F the News' Gleason

Rivermont Mike

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the real problem with the Snooze, IMO. If the fish stinks, it usually starts with the head,,,

Sports desk:

Lisa Wilson (sports editor) 716-849-4465

Newsroom:

Mike Connolly (Editor) editor@buffnews,com

Nothing gets in a paper without an editor signing off on it. The managing editor probably gave the directive to stir things up.

Alert the media: in any large group of people consuming alcoholic beverages, some will be belligerent and vulgar. And some will be decent and kind. And some will be either, depending upon how they're approached and who's asking.

I'm kinda thinking Bucky is accurately describing his personal experience with Buffalo Bills-type fans, and it might be a case of "find what you bring"

this ^

I was at the Colts game in section 110 last week. There were several Colts fans around us and one with his 2 young children as well. I have to say that at no point were any Bills fans rude or belligerent. In fact most seemed to welcome them. I guess it was a combination of the game being so one sided and the location of the seats.

Fans drowning in creeks, falling from upper decks, and shooting themselves in the parking lot does spice up the game day experience.

Hey, no risk, no reward.

What you mention are the (thankfully very rare) occurrences when things to a bit too far. But those things can happen at any event attracting 70,000+ people. Some idiot shoots himself in the lot, so nobody can tailgate and drink, anymore. When that happens, the terrorists at the Buffalo Snooze win.

Vulgar? who the !@#$ does that !@#$ing little mother!@#$ing little !@#$er think he is calling me !@#$ing vulgar?

FTW

Does anyone have a link to the article?

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/09/19/patriots-set-begin-revenge-tour/ETzfv4figMunCrLeD9tTcL/story.html

I think this thread is hilarious. The OP actually makes Gleason's case. Well okay, not sure if he was drunk when posting it.

I think this thread is hilarious. The OP actually makes Gleason's case. Well okay, not sure if he was drunk when posting it.

I was sober. F you. ; ) --OP

"Itll be the usual belligerent, vulgar Buffalo Bills-type fans, doing what they do best, says Bucky Gleason, a Buffalo native and longtime columnist for the Buffalo News. The difference this year is that they actually think they can win. Hating Brady is a sport around here. Its like a third franchise. This is the most anticipated game here since 2004."

Really, Gleason? Belligerent and vulgar? At least people around here believe in something, instead of being a spineless Sullivan wanna-be like you. Nobody is asking you to be a homer, but was it really necessary to say that? Too bad you hide in the press box--I'm sure more than a couple "vulgar" fans would love the opportunity to set the record straight. Hack.

Um.... you been to a game lately? Belligerent and vulgar are being kind... and yes, you want him to be a homer. Now sometimes, both he and Sullivan can be accused of writing to sell papers and poking the readership, but the stadium scene in Buffalo, while I love it and would trade for nothing, is zoolike at best...

Um.... you been to a game lately? Belligerent and vulgar are being kind... and yes, you want him to be a homer. Now sometimes, both he and Sullivan can be accused of writing to sell papers and poking the readership, but the stadium scene in Buffalo, while I love it and would trade for nothing, is zoolike at best...

Same could be said for the fans at almost any NFL stadium, on gameday. Might have stung less (and seemed less like a Fredo moment, given it was a quote for the Globe) had Bucky said, "The usual belligerent and vulgar NFL football fan...". As if the Pat* fans are polite and proper on gameday. But no, he chose to make this personal. So fuc# him, and everyone who looks like him.