Take the Pledge to Support the Bills' Starting QB

1B4IDie

104 members have voted

1. 1. Will you support the starting Bills' QB through the first 8 weeks of the season?

• Yes, I will give the QB 8 games to play before I call for any changes at QB
    • No, I will call for a new QB whenever I damn well please, forget you stupid pledge.
    • Yes, I will give the QB 4 games to play before I call for any changes at QB

The QB competition is over. The QBs battled and the coaches have picked a winner. OBD has (confirmed) named a starter, Tyrod Taylor.

This offseason has seen an epic number of QB discussions. As fans lets support the winner and not constantly call for the bench or for the team to make a change at QB. At a minuum, Lets all give the QB 8 regular season weeks before we start tearing down anyone's QB opinion.

Repeat after me:

"I pledge to support the starting Bills' QB, no matter who that may be, for the first 8 weeks of the season. I will not belittle or deny their accomplishments. I will not ask for a QB from the bench or on the street to start for the Buffalo Bills.

If I feel that I am pushed into a corner and must respond to a comment that is an unfair or an incorrect comparison of the Bills' QBs, I will simply respond with. "I have pledged to support the Bills starting QB for the first 8 weeks of the regular season. I will withhold any comments on this topic until the starting QB has had time to build a track record in the 2015 season."

If you choose to take this pledge please respond in this thread.

Thank you

Edited by 1B4IDie

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I choose to support whomever Rex and Roman choose for two reasons; 1. Enough already with all the QB bullsh*t, I want a QB to start all 16 (and hopefully more) games and see how he and the team respond as the season progresses, for better or for worse, but given the depth of the projected QB class for 2016 Draft would want them to Draft a QB in 1st or 2nd round no matter what and 2. I want the team to take an identity and that can't happen when the most important position is constantly in flux.

I want to give TD Taylor some time but 8 games is a lot. We pulled EJ after 4 games and the majority didn't seem to upset about not giving him 8 games. I went with whenever I damn well please, but maybe add another button for 4 games

Edited by YattaOkasan

This is silly. Whoever was chosen is on a somewhat short leash. This is a Super Bowl roster. I think TT will do well, but he does not get the luxury of 8 games if he's playing poorly every week.

As an avid Tyrod supporter since he was signed, I can agree that I don't think it's 8 games. I think it's somewhere between 6 and 8 consecutive quarters of poor play.

As an avid Tyrod supporter since he was signed, I can agree that I don't think it's 8 games. I think it's somewhere between 6 and 8 consecutive quarters of poor play.

6 whole quarters?

I want to give TD Taylor some time but 8 games is a lot. We pulled EJ after 4 games and the majority didn't seem to upset about not giving him 8 games. I went with whenever I damn well please, but maybe add another button for 4 games

OK. I added 4 games as an option.

Yes, I believe if we go a game and a half where the QB shows no redeeming qualities the backup will come in. I do not, however, think it is likely that we see a 6 quarter slump.

I agree with this.

I will be patient and say 8 weeks. BUT the caveat is ONLY if he's playing moderate. If he really stinks up the joint then my vote changes to

forget you stupid pledge!

Or up to a time with anything worse than 2-4. If they can't beat the @Titans, Bungles, or Jags in London :blush: :blush:

The Bills should be 2-2 or better in September.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

4 games? Sure, if they start 4-0. 8 games? Again, yes if they start 8-0. I have no problem with whomever is starting providing that Buffalo is winning games. If they start 0-2 AND if it's because of sloppy QB play, yank Taylor and start someone else. I would prefer it be EJ if push comes to shove, but fine with Cassel just the same. For the OP, if you're doing a quote within a quote, you use ' with an extra one of those at the end. Grammar police!