EJ deserves time on the field with first team offense.

gsurdam

Pettine knows exactly how to beat EJ, yet failed. Weird.

Fair enough. But let me ask you this. If the Bills played EJ all day and Cleveland played Manziel all day, which team would have ended up with the most points at the end of the game?

If you honestly think the Bills would have won then I get your point. I don't see how anyone could think that. I am confident that the Bills would have lost that game by more than 7.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If by "escaped a lot" you mean he avoided getting sacked yet failed to turn it into a positive play then I guess I agree with you. That is my beef with the guy. If you step up into the pocket to avoid a sack, how about completing a pass or tucking the ball and running for positive progress. That rarely happens with EJ, very rarely. In this game, when they got any pressure on him, he crumbled.

He just isn't good enough to be a starter in this league. I am happy keeping the guy as a backup, but in my opinion, he is not even close to being starting caliber. I thought Johnny football made EJ look embarassingly behind schedule in terms of developing into a starting quarterback. And I don't think Johnny Football is particularly good.

I don't think he is ready either. But in the last drive he threw THREE different terrific passes in the endzone. TT didn't experience close to the rush that EJ did.

EJ has earned a chance to start next week if you ask me. When your best receiver on the field is Chris Gragg the deck is not exactly stacked in your favor.

He has shown as much heart as anyone on this team. ill advised snaps. 0 protection. A lack of talent around him with the 3rd string. And week after week he still tries just as hard the next series.

I am not a person who beats the drum for EJ. This is just what i believe is a fair assessment.

Fair enough. But let me ask you this. If the Bills played EJ all day and Cleveland played Manziel all day, which team would have ended up with the most points at the end of the game?

If you honestly think the Bills would have won then I get your point. I don't see how anyone could think that. I am confident that the Bills would have lost that game by more than 7.

When Manziel was pressured he ended the game on a 1/7 streak. Not sure I'm seeing what you're seeing.

I'll take the Bills vs. the Browns all day no matter who is starting at QB for either team.

I don't follow. The other Ej "skeptics" will show up eventually to assist perhaps ?

You might be on your own with this one. Ej made monster throws tonite.

TT 1 EJ 2. Cassel ain't making these throws.

I don't follow. The other Ej "skeptics" will show up eventually to assist perhaps ?

I don't follow either, he's on his own.

The Bills. Did you see how our first team D did again Johnny last year?

Another thing about EJ. He did make one terrible play on third down when he got sacked and fumbled although we recovered. But he threw that TD which was a great pass, he threw a pass that was flat dropped in the endzone that should have been a TD, and he threw an absolutely perfect pass in the endzone on the same drive to Davis that had the double penalty on. That was a gorgeous pass in the endzone.

With the game and his Bills career on the line. IMO that was my biggest takeaway from this game. EJ deserves the next preseason game start based how he finished this game.

Taylor looked pretty good, but EJ looked like what an NFL winning starting QB looks like. I don't care what the haters say, this has officially become a great and competitive QB competition.

I am honestly trying to be objective.

It feels like you guys are seeing what you want to see instead of what is really happening out there. How does EJ inspire any confidence in you at all after that performance. Honestly? I don't get it. One good drive once in a while is not good enough for me. I want a QB that can move the chains and help you win the field position battle. EJ certainly didn't do that tonight. Maybe I am crazy. It seems you guys think so. I just don't see it at all. I find my faith in him as a quarterback is worse after tonight certainly not better.

When Manziel was pressured he ended the game on a 1/7 streak. Not sure I'm seeing what you're seeing.

I'll take the Bills vs. the Browns all day no matter who is starting at QB for either team.

Manziel throws weak armed floaters that are not NFL caliber. CFL bound!

How can EJ be evaluated fairly when he is always playing with the second and third team offense ? He should be given a fair chance to win the job.

I watched him last year with the 1st team and he sucked. He is not an NFL starter. Get over him.

I am honestly trying to be objective.

It feels like you guys are seeing what you want to see instead of what is really happening out there. How does EJ inspire any confidence in you at all after that performance. Honestly? I don't get it. One good drive once in a while is not good enough for me. I want a QB that can move the chains and help you win the field position battle. EJ certainly didn't do that tonight. Maybe I am crazy. It seems you guys think so. I just don't see it at all. I find my faith in him as a quarterback is worse after tonight certainly not better.

Some of us watch the offensive line play and WR's as well to judge the QB. As soon as he had 3 seconds to throw he started hitting passes.

EJ has the work ethic and demeanor I want in a franchise QB. He also has the size and natural ability. He is inching closer to being the guy. I'm seeing it. The adversity he is facing is crazy.

I agree re the adversity. This QB competition seems to be the best thing for him.

He seems to have a differernt spark; and he was slinging it, instead of his old aiming.

I am not sure he wins; but I would like to see him with the starters.