Cassel released

FluffHead

They're too busy...They've moved on to witch doctors to solve their EJ hatred...Maybe a hit-man... ;)

Saw a couple more in the shoutbox this AM...Someone is going to have to explain to me how a Bills fan...an actual fan of this team...can be so actively campaigning against the kid...Like it's far more important for them to be right about the kid being a bust then it is for the kid to turn into a Franchise QB under Roman...It truly does boggle my mind...I just don't get it... :huh:

Tyrod though. He's gonna be our franchise QB.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Jerry Sullivan's article today

"Fans are excited about Taylor because they’re desperate for anything resembling a franchise QB. If he’s good, it alleviates the need to find one in the draft, while softening the embarrassment of investing so much in Manuel and having him not pan out."

They're too busy...They've moved on to witch doctors to solve their EJ hatred...Maybe a hit-man... ;)

Saw a couple more in the shoutbox this AM...Someone is going to have to explain to me how a Bills fan...an actual fan of this team...can be so actively campaigning against the kid...Like it's far more important for them to be right about the kid being a bust then it is for the kid to turn into a Franchise QB under Roman...It truly does boggle my mind...I just don't get it... :huh:

"Fans are excited about Taylor because they’re desperate for anything resembling a franchise QB. If he’s good, it alleviates the need to find one in the draft, while softening the embarrassment of investing so much in Manuel and having him not pan out."

It's a shame that EJ's career is over and he ended up as such a failure. Sullivan is an irrelevant and bitter embarrassment to the profession of journalism.

It's a shame that EJ's career is over and he ended up as such a failure. Sullivan is an irrelevant and bitter embarrassment to the profession of journalism.

Was about five paragraphs in. I stopped reading it after I saw that. He got my click though.

You gave me wicked crap last year for calling him "the kid".

I stopped.

Edited by mastershake

Was about five paragraphs in. I stopped reading it after I saw that. He got my click though.

You gave me wicked crap last year for calling him "the kid".

I stopped.

Me?... I always say kid...I'm an old man... :lol:

And seriously I almost never give anyone wicked crap...I cap out at biting sarcasm... ;)

Me?... I always say kid...I'm an old man... :lol:

And seriously I almost never give anyone wicked crap...I cap out at biting sarcasm... ;)

No not you, man,I was quoting Rob quoting you. Rob gave me wiked crap last season for calling EJ "the kid"

the only embarrassment is the writer of that article.

I'm impressed by the complete absence of some of the EJ bashers and Cassel promoters in this thread.

Oh, excuse me... the "Realists" as they were so fond of calling themselves.

They had plenty to say in earlier threads. Now that Cassel is out they're in hiding so it seems.

I missed quite a few pages and started looking back as I was wondering if they showed up.

Where's Leroi? Anyone send him a PM?

though Fire Chan did post TT with ZERO NFL starts is a Franchise QB.

more or less

the only embarrassment is the writer of that article.

I missed quite a few pages and started looking back as I was wondering if they showed up.

Where's Leroi? Anyone send him a PM?

though Fire Chan did post TT with ZERO NFL starts is a Franchise QB.

more or less

No I didn't. That's cool though.

Tyrod though. He's gonna be our franchise QB.

I did say more or less.

You've been riding the EJ sucks and Cassel is king horse for a while now. When are you going to see that you are wrong.

how apropo. I just saw this -

Manuel survives the ride as Cassel receives release

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/09/06/manuel-survives-the-ride-as-cassel-receives-release/

Honest reporting by this Tyler Dunne :thumbsup:

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I'm impressed by the complete absence of some of the EJ bashers and Cassel promoters in this thread.

Oh, excuse me... the "Realists" as they were so fond of calling themselves.

They had plenty to say in earlier threads. Now that Cassel is out they're in hiding so it seems.

Remember how they would love to complain and mock EJ's supporters so-called "excuses"? I'd be bummed too if I was trashing EJ for half a year and now under professional NFL coaching that he looks like he's truly developing into a potential franchise QB. Especially considering that we haven't had one in 20 years. It'd be nice if they would come out and say it that looks like they were wrong and they should have had way more patience and taken a wait and see approach with what Manuel would do under Rex and Greg Roma's coaching.

I always said that if an idiot like Doug Marrone thought EJ wasn't any good then there was a great chance he is the real deal.

Excellent post. Whaley's contract most likely expires after the 2015 season and his decisions need to work out quickly. And now that he's sharing power with Rex, it's interesting to see who stays and who goes. A lot of the guys he's drafted/signed/extended are either not here or not starting.

Wait, now Whaley is "sharing" power with Rex? You've said previously he's only doing Rex's bidding. Which is it?

And by the way, "a lot" of the guys every GM in the league has drafted/signed/extended are not still with those teams. Are you really insinuating Whaley hasn't built a loaded roster?

Remember how they would love to complain and mock EJ's supporters so-called "excuses"? I'd be bummed too if I was trashing EJ for half a year and now under professional NFL coaching that he looks like he's truly developing into a potential franchise QB. Especially considering that we haven't had one in 20 years. It'd be nice if they would come out and say it that looks like they were wrong and they should have had way more patience and taken a wait and see approach with what Manuel would do under Rex and Greg Roma's coaching.

I always said that if an idiot like Doug Marrone thought EJ wasn't any good then there was a great chance he is the real deal.

Nope, EJ still stinks, a few preseason throws against vanilla defenses doesn't change much as TT, MC, and MS also looked ok in said games. IMO this was more a $$$ decision than anything and it made total sense to do what they did. Again IMO the Bills will be shopping for a QB next year via draft of FA. That is all.

Franchise QB :w00t: you're funny

Nope, EJ still stinks, a few preseason throws against vanilla defenses doesn't change much as TT, MC, and MS also looked ok in said games. IMO this was more a $$$ decision than anything and it made total sense to do what they did. Again IMO the Bills will be shopping for a QB next year via draft of FA. That is all.

So that means TT stinks as well?

Not sure how many people are left on that island with you. There's you, Doug Marrone, WGR and... <crickets chirping>