Most regrettable Bill's player cuts

Steve O

London Fletcher

London was a passionate competitor and I think called out Jauron's and the team's losing mentality. I am not sure if he directly or indirectly pushed to leave the team.

He got a 5 year $25 Mil contract with the Redskins, the same terms we gave Langston Walker that offseason. I have no doubt which one would have helped us win more....

From my time watching, I understood the Pat Williams departure the least.

That guy could anchor like almost no one else I have seen play. Occasionally a brute would get him to pivot one foot back a foot or so, but I swear I never saw anyone move both of his feet backwards. Offenses could not run through him.

To make it even worse, I think Pat loved playing on the Bills and wanted to stay.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

London was a passionate competitor and I think called out Jauron's and the team's losing mentality. I am not sure if he directly or indirectly pushed to leave the team.

He got a 5 year $25 Mil contract with the Redskins, the same terms we gave Langston Walker that offseason. I have no doubt which one would have helped us win more....

From my time watching, I understood the Pat Williams departure the least.

That guy could anchor like almost no one else I have seen play. Occasionally a brute would get him to pivot one foot back a foot or so, but I swear I never saw anyone move both of his feet backwards. Offenses could not run through him.

To make it even worse, I think Pat loved playing on the Bills and wanted to stay.

Yup, we had london playing inside and let him go for nothing only to draft poz to replace him. Head scratcher for sure.

Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas and Andre Reed. Still can't believe when you look at Thurman's career stats it shows a year with the Dolphins. It's almost surreal that it happened.

A few months ago I saw a homeless man wearing a Thurman Thomas Dolphin's jersey. I did a triple take.

Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas and Andre Reed. Still can't believe when you look at Thurman's career stats it shows a year with the Dolphins. It's almost surreal that it happened.

^^^This. Those cuts weren't regrettable because they hurt the team at the time, but it really sucked seeing those three in different uniforms -- namely TT.

There seems to be a lot of confusion between guys that the Bills cut and guys that left in FA.

Do you really think that people who want to talk about lost FAs should open a different thread?

For cuts, I will add Jason Peters' name. We were fortunate enough to get him back (from the NYG PS I think) after cutting him once.

The most damaging of all time was the loss of Bill Polian. If he'd been a player he would have been a superstar, and we not only let him walk away for nothing, we actually fired him, because Polian wouldn't let Ralph force him to employ Ralph's daughter. It's amazing how many ways this organization has found to screw up.