Fan who fell to death at Yankees game died booing A-Rod

truth on hold

More curse of the bambino?

The 60-year-old man who fell to his death from the upper deck at Turner Field in Atlanta on Saturday night was a passionate Braves fan who spent his final moments booing Alex Rodriguez, according to witnesses and a statement from the team.

http://nypost.com/2015/08/30/fan-who-fell-to-death-at-yankees-game-died-booing-a-rod/

"I must be in the front row!"

Too soon? I know tasteless. But man, sad and tragic... What the hell was he thinking! One second he is booing A-Rod and the next he's laying next to a guy in a lower section aisle. Would have been more tragic if he would have taken another out... WHICH leads to this:

The aisles in stadiums usually line up. He had to come down to the upper deck rail and that's where he fell... From aisle to aisle. If it was purely not his fault, he would have been in a seat section and landed on another seat section, possibly killing another person!

Whenever I go to Astros games, I go with someone who has season tickets on the front row of the balcony. The railing is about 4 feet high, so there's no possible way you can fall unless you're being a complete ass. Don't know what Turner Field is like though, but I'm sure there's some sort of regulation. Sad either way.

Whenever I go to Astros games, I go with someone who has season tickets on the front row of the balcony. The railing is about 4 feet high, so there's no possible way you can fall unless you're being a complete ass. Don't know what Turner Field is like though, but I'm sure there's some sort of regulation. Sad either way.

Exactly! I think OSHA requirments are 39" to 44"... I am not sure if that applies to stadiums. @ the lock I work @, the old railings of 30" were granfathered, BUT upon major dewatering/rehab, we were ordered to replace them and be compliant. This past winter we replaced all the original railings w/aluminum "SpeedRail" @ 42 inches. Cost: About 100k just for material... Over 2,000' of railing.

The OSHA Safety logic is, with the old low railings, people tend to sit on them and can fall back. @ 39" 44" it is super duper hard to get a fat ass to rest on one... Unless you are Minute Bol...

FWIW.

nope, was watching it at the time.

Thanks. I saw it on twitter, and the first report said they delayed the game 8-10 minutes.

I was then listening to the Yankees broadcast during the 9th inning, and it was never mentioned. John Sterling even gave out the attendance when the number was given to the press, and did his usual "what a great crowd" etc. You'd think nothing at all happened.

At that point, I was thinking they had stopped the game due to what I saw on twitter.

I can see a little bit of the business as usual approach of John and Suzyn if they didn't stop the game. But, it was still weird.

I've been on the upper deck of that stadium and I remember standing at that rail feeling really creeped out. I don't do well with heights anyway, but I couldn't believe that little rail was the only barrier to that steep of a drop. I wasn't at all surprised by the story. I'm kind of surprised it doesn't happen more often.

that's the third guy, they need to do something about the safety in that stadium.

You can't protect human error... Even bubble wrap a guy up in a room full of clouds and some guy would find a way to kill himself. Probably choking on the bubble wrap. Then we would need to find a way to make bubble wrap safe... Wait what?

Edited by Beef Jerky