Week 1: Colts' Game Preparation - Are You Ready?

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Colts fans are going to learn some new names on Sunday. Seems like the only Bills players they are really concerned about are McCoy & Watkins. They claim they would be concerned about Dareus if he was playing. As if Marcell Dareus is the only guy on that line that they need to be concerned about. That is kind of funny. If anything, I would be more worried about what kind of havoc Kyle, Mario and Jerry are going to create. Jerry Hughes is going to be playing that game with a vengeance and a chip on his shoulder. Go get em Jerry. Hopefully Luck spends most of next week trying to shake the nightmares out of his head of Bills pass rushers coming at him like he is a virgin convict just locked up in Attica.

I think Colts fans are going to be surprised when the Bills move the ball in large chunks on the ground and over the middle against what Colts' fans think is a pretty good defense of theirs.

Grantland on Why to Watch Bills-Colts Now/Later

Watch Now: Tyrod Taylor! I don’t think Buffalo’s starting quarterback is going to be very good, but I’m really excited to see what on earth he looks like during any sort of serious playing time in this bizarrely assembled Bills offense. Maybe this is the weirdly incompatible shopping list from Chopped . . . .

Grantland's 17 Fearless and Arbitrary Predictions for the 2015 Season

8. Tyrod Taylor will (almost) start a revolution. The Bills are putting together something special. It’s like they took “It’s so crazy it might work!” and made it the official team policy . . . .

Edited by Robert James

I think Colts fans are going to learn some new names on Sunday. Seems like the only Bills players they are really concerned about are McCoy & Watkins. They claim they would be concerned about Dareus if he was playing. As if Marcell Dareus is the only guy on that line that they need to be concerned about. That is kind of funny. If anything, I would be more worried about what kind of havoc Kyle, Mario and Jerry are going to create. Jerry Hughes is going to be playing that game with a vengeance and a chip on his shoulder. Go get em Jerry. Hopefully Luck spends most of next week trying to shake the nightmares out of his head of Bills pass rushers coming at him like he is a virgin convict just locked up in Attica.

I think Colts fans are going to be surprised when the Bills move the ball in large chunks on the ground and over the middle against what Colts' fans think is a pretty good defense of theirs.

Some of those guys are nuts...they somehow think that an offensive line that allowed 107 QB hits last year is going to neutralize Buffalo's pass rush?

They also seem to have zero sense of history--no idea that Gilmore has twice shut down Andre Johnson. Darby-Hilton is the matchup to watch IMO, though I think he'll do much better against Hilton, a speed guy, than he did against Benjamin or Bryant (size guys) in the preseason.

This is going to be a close game...I will say, however, that I think Buffalo matches up very well against Indy. They're soft; we're definitely not.

CBS Broadcast Team

Play-by-Play: Spero Dedes

Color Analyst: Soloman Wilcots

- Wilcots isn't that bad. I hear him on Sirius NFL radio now and then and he knows his stuff. He'll be prepared and he is generally pretty objective.

- Oh yeah... and I love hearing him say "The Beeels"

Wilcots is useless. But at least I don't have to listen to his usual 5 minute speech about Fred Jackson being the oldest back in the league and coming from tiny Coe College. He will need new material. He doesn't hate us though which is a start.

Final injury report

Click here to find out the latest injury information for the Bills heading into this week's game against the Indianapolis Colts.

Colts will be down a starting CB

The Bills won’t be the only team in Week 1 without one of their starting cornerbacks. Buffalo will be without the services of Leodis McKelvin for the first six weeks of the season while he recovers from an ankle injury that has landed him on Reserve/PUP. Indianapolis however, will be without starting CB Greg Toler.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I didn't see here. Has anyone seen anything about this from another source.

Indy Sports Coverage ‏@IndySportsCO: Bills plan to play only one safety against the Colts on Sunday... Good luck.

I...have not heard anything of the sort. In fact, with their lack of run support, it makes far more sense to roll with the Big Nickel, which Rex likes to do. Unless you're considering Aaron and Graham to be CBs.

Richie Incognito: "Excited for the Opportunity" (1:33)

OL Richie Incognito talks about the opportunity to suit up for an NFL game once again, facing the Colts, the expected environment in the Ralph on Sunday and more.

@viccarucci

#Bills plan is to keep Enemkpali on active roster while serving 4-game suspension, giving them roster spot. Another move to be made today.

@ChrisBrownBills

Colts trade for DE Winn http://wp.me/plmrg-bDn

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@SolomonsWisdom_ joined @KentSterling to preview #Colts #Bills and #NeverForget 9/11 https://soundcloud.com/sports1430/solomon-wilcots?utm_source=soundcloud

@buffalobills

IK Enemkpali has been added to the active roster. 3 more roster moves made: http://bufbills.co/kYBrxe

In addition, the Bills added DE Cedric Reed to the team’s practice squad.

The Bills also announced that the team has reached an injury settlement with WR Deonte Thompson and released DT Andre Fluellen

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Agreed...When you look at the CBS slate, it is really bizarre.

Early games: Ind @ Buf, Cle @ NYJ, Mia @ Washington, KC @ Houston,

Late Games: Bal @ Denver, Titans @ Tampa Bay, Cincinnati @ Oak

Bal @ Denver is a heavy weight matchup. I assume everyone is curious about Titans and TB due to the rookie QBs. Everything else is same level or below the level of the Bills/Colts game.

Bills will get love if they win. If they don't , then they are "the same old bills", forget about 'em. we shall see how it plays out on the field

Grantland on Why to Watch Bills-Colts Now/Later

Watch Now: Tyrod Taylor! I don’t think Buffalo’s starting quarterback is going to be very good, but I’m really excited to see what on earth he looks like during any sort of serious playing time in this bizarrely assembled Bills offense. Maybe this is the weirdly incompatible shopping list from Chopped . . . .

Grantland's 17 Fearless and Arbitrary Predictions for the 2015 Season

8. Tyrod Taylor will (almost) start a revolution. The Bills are putting together something special. It’s like they took “It’s so crazy it might work!” and made it the official team policy . . . .

So which Grantland piece is right? :blink: