Karlos Williams officially #2 RB, earned in training camp

YoloinOhio

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People must love you. Such a nice gentleman. I hate to point out your error - it's never pleasant proving wrong such a kind person - however I don't want you to keep making unfortunate boo-boos.

Karlos timed faster than Bryce.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=119349&draftyear=2015&genpos=RB

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=119349&draftyear=2015&genpos=RB

Not buying it.

I wonder if that has more to do with his ability to be a hard 3rd down/short yardage guy.... I think Bryce will be used to spell Shady more than Williams, but hey- I'm wrong all the time, Lol

I have a feeling that McCoy isn't going to play much vs Indy and Brown and Williams will get the bulk of the playing time.

They better be very careful with McCoy. Those strings need to be FULLY healed or you're asking for a long term, rather expensive problem.

Agreed. I have a feeling Indy is going to throw a lot of passes and get ahead of us for awhile in sundays game, and we'll have no choice but to sling it ourselves later in the game, which would mean less workload for the rb's.

Hopefully Shady wont get overused or rushed back because i would rather have the dude sit another month than have a recurrence.

Karlos is a rookie who is relatively new to the position. He's almost the same size as Boobie and Bryce, and the fastest of the bunch. The Bills should have cut Brown, promoted Karlos to Boobie's spot at RB & ST, kept Fred as RB, and made Boobie the deactivated RB.

Because if you're gonna keep an RB whose a Beast on ST, it makes so much sense to dress him in street clothes on game day?

Thanks for that link to the Robert Quinn piece; for this non-player it was one of the most helpful / insightful X's and O's discussions I've ever seen. But it really didn't contain anything on blitz pickups, did it? Any of you experts care to weigh in on whether Hopeful (classic moniker, btw) is correct on this? Seems relevant to the discussion of Karlos...and for that matter, Shady, too.

Hey, Red, you're welcome.

It sort of falls into football history. Traditional role of the fullback when every team had one was to pound the rock (get the difficult yards between tackles), blast the holes for the RB, and pass-block. Traditional role of the TE was to function as an extra lineman or pass protect as well as catch passes. So it's sort of implied by saying Roman likes to keep 2 RB (1 RB and 1 FB) and 2 TE. One of the TE is almost always broken off to the side of the QB in perfect position to pick up a blitz.

But of course that doesn't speak to his pass-protection expectations of RBs vs FB and TE, so I'll be interested to know what other folks think.

Agreed. I have a feeling Indy is going to throw a lot of passes and get ahead of us for awhile in sundays game, and we'll have no choice but to sling it ourselves later in the game, which would mean less workload for the rb's.

OK, this is one of my pet peeves - teams who get behind with plenty of time to catch up by running, and who abandon the run and start slinging it when they could just stick with their game plan, trust their D to adjust, and keep pounding. Yes Marrone I'm talking about you last year

He's only #2 because of Whaley's ego.

/sarcasm

That f*@!ing idiot Whaley! How dare he squander a valuable 5th round draft pick on an RB when we had a great 34 year old RB with plenty left in his legs! He should have waited until Fred was finished, and THEN scramble around to draft whoever was there that year, with a decent 1st or 2nd round pick or something! (Then we could all have something else to critique him for)