Ronald Darby putting up Darrelle Revis-esque coverage stats

pbanach

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://nysportsbiz.com/2015/09/22/ronald-darbys-rookie-season-off-to-a-promising-start/

It's only been 2 weeks but the rookie has exceeded expectations thus far. He's guarding studs too as 14 out of 17 targets have come against Gronk, Edelman, TY and Andre Johnson.

nice to see.

the rookie has already been whistled for three penalties. Compare that to Revis who doesn’t* have a flag thrown on him yet.

* go figure.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

So who will Darby cover on Sunday? Stills? And Gilmore on Parker? Not sure how much he will play but he is a AJ Green type. Landry is really the #1 WR but I believe he typically operates out of the slot. Not too sure about Robey on him...

Edited by YoloinOhio

So who will Darby cover on Sunday? Stills? And Gilmore on Parker? Not sure how much he will play but he is a AJ Green type. Landry is really the #1 WR but I believe he typically operates out of the slot. Not too sure about Robey on him...

Bandit put up a coverage breakdown in the Dolphins prep thread that I pretty much agree with (here). Only thing I'd add is if Robey gets burned by Stills early you may see Darby swap over to Stills when applicable.

I find it funny that no site actually publishes numbers for CB targets, completions allowed, QB rating allowed. Even though the data are skewed due to things like zone coverage, responsibilities on pick plays, etc., it still would be interesting to compare.

Yeah, there seems a general lack of defensive stats in general . . . I think, sadly, no one really cares. Obviously this is coupled with certain problems generating meaningful numbers.

I think Darby is a perfect fit to cover Landry. Both guys are short-area quick, but Darby has recovery speed to catch up if he's beaten deep.

I would play Gilmore on the boundary (which, through 2 weeks has been Rishard Matthews), but would have him locked on Parker whenever he's on the field. Stills plays out the slot, where he gave Robey fits 2 years ago in New Orleans, so that match-up will be interesting to watch.

I think Darby is a perfect fit to cover Landry. Both guys are short-area quick, but Darby has recovery speed to catch up if he's beaten deep.

I would play Gilmore on the boundary (which, through 2 weeks has been Rishard Matthews), but would have him locked on Parker whenever he's on the field. Stills plays out the slot, where he gave Robey fits 2 years ago in New Orleans, so that match-up will be interesting to watch.

that's right. Almost forgot about Matthews. They have so many flipping WRs. What about Jennings too?! Edited by YoloinOhio

Sometimes and sometimes not---see the play in the endzone that he gave up on that gronk scored an easy TD.

You mean the one on which he had outside responsibility and Duke Williams never picked up Gronk inside like he's assigned to?

There's a reason both Bradham and Gilmore were incensed at Duke...that was his mistake, not Gilmore's.

Mel Kiper has Darby at #7 for Rookies this season so far.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/13726879/the-kansas-city-chiefs-marcus-peters-tops-mel-kiper-rookie-rankings-nfl

[7] Ronald Darby, CB, Bills

The talent far surpasses the draft slot, and Darby could prove to be a steal if he takes care of business off the field. An immediate starter, Darby is clearly a player Rex Ryan feels can be a stud. He's being challenged early.

I was very surprised to see that Darby was singled up on Gronk on several occasions. That speaks volumes about a player, let alone a rookie, that his coaches have that kind of confidence in him.

Not to get off topic from the OP, but I also have been extremely impressed with Karlos WIlliams. Guy reminds me a lot of Eddie George.