Official Mets lovefest thread

Rob's House

I like Harvey in Game 1. Let's go Dark Knight!!!

Still think I would have rolled deGrom out there first but Harvey has had a ton of rest and should be ready to roll. Can't wait for Tuesday night! Guess I'll have to bide my time with some London football this morning (lol).

Edited by eball

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11-year-old Kid orders signature Daniel Murphy bat from Topps (several weeks ago) for his birthday on November 3rd

After ordering, Daniel Murphy hits home runs in the playoffs

Topps now won't send the bat to kid because the bat is now "too valuable"

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/exclusive-sale-daniel-murphy-bat-nixed-historic-hr-article-1.2410947

Still think I would have rolled deGrom out there first but Harvey has had a ton of rest and should be ready to roll. Can't wait for Tuesday night! Guess I'll have to bide my time with some London football this morning (lol).

I think they wanted to give Degrom an extra day of rest. He has thrown 220 innings this year, I think he only threw in the 120's last year. Big difference, plus collins mentioned last week Degrom could use a little extra rest.

I think they wanted to give Degrom an extra day of rest. He has thrown 220 innings this year, I think he only threw in the 120's last year. Big difference, plus collins mentioned last week Degrom could use a little extra rest.

Yes, that's definitely the reason Collins gave. I don't know whether he's right or not, but he said he believes part of deGrom's "struggles" the last two starts was fatigue.

Ugh. Oh well, Harvey was definitely good -- just no hitting from the Mets in clutch situations. Great performances by both bullpens.

Never needed a bigger game from the deGrominator than tonight.

Yeah tough one to swallow last night. Would of been huge if we could got that game. We need Degrom to come up big tonight. I couldn't believe how Chris Young pitched last night. The Mets could barely touch him. Wasn't expecting that, I will tell you, D Wright is really showing his age. I don't know if he has the arm anymore to play third base. I mean he can't even throw overhanded. isn't that kind of important for 3rd baseman? Is their a chance you put Uribe at third? He was put on the roster.

Yeah tough one to swallow last night. Would of been huge if we could got that game. We need Degrom to come up big tonight. I couldn't believe how Chris Young pitched last night. The Mets could barely touch him. Wasn't expecting that, I will tell you, D Wright is really showing his age. I don't know if he has the arm anymore to play third base. I mean he can't even throw overhanded. isn't that kind of important for 3rd baseman? Is their a chance you put Uribe at third? He was put on the roster.

Was thinking the same thing. He has not been good at the plate, and now he seems to be a liability in the field; his error directly led to the GW run. Tough situation for Collins.

Bad defense did us in. No biggie.

Collins yanking Harvey after 80 pitches was a very smart move.

Meanwhile, the Royals threw their Game 4 starter out there for 3 innings.

KC won the battle. It was great postseason baseball with a little bit of everything. No doubt that these are the two best teams in baseball.

My heart goes out to Edinson Volquez and his family. For that kid to go out there and grind it out after learning of his 63-year-old father's death is remarkable.

I like the Mets' chances tonight and I'm predicting a comfortable win. Then, to Citi Field we go.

LET'S GO METS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: I don't think Wright is a liability and he's been hitting very well this postseason. Errors happen and it had nothing to do with the throw.

The liability is Cuddyer. That guy was completely lost at the plate and his 3 ABs for 3 Ks showed it. That is the one move by Collins that I disagreed with. You can't take Conforto out for defensive purposes in the 6th inning. It's way too early when the person you're replacing him with will get at least one, likely two, at bats. I'm pretty certain that won't happen again.

Edited by Gugny

My heart goes out to Edinson Volquez and his family. For that kid to go out there and grind it out after learning of his 63-year-old father's death is remarkable

He wasn't told of the news until after he was out of the game...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/the-royals-didn-t-tell-edinson-volquez-his-dad-died--at-his-family-s-request-071228580.html

Edited by ricojes