Tyrod Taylor Confidence Meter

Tyrod Taylor Confidence Meter  

290 members have voted

1. 1. What are the chances that Tyrod Taylor can become a "franchise" QB in 2015?

Please define for me what a "franchise QB" is. I'm not trying to be a turd, but I have always struggled with this. Does this mean like top 5 QB in the NFL? Does it mean worthy of being Buffalo's starting QB for the foreseeable future? Help me out.

It's a metaphor for unattainable perfection that we believe we will achieve if we keep looking for flaws in others.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think things will change as teams game plan for what he can do, and it will take some really great skills / luck to be a successful running QB in the NFL.

Newton has learned to be a decent pocket QB while Kaepernick & RG3 have not. Wilson is in a class all by himself.

I think nobody really knows if TT can survive even a regular season game against a good defense, much less a season.

I put him in the 76% to 99% range.

I think he has a 3 out of 4 shot at "sticking" and being "the guy" in Buffalo, which seems to jive with the OP's notion of what a franchise QB is.

Tyrod is improving DAILY and he is said to be quite smart; he learns. He is also loaded with talent.

There was also a time when an unproven guy was just a back-up for a star goalie in the NHL. The unproven guy was unorthodox and a bit awkward.

That guy was Dominek Hasek. It took lots of people a while to realize he was good too.

I think things will change as teams game plan for what he can do, and it will take some really great skills / luck to be a successful running QB in the NFL.

Newton has learned to be a decent pocket QB while Kaepernick & RG3 have not. Wilson is in a class all by himself.

I think nobody really knows if TT can survive even a regular season game against a good defense, much less a season.

Actually I think it will be just the opposite. The guys who will be shut down are EJ and Cassel b/c their bag of tricks is limited. Tyrod's ability to make something from nothing and ad lib with pure athleticism is what will keep him productive in the league.

No, no, no! If we accept TT then the franchise QB will never come. We must wait for the franchise QB. He will come if we only deny all others.

There was a post on here the other day that said they hope Tyrod doesn't lead them to the Super Bowl because then they will stop trying to find a franchise QB.

I would like to point out, again, that game planning against Taylor means *not* sending those blitz packages that you usually can't get away with unless your skill players are shot.

right - simply saying "well, teams will just game plan against it" is also saying that they will need to give in elsewhere. McCoy? Watkins? Clay? Committing to stopping TT's legs opens up other things.

I'd like to point out that on 6 preseason possessions (regardless of who he played with or against), Tyrod has led the offense to the Red Zone 4 times and came away with 17 points. Could have been 20 if he didn't take that bad sack last night, but hopefully that was a learning moment. And 2 of those possessions consisted of 10+ plays and 50+ yards.

It's a toss up. 50%. I really like him.

ill say a 26-50% if he stays healthy that he can be middle of the pack, and health is a concern so i put him in the lowest bracket, but i do feel better about him as time goes.

Edited by NoSaint

You would to behind that backup o-line.

It is not an observation that was solely made on last nights game though.

ill say a 26-50% if he stays healthy that he can be middle of the pack, and health is a concern so i put him in the lowest bracket, but i do feel better about him as time goes.

Yeah. Taylor just has SO MUCH upside compared to the other two. It isn't even close. I just hope the front office and coaching staff are more forward thinking about this then just handing the job over to Cassell because of some dinosaur old school way of thinking like Cassell has "VETRIN PRESENTS", "can manage an offense and will limit turnovers" that's why we are going with him.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Yeah. Taylor just has SO MUCH upside compared to the other two. It isn't even close. I just hope the front office and coaching staff are more forward thinking about this then just handing the job over to Cassell because of dinosaur old school way of thinking like Cassell has "VETRIN PRESENTS", "can manage an offense and will limit turnovers" that's why we are going with him.

i think you are crazy to think that the upside of tyrod is SO MUCH more than EJ. perhaps you think hes more likely to hit it, but to say the potential is a wide gap in favor of TT seems to be completely missing what a prototype specimen EJ could be if he can maximize his ability.

i think you are crazy to think that the upside of tyrod is SO MUCH more than EJ. perhaps you think hes more likely to hit it, but to say the potential is a wide gap in favor of TT seems to be completely missing what a prototype specimen EJ could be if he can maximize his ability.

Big and strong means very little with the success or failure of EJ Manuel.

we must define the word "upside" differently.

Escape ability, pocket presence, running ability (read option), accuracy, intelligence, mechanics. I see a night and day difference in their upside especially in terms of versatitly and dynamic ability in which he can bring to Romans offense. It isn't even close for me.