5 keys to beating the Patriots on Sunday

pbanach

http://nysportsbiz.com/2015/09/16/buffalo-bills-week-two-5-keys-to-beating-the-new-england-patriots/

I've seen a few posts about hitting Gronk and throwing off the timing, which is one of the most important factors to stopping New England's offense IMO. There's a few more ways to beat the Patriots as well and now that Buffalo may have a formidable offense, the game plan should include being selectively aggressive in attacking NE's D.

Edited by pbanach

My keys are:

On Defense - Obviously, stopping Gronk. Also limit the effectiveness on the quick pass out to the flat they always use.

On Offense - McCoy and the running game (OL) have to step it up and dominate that side of the ball.

Here are my keys to the game:

Defence

1. Disrupt Brady - pressure up the middle where our DT's should wreck havoc on the interior of their O-line.

2. Jam the Recievers/TE's at the line of scrimmage to mess the timing of their routes. We know the ball is coming out fast from Brady.

3. Neutralize Gronk - easier said than done, but I'm sure Rex has a plan.

4. No personal foul 15 yard penalties. We can't afford to away yards after the whistle.

Offence

1. Stay Balanced and take what the defence gives us. I'm not expecting to run over NE the way that Pittsburgh did. In that game, NE played with 5 DB's most of the time to limit Pittsburgh's passing attack. We are built to run or pass with such a nice array of speedy offensive weapons. I think we will see pretty close to 50/50 pass/run offence like Roman did in SF this weekend. I don't think we get to milk a 24-point lead for the last 20 minutes of the game this week.

2. Taylor continues to show what he's shown in a small sample size of play. He's had strong poise in the pocket and has used his legs to make something out of nothing. I think we'll see one or two designed runs this week that we didn't see last week.

3. Using more of the playbook that no one has seen yet. We still have the advantage of surprise with a new playbook and Roman's system with Buffalo's personnel. Once we started protecting our lead last week, it looked like a preseason vanilla offence to guard our secrets. Belichek is the best at gaining an advantage from tape study and this week, his volume of tape to study is pretty slim.

4. Better O-Line play without the holding calls.

I don't know who will win this week, but this game feels different. In the past, I'm just hoping get a few breaks our way to beat a better team. This year, it's two good teams going head-to-head - Sunday can't come soon enough.

FP

Edited by Forward Progress

The biggest key to the game - don't let them steal your signals. Don't rely on the NFL to manage the headsets. Work around this is some way. Be careful what you say and be mindful there may be bugs even in our own home locker room.

Then just cover the damn short passes. Don't leave a 10 yard cushion on 3rd and 6.

That is the biggest part of beating the pats.

I am not trying to be Debbie Downer, but every way that I come up with the shut down the pats defense leaves me with 12 men... Obviously you pick your spots to blitz, and I haven't had ANY time in a film room to gauge tendencies....

Double Gronk for sure, making sure he's hit on every play leaving the line... Robey with a man over on Edelman, send 5 minimum on 90% of the plays... There is a start... I think it will be HUGE to win the LOS and take Blount out of the game... Not injure, just neutralize him....

Move Cogs over to help Hendy or bring back Hairston.

But the thinking should be about ball control again.

Dink and dunk em with an eye on the deeper one on one.

disciplined against the run

Defense is always the same. disrupt the timing and challenge those passing lanes. I look forward to Carrington getting more reps this game.

MEGAHAND.

Darby on Edelman, Robey on Danny. the rest of the team on gronk.

did Bills get King Kong off waivers yet?

I am not trying to be Debbie Downer, but every way that I come up with the shut down the pats defense leaves me with 12 men... Obviously you pick your spots to blitz, and I haven't had ANY time in a film room to gauge tendencies....

Double Gronk for sure, making sure he's hit on every play leaving the line... Robey with a man over on Edelman, send 5 minimum on 90% of the plays... There is a start... I think it will be HUGE to win the LOS and take Blount out of the game... Not injure, just neutralize him....

reduce the Blitzing compared to last week. just move them around each snap to create confusion for the O line.

Put Brown on Blunt and have him do the " Gore" to Legarette. Preston goes Boom!

The ole 4-3-5 eh! Yeah great idea.

Move Cogs over to help Hendy or bring back Hairston.

But the thinking should be about ball control again.

Dink and dunk em with an eye on the deeper one on one.

disciplined against the run

Defense is always the same. disrupt the timing and challenge those passing lanes. I look forward to Carrington getting more reps this game.

MEGAHAND.

Darby on Edelman, Robey on Danny. the rest of the team on gronk.

did Bills get King Kong off waivers yet?

reduce the Blitzing compared to last week. just move them around each snap to create confusion for the O line.

Put Brown on Blunt and have him do the " Gore" to Legarette. Preston goes Boom!

Country, i suggest less blitz but 90% blitz look!!

I never said that.... Lawson is somebody I would put on gronk

Brady is at his worst when he is constantly under pressure... If we can do that with 4, I'm all about it and it makes the rest that much easier!!

But which 4 ? ha ha!

Lawson graded out not so good last week.

he is 31 years old

It's not double teaming Gronk, it's bracketing him at the LOS like a couple of teams did to Gonzalez with the falcons. They can mug him on the line of scrimmage, and he is not quick. He has long stride speed once he gets going.

They have to jam these guys at the LOS so they are forced to run.our front four can pressure these rookies into Marsha.

It's not double teaming Gronk, it's bracketing him at the LOS like a couple of teams did to Gonzalez with the falcons. They can mug him on the line of scrimmage, and he is not quick. He has long stride speed once he gets going.

They have to jam these guys at the LOS so they are forced to run.our front four can pressure these rookies into Marsha.

Just jam Gronk. once at scimmage line and once again.

let those other fellas try to beat Robey and Darby with sped and twitch. thats the match up i look forward too. shut them down with coverage and force it to the TE's. thats when the D line pressure will be effective most. stop the dinking!

http://nysportsbiz.com/2015/09/16/buffalo-bills-week-two-5-keys-to-beating-the-new-england-patriots/

I've seen a few posts about hitting Gronk and throwing off the timing, which is one of the most important factors to stopping New England's offense IMO. There's a few more ways to beat the Patriots as well and now that Buffalo may have a formidable offense, the game plan should include being selectively aggressive in attacking NE's D.

I think you are dead on here. There is so much focus on the Bills D matched up against Brady, the key to this game will be the offense scoring more than 27 points to win the game...