Official Mets lovefest thread

Rob's House

Collins for two more years. I love it.

I think Cespedes and Murphy are both gone and I'm okay with it. Alderson will make it okay.

Wright will play third base until he quits, I'm afraid. We need a contingency ... better than Juan Uribe.

We need a 2B, CF and RF. Herrera could win the 2B job. Conforto should be good to go in LF. Not sure if Lagares is an every day CF; reminds me of an Angel Pagan type.

I'm totally cool with Flores taking over at SS. Tejada simply cannot hit.

Lots of big decisions. Colon could stay on as a reliever. What about Niese, Reed and Clippard? Will they all stay?

Alderson's gonna be a busy man.

Anyway ... I'm glad Collins got the extension. Now he can finish what he started comfortably.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Collins for two more years. I love it.

I think Cespedes and Murphy are both gone and I'm okay with it. Alderson will make it okay.

Wright will play third base until he quits, I'm afraid. We need a contingency ... better than Juan Uribe.

We need a 2B, CF and RF. Herrera could win the 2B job. Conforto should be good to go in LF. Not sure if Lagares is an every day CF; reminds me of an Angel Pagan type.

I'm totally cool with Flores taking over at SS. Tejada simply cannot hit.

Lots of big decisions. Colon could stay on as a reliever. What about Niese, Reed and Clippard? Will they all stay?

Alderson's gonna be a busy man.

Anyway ... I'm glad Collins got the extension. Now he can finish what he started comfortably.

Yes exciting times to be a Mets fan. Plus the NL East stinks right now so the division should be there for the taking the next few years. I would like to see an upgrade at short. Problem is your probably going to have to depart with one of your young guns to upgrade & I am not sure I am willing to do that right now. Florres will have to do with Tejada as backup. I think the plan all along is to bring up Herrera & let Murph walk. You tighten up the defense by doing this but probably lose a bit at the plate. We shall see. I am okay with letting Cessepedes go also but Alderson better have a back up plan. You need to replace at least part of his bat. Conforto will anchor in LF & Grandy in RF so your corners are set. CF is a problem. I wouldn't mind seeing them give it to Laggarres. Next year's Mets are going to win with pitching & if you could strengthen your middle fielding I am all for that. Not sure what to do with Wright. Maybe an offseason of rehab will get him better, if not you got to go & get another 3rd baseman to at least platoon with him. Our starting pitching will be our strength & hopefully we could shore up the middle relieving. I would try to hold onto Niese & Colon. Wheeler isn't coming back to June & I would actually like to see them go to a 6 man rotation early on to lighten the load on the young kids. We are one of the few teams in the league that have the depth to pull this off.

Grandy is set in RF, no?

Please God no with Clippard, he shows no confidence. I like Reed and they should keep Niese and Colon. They'll need a fifth starter for the first half of the season and reliable guys for spot starts, long relief, or in case of injury.

CF might have to be a platoon with another mid-tier guy. All the big FAs are corner outfielders (including Cespedes).

There seem to be several options at 2B if Herrera isn't ready.