EJ deserves time on the field with first team offense.

gsurdam

Rex and Roman surely must have some idea of who they are thinking about going with. It will have a huge impact on the style of offense they can run.

I guarantee that they already have a pecking order in their heads. That doesn't mean it can't change between now and week 1, but I am quite sure they already have their minds mostly made up.

They keep saying they don't because there is no advantage to them naming a starter right now. It can't really help them. It is more likely to backfire or at least create even more controversy.

Exactly, I'm fairly certain Tyrod is the guy Rex wants. I don't know about the others.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was. In fact, he said that "when he had time to throw he was outstanding."

We'll then I'm sure the press conference will be tomorrow to announce him as the week 1 starter. Stop looking for reasons. He's not gonna start for the Buffalo Bills. Your pulling so hard for him it does not make sense

Are you going to come back and admit you didn't know what you were talking about when Rex names EJ the starter against the Steelers? Because if EJ really is the 3rd string QB in Rex's eyes then there is no way he'd make him the starter just to confuse the Colts.

Yeah I would but I know it's not gonna happen. He's not a starting qb in this league. I've known that for a long time and all the pro scouts have known that since before the draft.

anyone else re-watch the end of that game on NFL network today? like usual, EJ looked pretty bad except 1-2 nice plays. the guy is a career backup, it ain't happening. he might end up playing for the Jaguars or something some day and the starter will get hurt and he will come in and do decent and make a couple of nice plays. but he's no starter. I think they need to start Tyrod again and see how he does. it's his job to lose. if he plays well then let him start week 1. if not then Cassel is the fallback plan

1 or 2?!?!? He had 5 CLUTCH throws on the last drive alone!

The rest of the time he was avoiding untouched rushers and trying not to get killed behind that pop warner OL.

Look, Im not saying EJ is a franchise QB, only that given that we knew he was a project coming into the league, and this being his 3rd year, in a much better offense, and with showing some improvement, there is no reason to not give him a chance.

The best thing that could happen to this team is that both EJ and Tyrod start to come around. Why give up on one just because Marrone did?

We'll then I'm sure the press conference will be tomorrow to announce him as the week 1 starter. Stop looking for reasons. He's not gonna start for the Buffalo Bills. Your pulling so hard for him it does not make sense

It doesn't make sense because unlike you I'm not insulting you. I'm just using quotes and facts. I'm not interested in bringing you down. You're a bills fan, we root for the same team. I think you should perhaps be a little more polite and a little more informed before trying to tell us how it is.

Yeah I would but I know it's not gonna happen. He's not a starting qb in this league. I've known that for a long time and all the pro scouts have known that since before the draft.

Do you want to know what the pro scouts said about Tyrod Taylor?

Wouldn't you think Roman would like Tyrod too? Given that he is big on the running game and coached with Kap?

You mean the QB who was asked to stand in the pocket last year and struggled and ultimately lead to Roman lose his job in San Fran?

I don't know. The Cole report makes me wonder who the Cassel guys are. Is it Roman or Lee or Palmer? I don't know. At the same time your thought makes a lot of sense.

Palmer isn't working with the QBs from what I understand and Lee might be a position coach but don't value his input as much as would Roman's.

The rest of the time he was avoiding untouched rushers and trying not to get killed behind that pop warner OL.

Look, Im not saying EJ is a franchise QB, only that given that we knew he was a project coming into the league, and this being his 3rd year, in a much better offense, and with showing some improvement, there is no reason to not give him a chance.

The best thing that could happen to this team is that both EJ and Tyrod start to come around. Why give up on one just because Marrone did?

Some people are driven to NOT see what EJ is doing now. Because it completely goes against their well-entrenched bias. It's like they want EJ's head on a pike for not playing up to his draft pick. (You know, they one we "traded up" for?) Again, to be clear, TT should be the starter, but EJ is getting better under Roman. Good enough to keep around.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

It doesn't make sense because unlike you I'm not insulting you. I'm just using quotes and facts. I'm not interested in bringing you down. You're a bills fan, we root for the same team. I think you should perhaps be a little more polite and a little more informed before trying to tell us how it is.

Your right I apologize no reason to fight I'm just baffled that so many people after 15 years of no playoffs are routing for a mediocre qb to start for us again. Tyrod is exciting to watch and has traits that we as bills fans have not seen in a very long time. Last nights preseason game was the most watched preseason game ever in WNY and it wasn't because of EJ Manuel. EJS stats have always been blah and just because he tossed a few 4th quarter tds in preseason does not earn him the right to start for a team hungry for a playoff run.

Stop letting what actually happened on the field get in the way of a good narrative.

My man, go back to coming here just to read the news.

This has nothing to do with being a nice guy. Working hard, and seeing it payoff, is definitely what earns people chances.

The opinion of 1 NFL "coach" who is now an assistant on the worst team in the NFL doesnt sway me. This staff has kept him around so they havent given up on him yet.

I gotta admit. This was very good.

You mean the QB who was asked to stand in the pocket last year and struggled and ultimately lead to Roman lose his job in San Fran?

Palmer isn't working with the QBs from what I understand and Lee might be a position coach but don't value his input as much as would Roman's.

Yeah, I guess it is more which coach is backing which QB? Rex is almost certainly Tyrod from the reports and his general giddiness (if that's a word). The rest of the coaches I just don't know nor do I know how much say they have. Metz, is saying that Roman is a Cassel guy and that would be consistent (at least potentially) with the Cole report.

Ultimately, will Rex make the decision? Roman? Lee?

Are you talking about the same pro scouts that said Bridgewater wasn't gonna make it in the NFL?

He was a 1st round pick and going into his last year was projected as the 1st overall pick. That's probably not the best example (Romo or Brady would be better examples).

Your right I apologize no reason to fight I'm just baffled that so many people after 15 years of no playoffs are routing for a mediocre qb to start for us again. Tyrod is exciting to watch and has traits that we as bills fans have not seen in a very long time. Last nights preseason game was the most watched preseason game ever in WNY and it wasn't because of EJ Manuel. EJS stats have always been blah and just because he tossed a few 4th quarter tds in preseason does not earn him the right to start for a team hungry for a playoff run.

His right? What about his left?

I think EJ will become a starter when he finds a way to turn more of the broken plays into big plays for his team.

One of the things you notice in great quarterbacks is that they make a lot of big plays after the pocket has broken down and after they have been flushed out of it or after they have been pressured some other way. When I see EJ under pressure and he manages to avoid the first guy coming at him, I start to think "Come on man....hit somebody down field, coverage never sticks with their receivers that well when the quarterback is trying to avoid a sack"

And instead of throwing that deep ball to his one on one receiver downfield, he kind of looks like he gets confused. He takes a step and often times gets sacked.

He did face some wicked pressure yesterday up till his last drive. And instead of making plays (well he did make one run for a first down in the first series) he took sacks or scrapped the play. That isn't what a good quarterback does. That isn't what a determined to win at all costs quarterback does.

You can't expect a perfect pocket every time. It isn't going to happen in this NFL. You have to be able to beat guys half the time they pressure you. He isn't very good at that at all in my opinion. IF he was good at that, I think he would be a starter and this team could win with him regularly.

Yeah, I guess it is more which coach is backing which QB? Rex is almost certainly Tyrod from the reports and his general giddiness (if that's a word). The rest of the coaches I just don't know nor do I know how much say they have. Metz, is saying that Roman is a Cassel guy and that would be consistent (at least potentially) with the Cole report.

Ultimately, will Rex make the decision? Roman? Lee?

He was a 1st round pick and going into his last year was projected as the 1st overall pick. That's probably not the best example (Romo or Brady would be better examples).

That would be very disappointing.