Pats Fan Nervous to come to the Ralph

JP's Voice

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have never returned to the stadium since my young Son was harassed for cheering for the Patriots . Not me my Kid. I am a Bills fan and he could root for anyone he wishes.

And the beer spilled upon him while the spittin and yelling was going on just made my mind up.

if i was not with my pre teen Son and trying setting a good father example ....

Now this was over 15 years ago. But i will never forget. have not returned.

when i was much younger i might have been pretty shitted up at the games and yelling like crazy. but never aggressive.

Edited by 3rdand12

i have never returned to the stadium since my young Son was harassed for cheering for the Patriots . Not me my Kid. I am a Bills fan and he could root for anyone he wishes.

And the beer spilled upon him while the spittin and yelling was going on just made my mind up.

when i was much younger i might have been pretty shitted up at the games and yelling like crazy. but never aggressive.

Wow that's a terrible story.

Your son is a Pats* fan?

Wow that's a terrible story.

Your son is a Pats* fan?

no longer.

now he is thirty He is a Raiders Fan, poor soul . We both share in our sufferings

: )

Keep on mind this was over 15 years ago.

I hope he has let it go. I have not.

you folks seem pretty nice though...

Edited by 3rdand12

no longer.

now he is thirty He is a Raiders Fan, poor soul . We both share in our sufferings

Keep on mind this was over 15 years ago.

I hope he has let it go. I have not.

you folks seem pretty nice though...

That is a terrible situation for your son to have experienced. There is no place for that kind of behavior. It doesn't excuse it but people get fueled by alcohol and then stupidity takes over. As a visiting fan at other stadiums I am selective about where I go and what I wear.

I hate to say it but Bills fans are generally more prone to drinking and drinking too much. I can't claim innocence in my younger days but now is a different story. I want to enjoy the game and make it home safely. Walking out last week some poor girl was so trashed her friends were basically carrying her out of the stadium.

That is a terrible situation for your son to have experienced. There is no place for that kind of behavior. It doesn't excuse it but people get fueled by alcohol and then stupidity takes over. As a visiting fan at other stadiums I am selective about where I go and what I wear.

I hate to say it but Bills fans are generally more prone to drinking and drinking too much. I can't claim innocence in my younger days but now is a different story. I want to enjoy the game and make it home safely. Walking out last week some poor girl was so trashed her friends were basically carrying her out of the stadium.

Thanks for the thought!

Back then the security was just someones weekend work i suppose.

These day i would imagine with cell phones and stuff, a problem can be reported as soon as its suspected. and I am sure the stadium staff has come a long ways!

Go Bills !

I was proud to be a Bills fan a couple of years back when I saw a Patriots fan and his son sitting a few rows down from me and a Bills fan near by politely warned him that they would be yelling and cursing a lot in front of his son.

So the Bills fan was sober enough to know that he was planning to be offensive, and decided to go ahead and be an a$$hat anyway? And you're proud of THAT?

There is no reason for a Pats* "fan" to be nervous unless they behave like an obnoxious m!@#$. In that case, they should stay home.

And therein lies the problem when Pats fans come here. 90% of them act like obnoxious a holes.

Well no offense to you but for years I have said that whether people like it or not, agree with it or not, I don't think a football stadium, well, our football stadium is a place that a child under 16 should be visiting. Not saying it's right but you need to understand what environment you're bringing a child into.

And therein lies the problem when Pats fans come here. 90% of them act like obnoxious a holes.

Well no offense to you but for years I have said that whether people like it or not, agree with it or not, I don't think a football stadium, well, our football stadium is a place that a child under 16 should be visiting. Not saying it's right but you need to understand what environment you're bringing a child into.

I was 8 years old and going to games at the Rockpile (won season tickets from Tops). And I turned out fine.

Oh, wait....

No, seriously. There is no reason you shouldn't be able to take your children to a Bills' game. Don't know that you should tailgate in the stadium lot with a very young one. But there's a family sections at the Ralph. And if your kid can't handle seeing people act stupidly, or hear some foul language (perfect teaching moments, IMO), then---well, I really can't say, because I was never

sheltered like that.

But seriously SIXTEEN years old? Really?

Edited by The Dean

I was 8 years old and going to games at the Rockpile (won season tickets from Tops). And I turned out fine.

Oh, wait....

No, seriously. There is no reason you shouldn't be able to take your children to a Bills' game. Don't know that you should tailgate in the stadium lot with a very young one. But there's a family sections at the Ralph. And if your kid can't handle seeing people act stupidly, or hear some foul language (perfect teaching moments, IMO), then---well, I really can't say, because I was never

sheltered like that.

But seriously SIXTEEN years old? Really?

Yes! Using that dude as an example look what happened! Pre teen son and he's ruined. Edit

Well this is timely

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/19/four-arrested-for-assault-of-vikings-fan/

Edited by beerme1

I saw a young teenage kid in a dolphins jersey get hit in the head with a half full beer cup once. Wish i wouldve seen the guy that did it I would have returned the favor.

Pretty sad that people cant respect someone else's love for their team.

I hate the Patriots like everyone else in the nation, but I would never cross the line with another passionate football fan, which someone would have to be to wear a pats jersey tomorrow.

This is just a dumb topic. Why are they nervous? All they have to do is take a look around their own stadium in Foxboro and see how opposing fans are treated. That should answer their questions...

...Oh wait a second... You get my point.

I saw a young teenage kid in a dolphins jersey get hit in the head with a half full beer cup once. Wish i wouldve seen the guy that did it I would have returned the favor.

Pretty sad that people cant respect someone else's love for their team.

I hate the Patriots like everyone else in the nation, but I would never cross the line with another passionate football fan, which someone would have to be to wear a pats jersey tomorrow.

Best part about Indy fans in Indianapolis? They spill beer on themselves! A guy was giving us the business about being Bills fans... Later in the game, he goes and gets a couple beers. As he is moving through the row of seats below us, he trips and dumps both beers on The Colts fans below his row! Boy were the Colts fans steaming... And they couldn't even blame us Bills fans! LMAO! My brother couldn't stop laughing... I had to calm him down or we'd all get implicated! ;-) ;-)

Priceless!

That humbled The Dolts fans for a few quarters... Then he starts back up on us again in the 4th... All any of us had to say to him?

"Nice ballerina act you pulled earlier in the game!"

That shut him up once and for all!

:-) Best part, no money spent and they did the honor to themselves! :-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Frankly, Im glad Pats fans are nervous and scared about coming into OUR house. We've had too many Pats fans coming in and strutting around for way too long. The Gronkowski family sits in the box right behind my seats and it makes me sick to see all the Pats jerseys in there being worn by a group of Buffalonians. The amount of Pats fans infiltrating our gates has been growing every year, and it's time we flush them out with the rest of the turds.

this is how I feel. i don't want fights per se....but i want these jerkoffs to not want to show up.

Total desecration by some smart ass Patriots fan.

IMG_5447.jpg

I put a Bills hat on the Shula statue outside Miami's stadium and posed with it for pics before the playoff game we lost down there in 99. Somebody yelled something at me but no one did anything. Of course it was on there all of 30secs.

this is 100% correct..

But wearing an opposing jersey to an NFL game can take the choice/options away.

Hell, I went to the Flyers/Sabres road games in Philly and handled it as good as I can possibly handle it and was still almost attacked by a family "just because". I refused to take my hands out of my pockets and they didnt hit me. Too many lunatics and randomness at an NFL game.

I took an old girlfriend to a Flyers/Sabres game in Philly once...it was the one where Biron dove across the crease and made a ridiculous save on a sure goal by just getting his stick blade on it...most Sabre fans have probably seen the highlight.

Anyway, we were there rooting for the Sabres and sitting alongside my buddy and his girl who were Flyer fans. We weren't crazy about it, but it was an exciting game and we cheered for our team.

Sabres eventually lose in OT. As the crowd is filing out, a guy a couple rows in front of us with two adolescent kids turns around and starts yapping at us to "get out of here...back to buffalo...etc. etc." I'm just ignoring him, as I never get into that crap.

But for some reason my g.f. lost and it and screams at the guy..."OH YEAH? GO F--- YOURSELF!!" Totally out of character for her, and we were not even drunk! I'm just looking at her thinking "huh? who are you and what have you done with Katie!?"

So now the guy's looking around like he's the victim...going "oh yeah, real nice language around kids. nice."

Without missing a beat she yells "YOU'RE THE A--HOLE TEACHING YOUR KIDS TO MESS WITH TOTAL STRANGERS FOR NO REASON AT ALL!! GO F--- YOURSELF!!"

Now everyone stops to see what's going to happen and I'm starting to think I'm going to be brawling soon...when I hear a HUGE Flyers fan in the row behind me yell to the guy. "SHE HAS A POINT."

End of confrontation :)

I've been to several venues: Dallas, Jacksonville, Miami, San Diego, and Buffalo. By far Buffalo is the most drunk and rude behavior out of all of those. I see more fights and shenanigans at The Ralph than any other venue. But hey, I dig it because I am a Bills fan.

I wonder what Oakland is like???

That's why they say Buffalo is a football city with a drinking problem. I actually think Buffalo is somewhat better than it used to be.

That's why they say Buffalo is a football city with a drinking problem. I actually think Buffalo is somewhat better than it used to be.

I would like to think so.

Back in the day i have had beers spilled on me and spilled beer on others. Never had a issue.

Maybe its just a Patriots thing :pirate:

I hate the Patriots.

The Raiders have been underdogs so i will support them even if they play the Bills.

But i just hate the Patriots.

Treat them right and be above it, even if they get stupid< wait...that comes with the territory.

But i sure have no problem with Pat fans and players not wanting to come here because of intimidation.