Buffalo Bills Are For Real

Go Bills!!!

A buddy at work that's a 49ers fan put the Bills loss in this perspective - 'you're not going to beat the Pats making a lot of mistakes but your guys did hang tough until the end though. And they didn't just roll over".

Not that it makes me feel any better about the loss but it gives some outside perspective. I remember one of the few and far between times when the Bills beat NE in week one of the season a few years back and post game Brady said something like its only one game and its early in the season and there's a lot of football left to play. And now nobody can acuse the Bills of peaking in September!

Nah...this is the 2015 Bills who crushed the Colts and barely lost to the Pats. That's all I'm concerned about.

Maybe they should cut the Bills some slack.

'Barely lost'.

The Patriots kicked our assess. The relatively close score is a product of garbage time. The "D" was horrendous.

True. It's a tough loss to swallow, but doesn't change my view of the team. Always knew that we could come out of the first 2 games at 1-1. These are the toughest AFC opponents after all.

Some people are acting like it's the end of the world. Typical whiny, wish-washy fans.

This times 1000.

The amount of whining on here might be a new all time high. Anyone who looks at these first 2 weeks and can't see that our future is substantially brighter than the past 16 years literally has no idea what they are talking about and should probably refrain from analyzing anything related to football.

Does it mean we should be happy with a loss...but no means. However, to look at the first 2 weeks (the most difficult opening schedule in football by far this year by any team) against what is widely regarded as the 2 best AFC teams and think this team is in trouble is absurd.

FACTS:

1. First 2 starts in his career for our QB.

2. All our starting WR's missed most of preseason with very little time to work with our starting QB on timing.

3. Brand new schemes on both sides of the ball.

4. Missing key defensive personnel in our secondary for all or parts of games in McKelvin, Graham, and AW.

5. Faced 2 of the most prolific passers in the league.

6. Faced arguably one of the top 3 QB's and HC of all time.

7. Faced a HC who is probably he best in NFL history at game planning and confusing both young and scrambling QB's.

8. We are averaging 29.5 points per game on a team that was supposed to have a woeful offensive situation according to many.

We are 1-1 despite all of that. Was there plenty of issues Sunday against the Pats that need to be addressed...sure, especially the penalties, defensive upfront pressure, and how long Taylor holds the ball in the pocket. But for all of these people to be on here screaming and crying about how bad we are, its the same old Bills, etc etc is just absurd.

And let me stop those right now that are going to reply with the dumb excuse of 16 years of losing justifies your whining. I don't give a damn about yesterday, last week, last year or the last decade. Its over and done with. Assessing this team TODAY is about TODAY not what other crappy regimes and crappy players did. And THIS TEAM TODAY is off to a relatively strong start with plenty to be optimistic about and build on. If you don't like it, then boo hoo, cry me a river. There is a LOT to be excited about this team right now, and its young and its core players are mostly signed long term. We are rapidly headed in a great direction.

True. It's a tough loss to swallow, but doesn't change my view of the team. Always knew that we could come out of the first 2 games at 1-1. These are the toughest AFC opponents after all.

Some people are acting like it's the end of the world. Typical whiny, wish-washy fans.

or 0-2. Any realist would expect that with an unproven QB a new OC and DC.

We're .500, so its hard for me to say if we're 'for real' or not. We don't know if Indy is a good team or not, so we don't know how much weight our win is. We beat the Patriots in 2011 with a team that didn't make the playoffs, so losing to the Patriots with a 'for real' team, doesn't feel right.

So... I'm at we'll see. This weekend should give us more information. The Dolphins are supposed to be good, but had trouble with a couple teams that are supposed to be bad, but are surprising this year. It's really early to make any strong statements.

I agree with the article. The sky isn't falling. Go prove it in Miami... we need to. They are struggling, and we need to pile on.

Tanehill is no Brady. In fact, I think that guy is as average as it gets. The Miami run game is for crap so far. They have Jarvis Landry that's it. This game is totally winnable.

Edited by Dante

Flat out, out coached!!! Rex built a bully alright, lack of discipline. The worse part is it was no better than week 1 and actually worse. Piss poor job by the coaches all around, game plan and all.

Good news is the 1 and 1 after playing 2 of the best teams from last year. Sky is not falling, but if the sloppy penalties continue it will.