Is Tyrod Taylor a legit fantasy Pick?

TT Fantasy Value??  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you draft TT in a fantasy league?

• Top tier starter - running QBs are the bomb!
    • Late pick up QB1
    • One of the better backups
    • Grab him as a late QB2
    • What are you nuts? Tyrod Taylor???

I've gotten Taylor in the last round of every draft but one -- where he went way earlier (but it was a two QB league). I think he has fantastic fantasy value this year. He's the perfect guy to take late, and either hope he becomes a phenom or at least puts up a couple big weeks early making him good trade bait.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

really easy lesson to learn here never, ever choose with your heart. so I stay away from everything Buffalo usually.

except for recently the defense, Freddy, and Carpenter

I wouldn't touch Taylor or Kaepernick. But, that's just me.

I generally agree, but you can get value on some Bills this year. Have gotten Shady in the 3rd, Sammy as a cheap WR3 in the 7th.

I generally agree, but you can get value on some Bills this year. Have gotten Shady in the 3rd, Sammy as a cheap WR3 in the 7th.

I stayed away from McCoy in all my fantasy team simply because he is playing on a new team with different lineman and an unknown at QB. Sure, we all think he is great now in pre season. But nobody really knows what to expect Sept 13th

Every fantasy board I'm reading says to stay away from both Taylor, and Kaepernick. Then also stay away from Buffalo's receivers with no known QB throwing to them.

After a few games this all could change tho

EDIT: I usually play in ten team leagues, and can still find guys like Dalton, Cutler, Palmer still available. If I were to take a gamble on a young QB it would probably be Bortles or Carr before Taylor

Edited by Nihilarian

You'd have to be insane to draft Tyrod as your QB1. He won't be in the top-15 QBs drafted, even in a Buffalo league. If you must have him, by all means draft him, but get a top-12 QB first.

Could he end up a top-10 QB? Sure. But I'm not betting my season on it. Grab him as a bench player & see where it goes.

I stayed away from McCoy in all my fantasy team simply because he is playing on a new team with different lineman and an unknown at QB. Sure, we all think he is great now in pre season. But nobody really knows what to expect Sept 13th

Every fantasy board I'm reading says to stay away from both Taylor, and Kaepernick. Then also stay away from Buffalo's receivers with no known QB throwing to them.

After a few games this all could change tho

EDIT: I usually play in ten team leagues, and can still find guys like Dalton, Cutler, Palmer still available. If I were to take a gamble on a young QB it would probably be Bortles or Carr before Taylor

Oh yeah, I'm not touching Tyrod either generally, but I may give him a go in FanDuel week one given his price

Oh yeah, I'm not touching Tyrod either generally, but I may give him a go in FanDuel week one given his price

Yup I built my team around his 5k salary.

Tyrod is worth a stash as a backup qb. If he lights it up then you've got a steal. I wouldn't go into the season without a contingency plan.

This is going to seem a little crazy, but I'm thinking of starting TT over Russell Wilson week 1 because the Rams D should be good and the Colts D should be bad. Thoughts?

He torched them in their 1st meeting last year, but it's the only time he's really done so. It's the first game against a tough D in their home. I don't think you're that crazy. I'd have my doubts, too.

I drafted Luck and Taylor. I'm kind of in the same boat.

Edited by LeGOATski

He torched them in their 1st meeting last year, but it's the only time he's really done so. It's the first game against a tough D in their home. I don't think you're that crazy. I'd have my doubts, too.

I drafted Luck and Taylor. I'm kind of in the same boat.

What Bill said below is part of why I'm thinking about going with TT. I saw his stats against the Rams in each game he's played and the first last year was the only good one. This is going to be tough, but in the end, my homer will probably be showing.

I never played fantasy but I predict that TT will rush for over 100 yds. on Sunday.

Yeah, I said that.....more than 100 yds. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

I've been getting Robert Woods in the 3rd to last round. (Last round should always, without question be your kicker. Most years Defense should be your second to last round pick).

I may need to change that to Tyrod.

If he puts up 220 yards passing and 50 yards rushing a game plus whatever 2 TDs. He immediately becomes a Top 10 QB in most scoring formats.

It is a pretty risk move to take him as your QB1, but if you got a super stud at QB1 you may just wait and roll the dice on T-Mobile.

I am in a 12 team league- took a kicker in the next to last round so I had my choice, and took TT with my last... My QB's are Brees, Stafford, TT.... Hoping TT has a lot of success (for multiple reasons) allowing me to offload either of the other two in order to upgrade my starting lineup