Wawrow Article Indicates EJ Sees Wall's Writing

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hence the dichotomy... I'd agrue if you were at the Carolina game and watched him coolly and calmly win the game with his arm and his legs or look at the way he nearly led the team to beat the pats in his rookie opener, his exemplary games v the Jets and jax or even decent starts last season v Chicago and Miami, you can argue there is SOMETHING there. Couple that with the history of QB development in the NFL, and there IS still some doubt whether the guy should hit the bricks or continue on as a development project.

*Add* competent QBing in the NFL is hard to come by. Take EJs physical attributes, they are 1 in a million.... His anticipation and timing stink, but he's got intangibles and numerous tangibles. If it's just mental and enough experience turns him into even a Donte culpepper calibur guy, it's worth it.

Im an EJ fan and hope he is our guy...but to say he cooly and calmly won that game against Carolina is not 100% truth. He dumped off a pass to Fred Jackson that he should have thrown away. If Fred catches that pass instead of purposely drop it, the Bills lose. Later SJ got a call, and finally SJ got wide open on a defensive mix up. Again, he won the game and I want EJ to be the starter, but it wasnst as cool and calm as you make it out to be!

Not sure what you're talking about in regards to your first point. That is not what I said at all. Not even close.

And I don't have it backwards. In fact, I said pretty much what you said. Let it play out and see how he progresses. I don't agree we're at a cut bait point but - obviously - that's not for me to say. We'll see what the coaching staff thinks.

Third training camp should be more than enough evidence of progress and being demoted to third string speaks volumes. You can argue that this is a subtle motivational kick in the behind by Ryan to see how EJ responds, but many people close to the situation don't believe so.

They got him and Kiko, or, now, him and Shady McCoy for that pick.

Nevertheless, hindsight being 20/20, they should not have drafted a major, MAJOR project QB at 16 having missed the playoffs for 10+ years. I'm not saying they should've drafted Wilson the previous year. In fact, I'm not giving alternate names at all. I just think that a team that is desperate to make a quick turn-around is better served not burning a 1st-round pick on a QB that will need a ton of development.

Nevertheless, hindsight being 20/20, they should not have drafted a major, MAJOR project QB at 16 having missed the playoffs for 10+ years. I'm not saying they should've drafted Wilson the previous year. In fact, I'm not giving alternate names at all. I just think that a team that is desperate to make a quick turn-around is better served not burning a 1st-round pick on a QB that will need a ton of development.

The idea was never to start him. The idea was to sign a veteran QB and let EJ grow and learn, which they did. It wasn't a good choice because they got an injury prone guy who,immediately got injured. But the plan was never to have EJ start immediately.

The idea was never to start him. The idea was to sign a veteran QB and let EJ grow and learn, which they did. It wasn't a good choice because they got an injury prone guy who,immediately got injured. But the plan was never to have EJ start immediately.

Not sure where you got this impression and not sure why you are stating this as a fact...

Imo

Not sure where you got this impression and not sure why you are stating this as a fact...

Imo

Sorry Leroy but im gonna have to agree with that as basic common knowledge and side with Kelly over you on this one.

Is E.J. getting a fair shake....this year. I don`t care about the scrimmage. I`m talking about first team reps in a pre-season game.This year,not the past. I`m not a big E.J. fan but I would like to see him in with the ones against another team.

He didn't earn them. That's what a fair shake means.

Is E.J. getting a fair shake....this year. I don`t care about the scrimmage. I`m talking about first team reps in a pre-season game.This year,not the past. I`m not a big E.J. fan but I would like to see him in with the ones against another team.

If this was any other team, chances are good, EJ would've been history last year.

Since this is the Bills, why not waste a roster spot last and this year. Is this team trying to win?

3rd QB is all about Potential. EJ hit his ceiling in 2013.

No more wasting roster spots on Emotions...

He has had more than a fair shake.

Imo

Edited by Leroi

Only they didn't have time to let a major project 1st-round QB grow and learn, they hadn't been in the playoffs for over 10 years. If the plan was for Kolb to take them to another level in the meantime, that wasn't very smart either.

Major project 3rd-round QB? OK. 1st round QB in this case with this team should've been more advanced like say waiting a year & taking a Bridgewater (knowing fully well there's no guarantee there either). All IMO, hindsight being 20/20.

Edited by Rico

Sorry Leroy but im gonna have to agree with that as basic common knowledge and side with Kelly over you on this one.

Common Knowledge? More like Common Ignorance and the sheeple believe it.

No need to apologize...

Imo

If this was any other team, chances are good, EJ would've been history last year.

Since this is the Bills, why not waste a roster spot last and this year. Is this team trying to win?

3rd QB is all about Potential. EJ hit his ceiling in 2013.

No more wasting roster spots in Emotions...

Imo

yeah I know of one other.

I have got to disagree on the basis that I said from the moment he was signed that Kolb was a tomato can brought in for EJ to easily kick over and that Kolb was basically handicapped and was unlikely to even make it out of camp uninjured.

I may have even suggested that it was unaccountable of the Bills to let the thoroughly busted up guy suit up again. Then it happened...of course.....and then we had to hear stories about how Kolb's ears ring 24 hours a day like he has a jet taking off next to him. :doh:

Fitz and TJax are HOF's compared to that dude and that's just in terms of production when healthy......let alone durability. I just can't even buy that Buddy and Whaley were that stupid. Had to be a setup for the rookie QB.

I have got to disagree on the basis that I said from the moment he was signed that Kolb was a tomato can brought in for EJ to easily kick over and that Kolb was basically handicapped and was unlikely to even make it out of camp uninjured.

I may have even suggested that it was unaccountable of the Bills to let the thoroughly busted up guy suit up again. Then it happened...of course.....and then we had to hear stories about how Kolb's ears ring 24 hours a day like he has a jet taking off next to him. :doh:

Fitz and TJax are HOF's compared to that dude and that's just in terms of production when healthy......let alone durability. I just can't even buy that Buddy and Whaley were that stupid. Had to be a setup for the rookie QB.

This was the case. Cobb was one hit/ mistake away from ending his career. He was there for the Veteran presence...never to start.

Good Post BTW.

Imo

really don't give two ***** if you clicked the link or not. i don't get paid for clicks. i get paid for keeping my reputation.

unfair to the players? good freaking christ, ej could have very well ended these questions by actually establishing himself as an actual starting quarterback, but the apologists won't ever accept that.

there's always some vague meddlesome excuse.

hey, i like EJ. i think he's a stand up guy.

but to suggest this is a "silly argument" belies the fact that you're actually the one who not only prompted it but continued it by hoping i'd provide you some glimmer of hope that EJ didn't exactly say what he exactly said; that i somehow "tricked" him into saying it.

good lord, i've provided you every opportunity of the doubt and yet you persist in perpetuating this myth that the questions the media is asking EJ is the thing that's holding him back.

i realize you're a true believer, and will always be somehow miffed that it was the media -- nay MY fault -- that EJ failed.

i'll accept that role of being that strawman if you agree to be the blind fool.

jw

Not only do I think it was a fair question and a reasonable analysis, I think it took some balls to shoot it straight knowing there'd be some backlash.

Imo

Because Whaley and Nix and Marrone all said it, and then they signed Kolb to be the starter. And Kolb soon got hurt, even though he was playing very poorly in OTAs and training camp and EJ was actually beating him out.

You did say that and were proven to be right. That's not what Nix and Whaley said and intimated though. It was a bad plan, like the not bringing in anyone to challenge EJ the next year turned out to be a bad plan.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2015/08/05/how-the-original-plan-for-ej-was-compromised/

Edited by Kelly the Dog