Making a Case for Cassel

Stads

If I'm being 100% honest about it, there's a part of me that hopes TT and EJ both play great in the next game and that Cassel screws the pooch. If Cassel is named starter, it will take some of the wind out of my sails. At least for a few days, until I convince myself that he's the right choice because...GO BILLS!

If I'm being 100% honest about it, there's a part of me that hopes TT and EJ both play great in the next game and that Cassel screws the pooch. If Cassel is named starter, it will take some of the wind out of my sails. At least for a few days, until I convince myself that he's the right choice because...GO BILLS!

If cassel is the starter he doesn't make it past game 9 (physically).

Ummmm. No ?

34 ints to go with his 30 tds last 4 years.

It's funny how certain narratives are taken as gospel. There is nothing inherently safer about going with Cassel. The Bills have played it safe at QB for years and it never worked. Of course now you have more weapons, but you are limiting them with conservative QB play. I say go big or go home with Tyrod.

It's funny how certain narratives are taken as gospel. There is nothing inherently safer about going with Cassel. The Bills have played it safe at QB for years and it never worked. Of course now you have more weapons, but you are limiting them with conservative QB play. I say go big or go home with Tyrod.

Guess experience on the resume means something. 2010 was an amazing year for him.

Don't see any "consistency" though. ABC is all I say. Anyone but Cassel.

There really is little to no case for Cassel to start. Playing him says that the Bills' think they have a better defense than the 85 Bears, SB Champ Ravens, and a few other historically GREAT defenses.

There is about a 1 in 1000 chance that this team goes far in the playoffs with Matt Cassel at QB. First, Cassel has played well in only 2 of 10 seasons and 0 of the last 4 seasons. Secondly, it is RARE for a team to win the SB with a journeyman QB.

Lest anyone think that I believe that Tyrod Taylor or EJ Manuel are much better options - i don't. However, at least with both you have SOME chance that they will improve with experience.

There really is little to no case for Cassel to start. Playing him says that the Bills' think they have a better defense than the 85 Bears, SB Champ Ravens, and a few other historically GREAT defenses.

There is about a 1 in 1000 chance that this team goes far in the playoffs with Matt Cassel at QB. First, Cassel has played well in only 2 of 10 seasons and 0 of the last 4 seasons. Secondly, it is RARE for a team to win the SB with a journeyman QB.

Lest anyone think that I believe that Tyrod Taylor or EJ Manuel are much better options - i don't. However, at least with both you have SOME chance that they will improve with experience.

and there is the rub.

TT and EJM have limited exp. They have have very different coaching experiences . But really they are both vessels of potential as compared to our beloved Matt

Some guys value more experience.

I prefer raw talent.

Lets not get sidetracked .

we are still talking football here.

But even though the Bills are built to win now ( fan phrase ) i think the team should be looking long term still. TT and or EJM are investments that may or may not provide early rewards. I am torn honestly with who to start.

I think Roman prefers Cassel because he feels he can "out coach" the opposing DC with a safe, consistent QB. It could be considered a coach's conceit. It will probably work for a bit, but the bag of tricks better be deep.

A guy like Tyrod can take the game away from an OC.

If Astro is leaning to Cassel, I can respect his opinion (for now)

He's not. He said he believes the coaches are. He prefers Tyrod.

IMO the Bills pick MC to start the year!

I think they buck the trend of not playing 2 QBs and start by giving TT a little under 1/3 of the snaps and adjust as the games go on! (I am worried about TT staying healthy)

I also think MC is gone in a year or two and they draft a QB and have a three QB battle again with TT and EJ

again just my thoughts

Go Bills!!!

Greg Gabriel weighs in on Tyrod Taylor.

"I have not seen him make a poor throw in the first two games. While Taylor will never be mistaken for the likes of Aaron Rodgers or Andrew Luck, he can be similar to Michael Vick in his prime. If that happens, the Buffalo Bills may well be the surprise team of the AFC in 2015!..."

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/is-tyrod-taylor-the-answer-at-quarterback-for-the-buffalo-bills/

Edited by jeffismagic