Bills #1 Overhyped Team For 2015? Nick Kostos Thinks So

H2o

http://www.sportsline.com/insiders/25276845/the-most-overhyped-overvalued-nfl-teams-heading-into-2015

I've just about had it with people talking up the Bills as a playoff team, or even more laughably, a threat to usurp the Patriots atop the AFC East.

I believe the kids coined a response for that sort of statement: LOL!

We shall see Nick, we shall see. Dude comes off as a closet Patriot nut-hugger.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who is talking about the Bills surpassing the pats?? This guys friends who are Bills fans? I have not seen many National guys saying the Bills are better than the Pats...maybe the Bills are a playoff team.

I know one guy who says the Bills will win the division. That former FB who played for the Saints. I can't remember his name.

Well, I wasted my time reading that.

His reason is the bad QB situation. Not surprising.

He says the Bills won't even sniff the playoffs...even though the sniffed the playoffs last year with basically the same QB situation and a worse OC....

Who the $%^# is Nick Kostos?

Some guy who gives advice on sports picks and projections, apparently....

I wonder what he gets paid...maybe I need to rethink my career choice.

While I don't necessarily agree with the guy's conclusion about the Bills chances to make the post season, I get his point. The Bills are a press favorite because of Rex's personality. As a head coach, and especially with a team with a poor offense, Rex is a bust. IMO, he did the worst coaching job in the NFL last year, and was close to the bottom the year before.

But we also have Roman, which really hasn't been a focus of the hype, but should figure in to anyone giving honest predictions of the Bills' chances this year.

I'm just hoping Rex learns from his mistakes in NY and improves in his second go-round. Others have done it. I have to root for him, as he is the HC of my favorite team. But let's face it, as a head coach the guy's reputation far exceeds his success-to-date.

Edited by The Dean

who is talking about the Bills surpassing the pats?? This guys friends who are Bills fans? I have not seen many National guys saying the Bills are better than the Pats...maybe the Bills are a playoff team.

Exactly, in fact I didn't think the Bills were being talked about as much of a playoff contender outside of the fanbase.

While I don't necessarily agree with the guy's conclusion about the Bills chances to make the post season, I get his point. The Bills are a press favorite because of Rex's personality. As a head coach, and especially with a team with a poor offense, Rex is a bust. IMO, he did the worst coaching job in the NFL last year, and was close to the bottom the year before.

But we also have Roman, which really hasn't been a focus of the hype, but should figure in to anyone giving honest predictions of the Bills' chances this year.

I'm just hoping Rex learns from his mistakes in NY and improves in his second go-round. Others have done it. I have to root for him, as he is the HC of my favorite team. But let's face it, as a head coach the guy's reputation far exceeds his success-to-date.

Is what happened to the Jets fault Rex's issue or the GM who let talent bleed away. Who knows, probably both?

Rex is the first legitimate NFL coach in Buffalo in over a decade. I think he and Whaley are on the same page. Let's hope so.

Is what happened to the Jets fault Rex's issue or the GM who let talent bleed away. Who knows, probably both?

Rex is the first legitimate NFL coach in Buffalo in over a decade. I think he and Whaley are on the same page. Let's hope so.

My point is, I know Rex is a legitimate NFL DC. But I'm not sure Rex is a legitimate NFL head coach. I really, really, really hope I'm wrong.

I'm normally in agreement with your POV Dean but not only was Rex not near the bottom of the league in 2013, I'd say he might have done the best coaching job of his career that year. Getting that Jets team to 8-8 was a fantastic job. My jaw drops open at anybody who thinks that was a poor job.

As for last year I won't disagree that he did a poor job but I'd say that it's very tough to do a good job when you're a dead man walking the entire season.

:lol: I didn't see that. That sounds like my homer prediction.

I think he's seeing similarities in the Andy Reid/KC scenario.

New HC going to a team with a lot of talent and they surprise everyone. Reid also employs a great running scheme (one that McCoy did well in).

Only difference is that they brought in Alex Smith, who I think was performing better than any of our QBs have...

We are over hyped, but I also think our QBs are getting knocked down way more than they should. All three have played well in preseason, and it is pretty easy to argue that the QB position will be more productive than last year, not matter which 3 get picked.

All those sports talking heads that act like we have the worst QBs, that there are 28 backup QBs that are better than all our QBs, and so on are all very wrong in my book.

But I think the hype with the excitement for the team has been pretty crazy. Not as much with the talking heads, but nfl fans in general just seem to have gotten into the hype, not just bills fans.

I'm normally in agreement with your POV Dean but not only was Rex not near the bottom of the league in 2013, I'd say he might have done the best coaching job of his career that year. Getting that Jets team to 8-8 was a fantastic job. My jaw drops open at anybody who thinks that was a poor job.

As for last year I won't disagree that he did a poor job but I'd say that it's very tough to do a good job when you're a dead man walking the entire season.

I don't think he was a dead man walking last season---he shot himself. Admittedly the GM did him no favors. But if really was the GM, why did Rex try so hard to keep that job? He was THE hottest HC prospect in the offseason. Why would someone want to keep a job if they feel they are being undermined by their boss, when they have many other options? I'm sorry, I just can't believe their fate was all on the GM.

As hard as we are on Marrone and Hackett (with reason) I think they did a better job of coaching than Rex did to get that team to 8-8. Basically the same circumstances, no?

We are over hyped, but I also think our QBs are getting knocked down way more than they should. All three have played well in preseason, and it is pretty easy to argue that the QB position will be more productive than last year, not matter which 3 get picked.

No doubt. I'm not going to go crazy with optimism based on a couple preseason games. But the Bills QBs are a total train wreck as many have proclaimed--and continue to, it seems.