Preseason relativity: how do other team's offenses look?

Was watching Oak - Zona last night. Both QB looked pretty durn bad. Palmer wasn't helped by his OL, but he looked pretty hapless when he had time. Carr didn't look so good either. Bradford and the Iggles have looked good - but Bradford has a history of looking good in preseason.

So wondering, for those of you that can't wait and watch a lot of preseason football - how have other offenses looked?

I've watched just about every preseason game, there have been some bad offenses. Seattle hasn't scored a TD with their first team offense. Denver has looked bad too. On the flip side the Eagles have looked very strong. The Jest looked pretty good and moved the ball well against the Giants. The Dolphins looked good the first 2 weeks and then against Atlanta they had some problems.

I've watched just about every preseason game, there have been some bad offenses. Seattle hasn't scored a TD with their first team offense. Denver has looked bad too. On the flip side the Eagles have looked very strong. The Jest looked pretty good and moved the ball well against the Giants. The Dolphins looked good the first 2 weeks and then against Atlanta they had some problems.

The Jets were 1 of 2 teams in week 1 to have less than 200 yards of total offense. They seem to be hit or miss

The Jets were 1 of 2 teams in week 1 to have less than 200 yards of total offense. They seem to be hit or miss

Yea I don't put much stock in their performance against the Giants, the Giants defense looks bad. Fitz did have a couple nice throws though and Ivory looks good.

KC has looked really good. The Charles/maclin/Kelce trio is fantastic.

They've had some trouble in the RedZone from what I've seen. Chase Daniels has had more success than Smith but they will lean heavily on Kelce, again.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

I went to the Carolina-Fins game. The Dolphins' 1st and 2nd team D was firing on all cylinders.

I went to the Carolina-Fins game. The Dolphins' 1st and 2nd team D was firing on all cylinders.

Yea they have looked solid. Their LB's still look bad.

Giants starting offense has been atrocious. Their OL might be the worst in the league.

Agreed and teams are starting to frustrate Beckham Jr.

God help this board if a Buffalo QB ever did that. Even EJ's pick 6 to Watt and Tuel's brain fart against KC don't compare.

Not to relive a horror show, but there's a LOT of blame to go around on that play.

#66 Henderson never even LOOKS at Watt until he's past him.

#84 Chandler doesn't chip Watt - he just takes off blindly downfield.

And even #22 Freddy runs around and away from Watt on that play. Maybe he gave up after figuring he was smacking Watt enough and someone else should lend a hand, or a shoulder, or a farging body. Actually, he ran to the flat and was the target of EJ's toss on that play. Still, he could have chipped Watt to slow him down.

EJ had zero protection on that play from Watt who was hammering him all day long and came in untouched to crush it.

EJ takes the blame for not lobbing the ball a little higher to get over Watt, but he's not the only one that !@#$ed up on that play.

I also blame the coaches for not coaching the O to account for Watt on every play.

Edited by Nanker

The next great QB the Bills missed on (Carr) made one of the worst professional football plays as a QB I've ever seen. I'm sure the video is on NFL.com -- look for "pick 6."

That one was WAY worse than the Tuel/KC-EJ/Watt picks. Good Lord!

Green Bay? N'Orleans? Chargers? Thanks!

Yea they have looked solid. Their LB's still look bad.

Agreed and teams are starting to frustrate Beckham Jr.

I think this could be a big problem for him. He seems to run a little hot anyways, and if things go badly this year (i.e. the offense is bad, his targets go down because Cruz is back), he'll be hearing a ton of corners telling him how overrated he is. Hell, during OTA's there was an article out about how Beckham was publicly complaining that his teammates were teasing him about being soft for having lingering injuries. Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Green Bay? N'Orleans? Chargers? Thanks!

Tough to tell with Green Bay and N'Orleans as Rodgers and Brees haven't played much. Ingram has looked good in extended duty and Cooks looks like the reliever N'Orleans was hoping for last year, before he was injured. Rivers played in his first preseason game this weekend, he looked good. Targeted Stevie a bunch. Edited by Wayne Cubed

Tough to tell with Green Bay and N'Orleans as Rodgers and Brees haven't played much. Ingram has looked good in extended duty and Cooks looks like the reliever N'Orleans was hoping for last year, before he was injured. Rivers played in his first preseason game this weekend, he looked good. Targeted Stevie a bunch.

stevie looks great

langford looks like a nice pick but the Kevin white injury and Alshon on the shelf both hurt

Bears should pick up whoever we cut at WR - but it won't matter with them behind by 3 scores and having to pass with no one at home at RT. The worst starting inside linebacker pair in the NFL and a poor secondary means playing from behind. Every game. Cutler will be down within 5 games

Tough to tell with Green Bay and N'Orleans as Rodgers and Brees haven't played much. Ingram has looked good in extended duty and Cooks looks like the reliever N'Orleans was hoping for last year, before he was injured. Rivers played in his first preseason game this weekend, he looked good. Targeted Stevie a bunch.

Thanks!

If you watched other teams play the Steelers this preseason then you would have seen much better QB play all preseason long.

From the Stillers or from Minn, Jax, and GB?

The Browns looked MUCH better last week against Tampa than they did against us or Washington, though McCown was playing with a reckless abandon that will leave him sidelined with injury in week 3.

On the flip side Tampa looked like a wreck, their oline is bad and running game may be non-existent

Edited by Chuck Wagon