Making a Case for Cassel

Stads

If you were Greg Roman, tell me why you'd want Matt Cassel to be your starting quarterback.

P.S. I do apologize for adding another QB thread into the mix. The mods can feel free to get rid of this if needed.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

veteran QB with enough experience that he may:

• correctly recognize the defensive reaction to an offensive personnel package, formation, motion
  • identify how and where pass rush may be applied to aid Center in setting pass protection
  • adhere to gameplan/coaching points in regard to reading anticipated options
  • follow his intuition when defense doesn't react as expected and play breaks down
oh yeah.. and he looks like he's been there.. done that :)

oh yeah part two.. I'm making the case why Roman might want him as his starter.. I'd prefer Taylor #1 and Manual #2, because those are the attributes a veteran should bring.. but there's no 'magic' there, and I like playmakers

Edited by BackInDaDay

Mistake free football

Better find a different QB then Cassel John. Cassel's td//int ratio 1.37, EJ's 1.33. Furthermore when counting all turnovers ( ints+fumbles) Cassel's ratio is .81 TDs per turnover EJ's ratio is .84. Cassel had 7 turnovers ( 4 ints and 3 fumbles) last year and only 3 TDs. EJ last year had 4 turnovers( 3 ints and 1 fumble) and had 5 Tds plus 1 rushing TD. Cassel plays anything but mistake free football.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

A good reason:

The Bills don't need a playmaker (Taylor) at quarterback.

They need someone that can get it to the playmakers (McCoy, Clay, Watkins, Harvin,)

This really looks like the design doesn't it?

But has Tyrod forced Roman to reconsider and add yet another threat in a real R-O QB?

Stay tuned if so then EJ might be his second and Matt a solid and confident third

I think th QB selection will be less about "why Cassel" and more about "why not TT or EJ"

THats gotta be the case honestly. They may well need to usurpand overturn the initial concepts coming into OTA and camp. Everyone was new to each other and the design was conceptual.

boots on the ground show some serious " hey maybe we could... ".

Damn this gets more interestinger all the time.

veteran QB with enough experience that he may:

• correctly recognize the defensive reaction to an offensive personnel package, formation, motion
  • identify how and where pass rush may be applied to aid Center in setting pass protection
  • adhere to gameplan/coaching points in regard to reading anticipated options
  • follow his intuition when defense doesn't react as expected and play breaks down

oh yeah.. and he looks like he's been there.. done that :)

Well thats exactly what he brings> and he can do that very well i might wager.

But...

The main reason I think they might prefer Cassel is because of his extensive veteran experience.

Basically, it should be harder for defenses to confuse Cassel than it will be to confuse either of the other guys.

And he is less likely to make the dumb mental mistakes that younger players make.

Wow, great to see resounding fan support for Matt Cassel. Hope Roman knows what hes doing, if Cassel is truly his guy.

Roman knows what he is doing. I dont even think twice about that anymore. Just listen to the guy. There is a damned good reason he was considered for HC.

Thank Pegula we roped him in!!!

We do have one of the best coaching staffs in the NFL and maybe the best Bills have ever had

Greg Roman know what he is doing!

we fans and media do not. simple as that.

which is freaking awesome

Go Bills !

The main reason I think they might prefer Cassel is because of his extensive veteran experience.

Basically, it should be harder for defenses to confuse Cassel than it will be to confuse either of the other guys.

And he is less likely to make the dumb mental mistakes that younger players make.

Allow me to query this then> is Rex one of the best defensive minds? Then he should be able to teach defense day in day out to his offense.

again.

a simple equation proving out we are bound for the super bowl.

if Bills can be consistent and reliable in the assignments given.

hate you use a Marrone ism. But in the end it really is about execution

3rdand12 this is what I'm hoping for. :thumbsup:

All in good time my pretties. All in good time.

If you were Greg Roman, tell me why you'd want Matt Cassel to be your starting quarterback.

P.S. I do apologize for adding another QB thread into the mix. The mods can feel free to get rid of this if needed.

Very easy... Tyrod Taylor, he can do everything Meh can do but he can also run and extend plays. Longer you give our playmakers more open they will become.