Breaking down Tyrods interceptions.

mikef272002

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he just wanted to wrap up the presser and got confused.

Even still, it would have been underthrown to Woods if it was intended to him. Woods was at least 11 yards past where sammy was trying to make a play on the ball. Watch the video. Watkins is tipping the ball before woods even turns around.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even still, it would have been underthrown to Woods if it was intended to him. Woods was at least 11 yards past where sammy was trying to make a play on the ball. Watch the video. Watkins is tipping the ball before woods even turns around.

I firmly believe it was intended for Sammy and Tyrod was confused on the final question of his presser. Maybe the Clay one had Percy behind him? Idk I'd have to look closer than I care to :lol:

Every time I watch that video, it's not the INT that pains me, it's to see a wide open Clay streaking down the left seam for a TD. The Pats* totally blew coverage on him.

Every time I watch that video, it's not the INT that pains me, it's to see a wide open Clay streaking down the left seam for a TD. The Pats* totally blew coverage on him.

I'll have to watch it again but I know what you are talking about. At first glance it looked like the LB handed coverage off to the safety in the middle of the field but even then it would have left the safety with woods and clay to cover on opposite sides of the field.

I'll have to watch it again but I know what you are talking about. At first glance it looked like the LB handed coverage off to the safety in the middle of the field but even then it would have left the safety with woods and clay to cover on opposite sides of the field.

Watch the sideline All-22 view. The CB & safety double up Harvin, which leaves Clay isolated on the LB or a safety, who he toasts. All Taylor has to do is loft a ball down the middle, and Clay virtually walks into the EZ, because all defenders are guarding the sidelines and are about 10 yards away. I doubt any of them catch Clay with his speed.

Watch the sideline All-22 view. The CB & safety double up Harvin, which leaves Clay isolated on the LB or a safety, who he toasts. All Taylor has to do is loft a ball down the middle, and Clay virtually walks into the EZ, because all defenders are guarding the sidelines and are about 10 yards away. I doubt any of them catch Clay with his speed.

Yea I just watched it again. Would have gone in for sure.

I think McCourty is helping out on the LB and by the time that he gains separation Tyrod would have been sacked. Don't necessarily think that anyone was wide open on this play.

This is the kind of play where pro QBs separate from college. Taylor had a totally clean pocket and the Pats* DBs were cheating in the direction he was looking at. Taylor's maturation will be evident when he sees the left side of the field and recognizes that it's the better place to go with the throw - a singled up receiver, and far less defenders to pounce on the ball in case things go wrong.

Unless at that time he was talking about a different interception.. I just listened to it again to make sure I heard him correctly and he clearly stated it was to Percy.

Maybe he was talking about the interception at the end of the half, not the end of the game? Cuz Harvin is no where on the trajectory of that ball at the end of the game, and he did say it was intended for Sammy.

This is the kind of play where pro QBs separate from college. Taylor had a totally clean pocket and the Pats* DBs were cheating in the direction he was looking at. Taylor's maturation will be evident when he sees the left side of the field and recognizes that it's the better place to go with the throw - a singled up receiver, and far less defenders to pounce on the ball in case things go wrong.

Isn't Sammy his first read on that play? I mean the throw was too high, but if it's lower it's a 1st down and a completion to his #1 read.

Isn't Sammy his first read on that play? I mean the throw was too high, but if it's lower it's a 1st down and a completion to his #1 read.

Absolutely Sammy is his first read, but Sammy also attracted triple coverage, and the throw is much more difficult.

All part of the growing pains.

If it was his first read, it was his only read. Looked like he locked in on him from start to finish.

Edited by The Wiz

i just read in another thread that is probably not correctable due to his height, and they are preparing EJ to take over for when he is benched so they had to make him the #2 and get rid of Cassel to get him the reps.

Smdh.

If its on the internet it has to b true! Someone tell Leroi EJ isn't cut!

Hey, this tells me I must get Rewind again. Thanks so much for the video link. man i watched this over and over again. And i learned a shitton about this team

The 4th qtr has so many details i missed when watching on the TV . almost a shame anyone can have a valid opinion with out watching and rewinding and replaying watch each player.

one thing that stood out. 4th quarter Pats were bringing it still.

and.. the Bills looked pretty damned good. More individual matchup issues on the line than mistakes really.

and wow . We played the Pats as fast as they played us.

I think the o line is coming around , and that trust thing sammy was talking about is something they will get rolling. Hopefully this weekend.

Thanks Wiz !!

Devil is in the details isnt it? each play has something to take notice of . This is why i love the game. 11 on eleven. the naked eye can barely see it. But rewinding the film tells the true story.

good post.

Hey, this tells me I must get Rewind again. Thanks so much for the video link. man i watched this over and over again. And i learned a shitton about this team

The 4th qtr has so many details i missed when watching on the TV . almost a shame anyone can have a valid opinion with out watching and rewinding and replaying watch each player.

one thing that stood out. 4th quarter Pats were bringing it still.

and.. the Bills looked pretty damned good. More individual matchup issues on the line than mistakes really.

and wow . We played the Pats as fast as they played us.

I think the o line is coming around , and that trust thing sammy was talking about is something they will get rolling. Hopefully this weekend.

Thanks Wiz !!

Devil is in the details isnt it? each play has something to take notice of . This is why i love the game. 11 on eleven. the naked eye can barely see it. But rewinding the film tells the true story.

good post.

Gotta give the credit to Dorkington for posting it in another thread.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/181159-taylor-review/?p=3696315

Edited by The Wiz