SI: Bills are a National Brand with Rex

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@SInow

Doug Whaley: "Here it is in a nutshell: we're a national brand now with Rex" (by @DonBanks) http://on.si.com/1K4eszl

CMtchJhWwAAeJKs.jpg

Interesting comment when asked about IK. Wonder who he has in mind when he refers to these guys with more ability that are still available

There’s a lot of guys with more ability than some of the guys we picked up, but they’re still out there waiting for calls. They’re guys I would not bring into our locker room. Because the community is hugely important, not just to me, but our our ownership. So I’m never going to put somebody in this community that I don’t think is going to succeed in this community, as well as on the football field and in our locker room. That’s the dead-honest truth.”

This is true. I never used to hear anything about the Bills living in Cbus. Now they talk about them all the time, and I was listening to the morning show on cbs sports radio (tiki barber and Brandon tierney) and they spent tons of time on the Bills today and had Fred Jackson on. Not because they were required to (like when the shows do a preview of each team before the season or whatever), just because they thought they were such an interesting team.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Bottom line is there are a lot more eyes on the Bills with Rex in as HC.

Do you think that would have been true if he was recently fired from and hadn't had a winning season in 5 years with, say, the Jags? Or Tampa?

In other words, if he had not come from the Jets, and instead had flamed out years ago on one of those other teams, would all eyes be on him now with the Bills?

Do you think that would have been true if he was recently fired from and hadn't had a winning season in 5 years with, say, the Jags? Or Tampa?

In other words, if he had not come from the Jets, and instead had flamed out years ago on one of those other teams, would all eyes be on him now with the Bills?

The NY element has to be factored in the equation, but even without that Rex is still the cult of personality that would attract more attention.

I think we'll get some of our own bandwagon fans back after this year.

I'm an out-of-market fan and I've had a huge Bills sticker on my car's rear window for a while. I'm self-conscious, now that the Bills are getting attention, that people will view me as a bandwagoner.

I feel the urge to explain myself to complete strangers.

It has less to do with where he coached than who the guy is and how he acts. It's really not rocket surgery, WEO.

my wife isn't much of a football fan but she puts up with me and my love for this team. she usually hounds me for wasting my time watching a bad team. "they aren't going to win anyways so what's the point?" is what she usually says. but at the pre-season game on friday she said "this feels different" and she was actually excited and into the game (she's now a Tyrod Taylor fan). she knows what Rex's truck looks like, she actually thinks it's exciting when they talk about us in SI for example. there's definitely an excitement around here that there hasn't been in a very long time, since i was a kid. i think Rex is a big reason why

I'm an out-of-market fan and I've had a huge Bills sticker on my car's rear window for a while. I'm self-conscious, now that the Bills are getting attention, that people will view me as a bandwagoner.

Come on...you only signed up for The Stadium Wall a year ago! Many of us have been here for more than a decade.

Haha.

I'm with you on this one. People know I'm a die hard fan but if the Bills become a serious contender some will question if I'm on the bandwagon or a true fan.

I suffered far too long to be questioned!!!