Preseason Game 2: 8/20 - Bills @ Browns at 8 PM ET on ESPN

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be less sarcastic on EJ...

He looks significantly better at maneuvering in the pocket this year, to me. I feel like in the past he'd do a spin move and try to boot leg it, this pre-season he's done a better job of side stepping/stepping up and getting rid of the ball. Last game his throws looked good, this game the pressure and players he's throwing it to make it much less clear how he's throwing, so I can't really actually judge too much. And since I can't judge too much, all I can do is judge Tyrod and Cassel, both of which looked competent with the first teamers.

Meanwhile hes still inaccurate on the move

That's how I think. The D was awesome. I was happy with TT. Not sure there is anything else important we could glean. I would have liked the second team ol to be better but that's about it. Duke looked bad but he's a backup and Darby looked good.

Pretty much agree. Things look pretty good right about now. Big game next week for a lot of bubble guys.

BF4E has been noticeably absent from this thread. I can't wait to hear his take on this. It will be epic.

What would be epic about it? That he says EJ had no time to throw. You should start ANOTHER EJ poll. Now that would be epic. There can never be enough of those.

EJ can't shake loose his bad habit of slapping the ball with his non-throwing hand before he pumps and is about to throw the ball. It adds a lot of time to his release and is a signal to DBs that he is about to throw the ball.

I have to assume the coaching staff is all over him for this but he can't fix the problem, which probably makes the staff cringe.

That's how I think. The D was awesome. I was happy with TT. Not sure there is anything else important we could glean. I would have liked the second team ol to be better but that's about it. Duke looked bad but he's a backup and Darby looked good.

Duke does look bad, but Graham and AW look like a vicious combo

I think with the way Roman uses his TEs, if he sticks he'll get a few chances to show his wheels.

He's certainly a matchup nightmare... and a couple years ago apparently he was blocking really well, so I'm not really sure why he hasn't gotten more play. Maybe the reports of of his blocking ability were mistaken?

He's certainly a matchup nightmare... and a couple years ago apparently he was blocking really well, so I'm not really sure why he hasn't gotten more play. Maybe the reports of of his blocking ability were mistaken?

I hope so. I have him penciled in on my final roster, so I think he'll stick. Another nice catch there.