The Postworthy Thread

Kelly the Dog

I saw something in an article just now and thought that perhaps it was "postworthy." Not newsworthy, not threadworthy, just a little tidbit that was interesting and perhaps worthy of a short discussion that soon disappears, and maybe there should be a place where other postworthy thoughts can be discussed briefly and then onto the next one.

The postworthy thought was this: Jerome Felton said yesterday that EJ's arm is the best he has seen since Matt Stafford.

You look at EJ, I haven’t seen a guy throw the ball like he does since Matt Stafford. He has that type of arm. All of the guys brought excitement. Obviously, it’s just a different type of thing that Tyrod has, that nobody around the league has.”

Now I KNOW it really means nothing. I know that Felton hasn't played with great QBs since he left Detroit. I know players often say great things about their teammates. But it was still postworthy. Terry Bridgewater has a lively arm. Josh Freeman has a very strong arm. Felton was obviously impressed with EJ and his arm and I just thought it deserved a little mention even though it's a trifle.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is great!

Also, You can always throw post worthy stuff like this in the pinned "bills positive thread." If he said EJ reminded him of when he played with Christian Ponder, you could put in the "bills negative thread."

That's what I do... But just a thought!

Nice!

CBF

I saw something in an article just now and thought that perhaps it was "postworthy." Not newsworthy, not threadworthy, just a little tidbit that was interesting and perhaps worthy of a short discussion that soon disappears, and maybe there should be a place where other postworthy thoughts can be discussed briefly and then onto the next one.

The postworthy thought was this: Jerome Felton said yesterday that EJ's arm is the best he has seen since Matt Stafford.

Now I KNOW it really means nothing. I know that Felton hasn't played with great QBs since he left Detroit. I know players often say great things about their teammates. But it was still postworthy. Terry Bridgewater has a lively arm. Josh Freeman has a very strong arm. Felton was obviously impressed with EJ and his arm and I just thought it deserved a little mention even though it's a trifle.

If only he were a realist though. :sigh:

One thing's for certain. EJ can air it out, and stretching the field is an (ancient) art practiced by many winning football teams. This is the biggest thing that EJ brings to the team. Oh Lawdy, visions of James Lofton jetting down the sideline on the first play of SB XXV come to mind.

Simple question. What do you think he meant?

And I never leave.....!

I know what he meant. I read the article. I don't think he's right that no one around the league has what he has, there is a very obvious other one. I would link it for you if you didn't just come onto this thread to denounce whatever it was that was going to be said here.

Felton has been watching Aaron Rodgers twice a year...

I took it to mean guys that he played with but that isn't necessarily clear. I imagine, because of what you just said about Rodgers, that he was talking about guys he played with.

I love the idea of this thread.

Here's one: Is it me, or has our first unit D looked lazy in the preseason? And, our second unit D looked really good?

I think most of the time the first unit was going at almost full speed. Which is common for preseason for established players. They were getting some pressure but not dominating. They did have a pretty good overall preseason. They gave up a couple drives and surely the vast majority of their breakdowns were Darby related. Pittsburgh had one really good long drive against them.

I know what he meant. I read the article. I don't think he's right that no one around the league has what he has, there is a very obvious other one. I would link it for you if you didn't just come onto this thread to denounce whatever it was that was going to be said here.

I took it to mean guys that he played with but that isn't necessarily clear. I imagine, because of what you just said about Rodgers, that he was talking about guys he played with.

That clears it up. Thanks.

I think most of the time the first unit was going at almost full speed. Which is common for preseason for established players. They were getting some pressure but not dominating. They did have a pretty good overall preseason. They gave up a couple drives and surely the vast majority of their breakdowns were Darby related. Pittsburgh had one really good long drive against them.

I think that may be a bit of an overstatement. But, oh yeah, that guy! Seems to me he had a terrible game vs Carolina, a good one vs Cleveland, and another terrible one vs Pitts. But, he looked like he could be great in the future. Kept with his man step for step. But, I sure don't want him starting. And at this point, IF McKelvin is back for the opener, can we expect much out of him?

So... why did we move Graham to safety??? Aren't we pretty damn deep at safety in the first place? Wasn't Graham really good at CB last season? Am I the only one who thinks he should be back at CB?

I think that may be a bit of an overstatement. But, oh yeah, that guy! Seems to me he had a terrible game vs Carolina, a good one vs Cleveland, and another terrible one vs Pitts. But, he looked like he could be great in the future. Kept with his man step for step. But, I sure don't want him starting. And at this point, IF McKelvin is back for the opener, can we expect much out of him?

So... why did we move Graham to safety??? Aren't we pretty damn deep at safety in the first place? Wasn't Graham really good at CB last season? Am I the only one who thinks he should be back at CB?

I am not blaming Darby for his play too much although he is clearly not ready. I was saying that most of the breakdowns of the first defense and defensive line were when plays were made against Darby. Not all but the majority.

I am very worried about Indy though, unless TY Hilton is out for a concussion. I don't think in his first game of his career, with Andrew Luck throwing, and with Andre Johnson and Dorsett as the other two WR that Gilmore and Robey will be covering, that Darby is ready to cover Hilton all over the field. It's the one thing that could kill us.

What I don't know is if Rex would start Graham back at CB just for this game or not. I'm sure he will be ready to make that switch if he decides that Darby can handle it with Safety help and just let Gilmore shadow Johnson all over the field. That may be the strategy.