RB Fred Jackson released

FireChan

I do think the loss of a real leader in the clubhouse could be the real problem. Fred's numbers can be matched or bettered by just about anyone, but you do need quality leader types on the team, and I'm not sure who it will be.

Im not sure who it will be either, but I can tell you it should be the QB like on every other winning team. Now that Tyrod is the man, part of that role is being the leader and taking the reins.

I haven't been scouring every thread. But have people really been saying this? I believe strongly that the Patriots would look at an undervalued asset with something to prove and less tread on his tires than most guys his age. But I'm certainly not hoping for that to happen. It's just an example of how this kind of move might come to haunt the bills, that's all.

It was said at least once yesterday that I am aware of. :sick::thumbdown:

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is that irrational? Seriously.

Because it has no bearing on anything of consequence in any of our lives. It's something that we choose to treat as important for its entertainment value, but it makes no more logical sense than us staking our emotional well being on which and farm in the back yard prevails in an and war.

Because it has no bearing on anything of consequence in any of our lives. It's something that we choose to treat as important for its entertainment value, but it makes no more logical sense than us staking our emotional well being on which and farm in the back yard prevails in an and war.

Okay. I can agree with this.

I'll never forget the schit I took in the shoutbox one time when I said I was going to miss a Bills game because I was going apple picking with my family.

I'll never forget the schit I took in the shoutbox one time when I said I was going to miss a Bills game because I was going apple picking with my family.

Weeks 1-8: Unacceptable

Weeks 8-17: Usually understandable as we've all moved on to next year by that point

:thumbsup:

Don't tell anyone, but I've done the same thing.

You both should be embarrassed. Apple picking on game day?? Unacceptable...

Pears tho...:wub:

I think there are two basic types of football fans: the emotional, and the analytic.

Emotional fans root for the team. They dig character, they paint their faces on Sunday, and they scream, and get drunk. They feel deep pride when their team wins, and cry into their beers when they lose. Their enjoyment of the game originates in the thrill.

The analytic fan follows numbers, and formations. They look at stats, and rewind plays on their DVRs several times in a row to analyze how different players fit into the play. Their enjoyment of the game originates in fascination.

Personally, I ascribe to both motivations, and I don't think they're mutually exclusive-- in fact, I think every fan derives pleasure from some combination of the two. But, I also think that for many people on both sides of the spectrum, the enjoyment of the game is rooted in the very fact that football has no real consequence to the grim realities of daily life. This is why it is the greatest spectator sport of all time: It is endlessly deep, both emotionally, and analytically, without any real consequence. The perfect escape.

I hope you were at least wearing a jersey. Something from one of our cornerbacks would be appropriate foe apple picking, I would think...

I think there are two basic types of football fans: the emotional, and the analytic.

Emotional fans root for the team. They dig character, they paint their faces on Sunday, and they scream, and get drunk. They feel deep pride when their team wins, and cry into their beers when they lose. Their enjoyment of the game originates in the thrill.

The analytic fan follows numbers, and formations. They look at stats, and rewind plays on their DVRs several times in a row to analyze how different players fit into the play. Their enjoyment of the game originates in fascination.

Personally, I ascribe to both motivations, and I don't think they're mutually exclusive-- in fact, I think every fan derives pleasure from some combination of the two. But, I also think that for many people on both sides of the spectrum, the enjoyment of the game is rooted in the very fact that football has no real consequence to the grim realities of daily life. This is why it is the greatest spectator sport of all time: It is endlessly deep, both emotionally, and analytically, without any real consequence. The perfect escape.

I hope you were at least wearing a jersey. Something from one of our cornerbacks would be appropriate foe apple picking, I would think...

That's what you think. I had to call in sick yesterday.

I wear a Bills jersey every Sunday during the regular season. As a matter of fact, I have a picture of my wife, son and me on my desk from one of our apple picking excursions ... and I'm wearing my EJ jersey and a Bills hat.

Don't tell anyone, but I've done the same thing.

You two have so much in common, it warms the heart.

haven't posted in years but i wanted to express my appreciation for fred jackson's work as a buffalo bill.

thank you mr. jackson, freddy. we loved to cheer for you and we still will, wherever you go. Seeing you persevere from d3 to nfl europe to the practice squad to one of the best in the league was inspiring and helped me better understand what being a professional was; whatever your task. I have more pride in myself and my work having seen your dedication and its rewards. More than any monetary reward, though was the obvious self respect you have and how that helped propel you to the top of an extremely difficult profession. thank you again

I am confused Rex Ryan says the team is not better without Fred Jackson. The rest of the organization says we are in "win now" mode. Those seem like conflicting views.

I think that was a politically expedient things for Rex to say which he might not repeat of he had a do-over

I think that was a politically expedient things for Rex to say which he might not repeat of he had a do-over

No, the quote makes sense when you get the entire thing and the message he's trying to convey.

Cuts are tough. Teams with good rosters and a load of talent at specific positions have to let good players go due to the numbers game (the quantity of each position kept).

It doesnt necessarily mean they let him go over a weaker player.

As I have been saying all along, Whaley is a piece of **** wholly and entirely driven by his ego...to the detriment of everything else, including the team.

Bucky Gleason @TBNbucky

@Fred22Jackson on GM Doug Whaley: "Theres only one person in that organization that I havent gotten honesty from, and that was him.

Your crusade needs to stop. Whaley didn't make this call on his own. Stop crusading.

Your crusade needs to stop. Whaley didn't make this call on his own. Stop crusading.

The crusade is you, sweetheart. Back off. You troll my every post with the same drivel. Either contribute constructively or I report you. Capice?

Edited by negativo