Will the QB competition be over after the Browns game?

#1- it would be shocking if roman & rex don't already know who the week 1 starter is, they just aren't saying.

#2- with this group of QB's, it will be a season long "competition", no ones job is safe and secure.

1) I agree deep inside OBD it is over IMO. The guessing game here will playout for 3+ weeks yet.

Choose wisely!

I would like to see EJ with the 1s for the Steelers game. And then they make a decision after that and still have 2 weeks before the Opener.

#1- it would be shocking if roman & rex don't already know who the week 1 starter is, they just aren't saying.

#2- with this group of QB's, it will be a season long "competition", no ones job is safe and secure.

I dont think Rex and Roman are that dumb that they would give up precious #1 snaps just to keep the facade going. They may think they know who it's going to be. and are still letting it play out. But if they truly had made a decision, they would be giving that QB the extra work. I would hope.

Interesting analysis. So Cassel is already on his way out , yet they still have him taking reps with 1s and 2s?

It's training camp; you must have a competent QB back there so that the skill position players can be evaluated properly. Once the regular season starts you can throw them to the wolves.

I would like to see EJ with the 1s for the Steelers game. And then they make a decision after that and still have 2 weeks before the Opener.

I dont think Rex and Roman are that dumb that they would give up precious #1 snaps just to keep the facade going. They may think they know who it's going to be. and are still letting it play out. But if they truly had made a decision, they would be giving that QB the extra work. I would hope.

rex probably told tyrod it would be an open competition in the recruiting process. i could easily see rex keeping up the "facade" in order to keep his word.

Good stuff in here from Whaley on TT's potential to possibly win job vs Browns

@TyDunne: New at the BN Blitz Blog: It's a critical week for #Bills QB Tyrod Taylor ... http://t.co/AZJ2vK9pwlhttp://t.co/RkVNki5IP9

Cool.

I hate the cut-and-paste comments on Cassel, though. "He's a QB who rarely messes up." "Safe bet."

The media keeps saying that about him, but he's not. He has more turnovers in his career than TDs, so he messes up plenty.

"The safe bet" is a reputation that comes with being a veteran, but it's just not true with journeymen back-ups. They're backups for a reason. They can maybe win you half your games. Maybe keep a playoff run alive if your starter is injured. However, once the important, pressure-cooker, playoff games start, that QB will make mistakes and has a good chance of losing the game for you.

Instead of those other phrases, just say "he's a confident and knowledgeable veteran. A good backup."

Taylor one of four and sacked four times today against Brownies ones and two`s.

Cassel . I think was five of eight ,3 tds and sacked once. I think it was against the ones and two`s.

E.J. was three of four and sacked once against two`s and three `s

Cassel . I think was five of eight ,3 tds and sacked once. I think it was against the ones and two`s.

Cassel was playing against the ones.

Cassel was playing against the ones.

The strange thing about these stats to me is that they only threw the ball 16 times combined (plus probably another 4-5 from Simms).

The strange thing about these stats to me is that they only threw the ball 16 times combined (plus probably another 4-5 from Simms).

They have to perfect the run game.

Roman said they have specific things being implemented in practice. Even though there is a QB competition, they're not trying to showcase them. This is a running offense. Just think of McCoy as our franchise QB. :thumbsup:

Remember that there's more to the QB competition than just the stats.

On that note, I wonder how the running game did today. Didn't see much about them...

Roman said they have specific things being implemented in practice. Even though there is a QB competition, they're not trying to showcase them. This is a running offense. Just think of McCoy as our franchise QB. :thumbsup:

On that note, I wonder how the running game did today. Didn't see much about them...

We only had two healthy rbs. Shady and the new kid. T.T. was bad though. I think it`s looking better for Cassel. Well we will see after the Browns game ,how things are going,again.

Nonexistent. We're out of RBs, and the few times they called a run play it was "stuffed" at the line. The Browns DL, specifically their draft pick Shelton, were really fired up.

Edited by DrDareustein

The QB competition won't be over in the eyes of the fans unless we go undefeated and win the Superbowl.

You think that would end it?

"We coulda went 19-0 if we traded for Locker" would be posted within the hour of a Superbowl victory.

rex probably told tyrod it would be an open competition in the recruiting process. i could easily see rex keeping up the "facade" in order to keep his word.

So take away time with the real starter simply to keep a guy who didnt win the job happy? That's not the straight-shooting Rex we all know and love.

I dont doubt he has a favorite, but it definitely isnt settled yet.

Tyrod starter, EJ backup. Matt starting Pre Season Game 1 -> kiss of death.

Hello? Anybody in there??

Have you been paying attention to practice, games, comments by coaches???

I would love for Manuel to start to redeem himself, to play a perfect game Thursday. And this would then possibly earn him the start for game 3.

BUT, very unlikely!

Just because we want something to be so doesn't mean it will. We are adults, I think, and there is zero evidence, and I mean that literally, to point to Manuel being the backup--and to Cassel being cut.

Wake up!