence in Whaley and his judgment. Buddy Nix was a checkers player while Whaley is more of a chess player. He is much more strategic than the former GM.

Both RI and Harvin seemed to being thriving in their new environment. Both are coming from similar situations where each is trying to establish credibility not only for the way they play but also as trustworthy and responsible teammates. In addition, from a financial standpoint they want to demonstrate that while they are playing under a current cheap contract they want to increase their value when they enter the open market. .

all 3 responses are quite reasonable. I tend to agree with you JohnC