Bills running game - some stats

YoloinOhio

he is referring to this stat regarding the right side. It is RBs only.

@RQUINN619: #Bills RBs averaging 5.15 yards per carry with TD on power runs behind Richie Incognito as pulling lead blocker. 13-67-TD

Apologies. I didn't catch that. Still, 13 rushes isn't much to draw any conclusions from.

Field position was an absolute killer. Hard to stop Tom Brady drives starting at the 20. Certainly the defense needs to get better, but the TOs and penalties killed them.

Four hundred sixty six yards passing.

They weren't going to stop New England playing that horsesh*t brand of defense regardless of field position.

I guess I'm not all that down in the dumps about the one bad game (yes it was a really BAD game) because I think the team is truly of playoff caliber, assuming Coach R. gets the house in order and disciplined...and the run game is my primary reason for my optimism. I am an advocate of the "ground and pound" theory and suspect our O-line is more geared to the run game than the pass game. (After Sunday I guess most of you are saying "Ya THINK???")

The run game opens up the pass game and keeps the Brady's where they belong...off the field. The run game should be the basis of our offense going forward.

I'm more concerned about the defense and am not sure what can be done. game discipline for sure, but 40 points is hard to take. It may be the defense is not up to its hype. The next few games will tell.

I am getting sick and tired of these obviously slanted takes.

I guess I'm not all that down in the dumps about the one bad game (yes it was a really BAD game) because I think the team is truly of playoff caliber, assuming Coach R. gets the house in order and disciplined...and the run game is my primary reason for my optimism. I am an advocate of the "ground and pound" theory and suspect our O-line is more geared to the run game than the pass game. (After Sunday I guess most of you are saying "Ya THINK???")

The run game opens up the pass game and keeps the Brady's where they belong...off the field. The run game should be the basis of our offense going forward.

I'm more concerned about the defense and am not sure what can be done. game discipline for sure, but 40 points is hard to take. It may be the defense is not up to its hype. The next few games will tell.

Except that if your opponent stacks 8 men in the box and dares you to pass, you have to come up with an effective counter- strategy

One of the main problems in the Pats game is that we got down early. If we can stay ahead or be within one possession of a tie or lead, we can stick to our game plan and should be fine on offense.

the key is avoiding sequencing drives of 5 or less snaps ending in punt, punt, turnover, punt, punt and giving teams an average start at the 50 yard line.