A question about the new Extra Point

Rubes

I noticed on Carpenter's miss that the ball was snapped from the left hashmark. Later in the game, after another Bills TD, it was the same thing.

Earlier, I had noticed that the Pats*** were kicking their XP from the middle of the field.

What's the rule on this? I thought every XP would be snapped from the middle of the field, as always.

I noticed on Carpenter's miss that the ball was snapped from the left hashmark. Later in the game, after another Bills TD, it was the same thing.

Earlier, I had noticed that the Pats*** were kicking their XP from the middle of the field.

What's the rule on this? I thought every XP would be snapped from the middle of the field, as always.

I noticed that too. I'm curious if they get a choice of where to kick it from.

I'm curious as to how quickly Doug and rex have some more kicking tryouts this week. They already were looking at possible replacements a few weeks ago and after the xp miss it looked like they werent going to trust him with another attempt

This is crazy talk. Look at the stats. Something like 20% of PATs have been missed this far in this season. Carpenter is about average.

This is crazy talk. Look at the stats. Something like 20% of PATs have been missed this far in this season. Carpenter is about average.

I'm sure the 'PATs are automatic and boring' crowd is thrilled with this and looking forward to more games being decided by a failed PAT.

I'm sure the 'PATs are automatic and boring' crowd is thrilled with this and looking forward to more games being decided by a failed PAT.

Yeah I hate the new rule it's stupid. We pretty much lost the game on failed PATs (sort of. If we made some of the 2 Pts and the regular one, it would've been a lot closer)

Yeah I hate the new rule it's stupid. We pretty much lost the game on failed PATs (sort of. If we made some of the 2 Pts and the regular one, it would've been a lot closer)

I wouldn't go that far, but sooner or later it'll happen. And I'd bet my house it'll happen to the Bills long before it happens to NE.

I am in that group. I would have been fine with eliminating it altogether as well. Just make the touchdown 7 with the option to go for an extra point to make it 8, but if you miss you also lose a point.

Boring play that was just about automatic. , what was the point of it.

I am in that group. I would have been fine with eliminating it altogether as well. Just make the touchdown 7 with the option to go for an extra point to make it 8, but if you miss you also lose a point.

Boring play that was just about automatic. , what was the point of it.

Hmm, I never thought of it that way, with the chance of losing a point if you don't make it. I like that idea.