Cassel released

FluffHead

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice that EJ's doing better, but all this chest thumping over him going into his third season backing up a sixth round pick who's never started an NFL game is a bit over the top.

Sort of like when someone makes a big deal about a news reporter's pronunciation of certain words. :lol:

It's nice that EJ's doing better, but all this chest thumping over him going into his third season backing up a sixth round pick who's never started an NFL game is a bit over the top.

As was the chest thumping when he appeared to be 3rd in the competition halfway through camp. The "realists" were revelling in that.... the problem with the EJ debate is both sides got so hyper aggressive in defending their position that they have made ridiculous comparisons and over exaggerated points to suit their arguments. It has become tribal warfare and neither side's chest thumping at various stages this summer has done them any credit

Nope, EJ still stinks, a few preseason throws against vanilla defenses doesn't change much as TT, MC, and MS also looked ok in said games. IMO this was more a $$$ decision than anything and it made total sense to do what they did. Again IMO the Bills will be shopping for a QB next year via draft

Bwahahaha. The qb in the draft next year and the year after that is always where it's at !

Imo ymo is making stuff up to fit your agenda. sad stuff.

Did you punch a wall when Ej threw that Td to Clay ?

Edited by Ryan L Billz

LOL you beat me to it. Well not so much as I reiterated that thought yesterday.

EJ sucks because he's 6-8, TT is a possible franchise QB because he's 0-0.

No one has made that win loss argument. Very interesting that a guy with zero wins in the NFL took the job though.

Bwahahaha. The qb in the draft next year and the year after that is always where it's at !

Imo ymo is making stuff up to fit your agenda. sad stuff.

Did you punch a wall when Ej threw that Td to Clay ?

Nope, not at all Kyle. EJ played well as I have said, but I'll speak slower so you can catch up, a few good preseason throws doesn't automatically make him great, all the Bills QBs look pretty good this preseason FWIW. To hang your hat on one or two preseason throws is comical. Obviously EJ and MC were close and the Bills couldn't justify $4+ million on a backup, so they went with the cheaper option. Pretty self explanatory IMO.

No one has made that win loss argument. Very interesting that a guy with zero wins in the NFL took the job though.

I don't think it's that interesting. He's been sitting behind a qb for 3-4 years and has been in a system that provided him with a lot of training.

EJ was thrown into a situation where he had to be a franchise qb right away or he would have been labeled a bust.

Nope, not at all Kyle. EJ played well as I have said, but I'll speak slower so you can catch up, a few good preseason throws doesn't automatically make him great, all the Bills QBs look pretty good this preseason FWIW. To hang your hat on one or two preseason throws is comical. Obviously EJ and MC were close and the Bills couldn't justify $4+ million on a backup, so they went with the cheaper option. Pretty self explanatory IMO.

Cassel was not pretty good, good, not bad or bad this preseason. He was 13-15 83 yds 5.5 ypa. 83 yards on 15 attempts is GOD AWFUL.

It was more than one or two throws. The Pitt game alone is proof of that. EJ and Cassel might have been close in camp Cassel but the increased progress he showed in all 3 preseason game was enough to not need Cassel.

I don't know who Kyle is. But I would knock it off with the personal attacks.

You can speak as slow as you need to, get those valuable thoughts out.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I don't know who Kyle is. But I would knock it off with the personal attacks.

You can speak as slow as you need to, get those valuable thoughts out.

Cripple Fight!!!

Cassel was not pretty good, good, not bad or bad this preseason. He was 13-15 83 yds 5.5 ypa. 83 yards on 15 attempts is GOD AWFUL.

That's a ridiculous statement. Trying to draw that kind of conclusion from that stat line with that small a simple size and with no context is just plain dumb.

That's a ridiculous statement. Trying to draw that kind of conclusion from that stat line with that small a simple size and with no context is just plain dumb.

It was in response of someone up thread saying all the QBs played pretty good this preseason. Soooo that's all I have for a sample size, is this preseason. Did you see Matt complete even one pass over 15 yards or more I didn't. They were all dump off passes and short routes nothing down field. Plus 5.5 yards an attempt is GOD AWFUL. It would have ranked 69th in the league last year. If you think that's good that's fine, I think it is horrible.

It was in response of someone up thread saying all the QBs played pretty good this preseason. Soooo that's all I have for a sample size, is this preseason. Did you see Matt complete even one pass over 15 yards or more I didn't. They were all dump off passes and short routes nothing down field. Plus 5.5 yards an attempt is GOD AWFUL. It would have ranked 69th in the league last year. If you think that's good that's fine, I think it is horrible.

You know there's practices in preseason too. Lots of them.