A place for halftime thoughts

Simon

Love Tyrod Taylor's demeanor and his understanding and command of the offense.There will certainly be some rough edges but it's a huge positive in a guy's first real game at any age.

Ive become a Rex fan too, but the way he calls this defense is going to kill me by Halloween. When you've got those kind of Jimmie's and Joe's you don't need to run gritzblitzes in every down and distance you can find any remote rationalization for it. <glances at scoreboard> <shuts the hell up>

The Colts are utterly terrified of Sammy Watkins. They are not afraid of Mario Williams though; I think he's hurt and they know it. Extra credit to Watkins for playing good hard football even when hes not getting any looks

Props to Kyle Williams for carrying the mail early.

Do Darby and Percy Harvn have longer speed than I thought? They both looked like guys who were quicker in short areas but they've both flashed a little track speed today

Johnny Manziel is messing with the Jets business :lol:

I've never seen anybody stone Frank Gore like Preston Brown did in the 2nd quarter. That was my first "off the couch with a big Whooooo" this year.

We are going to make some big plays on Specials this year. Nobody should be shocked if the first one comes in the next hour

This offseason there was some folks unhappy with the Clay signing because they hadn't seen him enough and didn't understand yet what he brought to an offense. Are some of you staring to see the matchup problems he creates against a variety of defenders?

I know its early but I havent seen the Bills this well-coached in all three phases of the game in a very very long time. It's going to be an odd sensation to look ahead to matchups and make the assumption that you have an edge on the sidelines. That being said, I did not like the way they called the last two minutes of the half.

Don't get cocky boys. Andrew Luck turns into an entirely different species of human in the 4th quarter.

Brown's hit was instinctive and ridiculous. Kiko who?

Rex's defense will get burned on occasion but QBs hate playing against it and it's pretty obvious that Luck is not in a happy place.

I concur on the 2 minute drive. I know TT got his bell rung a little and that let the clock run but at that point they were truly playing for the figgie. The TD was crazy.

Luck scares the hell outta me but he's gonna get smacked some more as this game goes on. Our offense needs to run the ball better in third quarter and bring this thing home. I think we have the wind in the fourth.

Rex's defense will get burned on occasion but QBs hate playing against it and it's pretty obvious that Luck is not in a happy place.

I've watched that kid play a fair amount of football (most of it world-class) and I have never seen anybody make him look like that.

This rare combination of talent and a smart, hyper-aggressive scheme is not something you get to watch very often. With rule changes designed to help the offense there's no way we'll ever get the same final results/stats, but does this defense have the potential to look sort of similar to something Rex's dad trotted out onto Soldier Field a few decades ago? :blink:

Good call about special teams.

I'd bet my truck that's not the last one of those we'll see.

We've got legitimate NFL players peppered all over our ST's units. We won't know what our return teams will look like until somebody actually kicks to them, but both of those coverage units were absolutely swarming yesterday and were doing so with evil intent.

I think we're going to have opportunities for loose footballs all over the field this year.

percy did literally run track in college, didnt he?

I would assume he did; he's a ridiculous athlete.

For some reason (body type, otherworldly quicks) I just never pictured him as a guy having as much long speed as he has short area burst.