QB Tyrod Taylor to start Week 1

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm seeing another geno smith. He's too unproven, stage is too big. You can tell in his interviews. 1TD, 4 picks kind of performance. And coaches making excuses

Next you'll tell us he isn't articulate enough for you.

I'm seeing another geno smith. He's too unproven, stage is too big. You can tell in his interviews. 1TD, 4 picks kind of performance. And coaches making excuses

Wow. I see his interviews totally differently. He seems very grounded and confident in himself. And that's the way he plays too. He looks super calm on the field to me. Don't know where you get Geno Smith. Start from the fact that Geno's teammates don't seem to be in love with him, whereas Tyrod's gush about him (VaTech, Ravens, and now here). No guarantees TT is going to be good, but if he fails, I am very confident it won't be because the stage is too big for him. It will just be because he is not good enough.

I think EJ is working hard to become someone like that, but I don't think it's as natural to him. He often seems to be trying too hard to be the leader type. Not in a bad way, just in a less grounded/mature way than someone like TT. (And I like EJ and am hopeful, if unconvinced, about his future in the league.) Anyway, that's just my read on it. I could be way off.

What about Rex's past gives you confidence in his QB selection ?

Who said I'm confident about Rex's selection? I like what I've seen with my own two eyes from Tyrod.

And while we're at it, what exactly has Rex had to choose from since he's been a HC?