QB Tyrod Taylor to start Week 1

I like Lori's comment:

Lori Chase ‏@LChase_RA 31m31 minutes ago

@TJCutini Well, if they're going with Taylor, guess they don't need to worry as much about keeping an RB who can pick up the blitz.

LOL some truth to that!

I thought it was clear that overall, Taylor was the most consistent and productive QB through TC and preseason. EJM came on strong at the end but still inconsistent, seems to need a bit more work.

Great to see mention of her! I thought about this as well while watching his slowest 40 yrd run Saturday -he's still excellent at pass blocking and catching out of the backfield. But too expensive for now being too slow.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a chance. Tyrod Taylor has zero NFL starts and as much as he's looked great in preseason...it's preseason. He is an unknown as a regular season starting QB.

They couldn't ask for a better situation with a vastly improved Manuel on the bench in case of an injury to Taylor.

I think you misread what I said. You don't think there are teams out there that think EJ has looked good and want to see if OBD has any interest in trading him? Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

I said upthread... I can't envision any team purposefully burning a legit member of the media in this manner by giving a false leak. IMO this is very most likely a legit leak which could have come from a myriad of sources.

Agreed. I think the team leaked the TT news to soften the blow on the release of Fred Jackson. It's a PR move by the team IMO.

If that's true, it's a good thing because if my Monday started with cutting Fred and starting Cassell, someone was going to get hurt.

LOL.. i agree, ANYTHING but Cassel. Tyrod opens up different dimension to offense. I can easily see him producing similarly to Russell Wilson's rookie yr. Improvingas yr progresses and can be HUGE help for those 3rd down conversions. Instead of forcing a low percentage pass, he can scramble to pick it up.

I'll miss fred, but outside of"legacy" element, he made the most sense to cut of the RB's. Shady is gonna be bell cow. Dixon is the grinder for few carries a game and Bryce has played 2nd fiddle to shaddy in Philly and was very producitve when he had the carries. And Karlos Williams is the young guy with great upside and him and Dixon will both be big contributors on special teams which team values alot.

This is 1st yr that we will actually CUT "real" NFL level talent... its a good problem to have..

PS.. i think the cut of Freddy also means the RB preseason injuries are no big deal and all will be fully ready to go. If Shaddy was in doubt week 1, i doubt Freddy gets cut in 1st round of cuts.

God bless Freddy, the ultimate team guy. Just pray not to see him in a uniform of team we play... would feel just too weird! hoping he goes to NFC to a team that can make use of him like possibly Panthers. I could see him being a good fit there and would be feel free to cheer him on!

Hopefully we don't get a bad Tyrod:

"The tie rods are part of the steering system on your vehicle, and one of the items that are adjusted when doing an alignment.

When the tie rod is bad, the first thing that happens is your alignment is out. This will result in premature tire wear and possibly the vehicle pulling to one side while driving.

If the tie rod gets bad enough that it actually breaks, you might suddenly lose control of the steering. Hopefully you won't be in a lot of traffic when that happens."

I wouldn't want the team always running left...

Glazer has lots of relationships with players in the league. My guess is that it is one of the players that leaked it. If it is coming from Glazer you can be certain. If it was elsewhere you may be able to debate it but not coming from him.

I have no doubt Glazer is reporting what he has been told---and is confident in the source. What I'm saying (and apparently doing a poor job of) is that if the leak is coming from outside the Bills organization, it could be a mis-direct or poor lead. Now I don't expect that is what it is, given Glazer didn't say "probably" but reported it as a done deal. But I thought his description of his source was a bit odd.

Edited by The Dean

I have no doubt Glazer is reporting what he has been told---and is confident in the source. What I'm saying (and apparently doing a poor job of) is that if the leak is coming from outside the Bills organization, it could be a mis-direct or poor lead. Now I don't expect that is what it is, given Glazer didn't say "probably" but reported it as a done deal. But I thought his description of his source was a bit odd.

He's always pretty protective of his sources. I think that he and Woj are the two best insiders in all of sports. Glazer doesn't speak as much as some others but when he does, it is accurate. I don't know who his source(s) is (are) but if he says it he is sure.

Is there an article? I went to foxsports and all they had was the Glazer tweet....no mention at all about the source.

I think you misread what I said. You don't think there are teams out there that think EJ has looked good and want to see if OBD has any interest in trading him?

Sorry about that. I think that the Bills would have to be blown away by an offer given how much they've invested (1st rd pick, 2.5 years development time) in Manuel and how much promise he's showing under Roman. Even then, I don't see how you can put that much faith in a QB like Taylor who has never started an NFL game before. Once teams find out trading for EJ Manuel starts with a 1st rd pick (that's what I feel it would start with) then you know the teams who did have interest could never sell that to their fan base.

Makes no sense. Why trade a guy that showed that sort of potential? He's also much more similar to Taylor than Cassel is, from a game planning perspective.

I agree, EJ could be Tannehill-like and take a few years to develop. I just get a feeling he's not Rex's guy and they want to move him while he has value and draft another QB to develop....which gets back to your 'makes no sense' statement. That said, I would not be surprised at all if they announced a trade for a pick.

Is there an article? I went to foxsports and all they had was the Glazer tweet....no mention at all about the source.

Yes, I posted it earlier. I'm sure it got lost in the flurry:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000518335/article/tyrod-taylor-named-bills-starting-qb

I find the description of his source a bit tortured:

"a source informed of the team's thinking"

The man has put in his time being Flacco's understudy so let's give him a chance. Taylor can make plays I just don't see that happening consistently enough however. Plus, he's undersized and likely to get injured at some point. We know Cassell is bad and EJ I don't think will ever be a quality starter in the NFL- more like a long-term career back up in the likes of Charlie Batch.